Refillable Beer Mug ?

wishiwasgolfing

Git R Done
I heard there used to be a refillable beer mug where you bought a 20 oz. mug and then got refills for $2.50. I'm not sure if such a thing still exists. Can somebody let me know?
thanks,:confused:

Yes, such a thing exists. Basically you pay the regular price for each beer (which varies depending on whether it's domestic or import) and you get 4 free ounces (a typical beer is only 16oz, but the mug holds 20oz). Basically a "buy 3, get 1 free" deal.

Whether or not it's worth it depends entirely on how much beer you plan on drinking. We mainly got the mugs as a souvenire.

My wife bought the mug and got her money's worth :D. I really like the mug too. I'm a big ESPN fan and seeing teh mug also reminds me of our awesome cruise.

What kind of domestic lite beer do they have onboard???? Bud lite, Miller lite or Coors lite????

O.K. so I am a Navy Chief that likes "her" beer. My husband and I plan to take some onboard. Are bottles a problem at the Adult pools. Do they serve bottled beer?? If so what kind????? I am a Coors Light lady, do I need to bring rations for the week???

They request no glass near the pools - but you could transfer the beer to a plastic cup (or even better a plastic insulated mug) and you'd be ok.

Sorry, not certain about bottled beer - I think they have some limited types in the ESPN club and available at dinner.

I investigated the beer selection while I was onboard during our 5/26 cruise. I was maintaining a thread entitled "Let me answer your questions, 'live' from the Magic" (<a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=38440">link</a>) and two folks asked me if they have Guinness on board.

Here's a complete list of the beers available onboard:
<table border=0 cellpadding=5><tr><td valign=top>On tap</td><td><nl><li>Budweiser</li><li>Miller Lite</li><li>Heineken</li></nl></td></tr><tr><td valign=top>In cans</td><td><nl><li>Budweiser</li><li>Bud Lite</li><li>Coors Light</li><li>Guinness</li><li>Heineken</li><li>Ice House</li><li>Miller Genuine Draft</li><li>Miller Lite</li></nl></td></tr><tr><td valign=top>In bottles</td><td><nl><li>Amstell Light</li><li>Bass</li><li>Corona</li></nl></td></tr></table>

These are the beers available at most full-service bars. They also serve the draft selections at various stands set up on Decks 9 and 10 during the day.

Draft Beer (16 ounces) costs $3.25 for domestic and $4.00 for imported.

Canned / Bottled Beer costs $3.25 for domestic and $3.75 for imported.

There is a refillable mug deal where you can get your 22-ounce mug refilled with one of the draft selections for the price of 16-ounces of that brand. It's a heavy glass mug, and I wouldn't have wanted to carry it around.

Keep in mind that there is an automatic 15% gratuity added to your bill for each one.

Thanks for the information Dave. Your website and all the information you provide is much appreciated. Thanks.
I guess I will have to buy the mug for a souvenier(sp? I've had a few tonight) and I guess I will most likely have to try every beer on the menu a few times. After all I will be on vacation.:bounce:

Thanks Dave, you don't know how much this Navy Chief appreciates ALL your info.....looking forward to cruisin'.

re:beer it seems to me that beck's was sold in the can on deck 9 and in the bottle at the espn club,other than that I can't recall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter