• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Referral Credit

Senecabeach,

I appologize for any offense to you and anyone reading this thread. By no means did I mean to pass judgement on anyone in this forum and the people here. Everyone here has been great help. I guess my real concern is that based on my guide's comments and answer, I feel that (and correct me if I'm wrong) that its not just the referral credit I'm concern with (few bucks),its the membership benefit/services that I will receive going forward because I bought my DVC thru the resale. It seems that everything so far that I've encounter whether it's gifts, credits, benefits and/or member services, i always ended up with an answer that "because you purchased thru resale and not direct". I referred a close friend of mine and i'm not concern makin a few bucks from that... but concern with the guidance that he will get over me due to the fact that he bought it direct.
And I guess that is my main concern..

kiingor....

Thanks for your reply, not a problem..:grouphug:

You are NOT a 2nd class citizen in DVC but an equal, like all the rest of us 90K people going forward in membership/benefits/ms..and hey dues too.:rotfl2:
The differences only initially occur in the methods of purchasing/closing...amen!

So...from Disney your friend will get a new binder with his docs enclosed and probably a tote bag, maybe a litho/print of his resort...BUT... NO secret treatment or additional information that you won't get/have!!
Remember to...you have us!:lmao: :lmao:

BTW... Sorry for my harshness...I haven't been that cranked up since I left the corporate world in '03...did help with my low blood pressure:thumbsup2

thanks..
simply put.. i was concern with the special treatment direct purchase gets over resale.
I guess i can live without that totebag... unless its leather...:laughing:

thanks..
simply put.. i was concern with the special treatment direct purchase gets over resale.
I guess i can live without that totebag... unless its leather...:laughing:

As noted there is no special treatment for direct purchasers. Once you are in the system everything is the same.

You may have missed out on a couple of trinkets but that is it. If you want I have a Giclee here I don't want I'll gladly send it to you free of charge to "ease your pain."

pm if interested.

As noted there is no special treatment for direct purchasers. Once you are in the system everything is the same.

You may have missed out on a couple of trinkets but that is it. If you want I have a Giclee here I don't want I'll gladly send it to you free of charge to "ease your pain."

pm if interested.

You're just not getting any takers on that Giclee... I've offered to trade mine for a tote, but no takers either. :confused3

I purchase thru resale.. but my friend whom I referred purchase direct. Am I entitle to the referral credit?
If in the future, I refer people who will purchase direct... will I still get the credit.

Yes, as long as your state isn't one of those who wont allow it.

dumbo,

thanks for the offer of the giclee.... funny thing... after i got my signon for the member site.. i found out about the giclee and called them up.. they told me that its free for people who purchased DVC in January 2006 only. Otherwise I have to purchase for $49.99. so I went on ebay and bought one for $15. 3 weeks later, Disney send me one for free. Go figure.:yay:

Funny... that's what my guide said .. "people refer is not because of the credit, but because it makes them feel good."
Now, C'mon- anyone here really doing it (lets say 5 referrals a year) and it makes them feel good even though there's no benefits.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1241943

Wow- there's 273 replies- alot of people want to feel good.:cool1:

Yep. Maybe it was four. Can't remember. Knew there was nothing coming my way. But then again I did tease my guide for chocolate.

You're just not getting any takers on that Giclee... I've offered to trade mine for a tote, but no takers either. :confused3

Actually I did though not the poster from this thread. I was all set to get the adddres and ship it. I told my wife and her response was " You mean the one your son loves and the one I'm going to frame and hang in his room." My comment " Errrrrrrrrrrr, yeah that one.:confused3 "

I had to rescind the offer. I was even going to pay the shipping for the person who pm'd.

Moral of the story: ALWAYS check with the wife first.:thumbsup2

Edit: Klingor just read your post. You are welcome, it wouldn't have happened anyway. Lesson learned on my end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter