Referral Credit

kiingor

Mouseketeer
I just spoke to my Guide and he said people who bought thru Resale do not get referral credit. Can anyone confirm this ?
I just referred a friend back in december when we were at disney together. He just closed his deal. so heres the problem..
I wont get the referral credit because :
1) I bought thru resale,
2) My friend had requested the DVC package info back in 2005. So his name is in the computer which means he didnt buy it because of me.
Can you believe this nonsense.
And on top of that.. he got bunch of goodies like canvas bag, pins, books etc. because he bought it thru direct and not resale.

Now, maybe I should just sell mine and buy it back direct- what do you guys think ?

I know the box of goodies is no big deal.... but what is my incentive for referring.
Maybe I should have bought it direct ???

Yes I can confirm this.

The referral rewards program is only for direct purchases from Disney.

When a resale passes ROFR, Disney/DVC does not make any money from it, nor are they 'new' points. So why would Disney give a referral reward?

-Tony

However, I also first purchased via Resale, and I have gotten several referral rewards from Disney, from new Members I referred who purchased from Disney directly.

Are you in a state that allows referrals?

-Tony

All Members can refer new members - whether they purchased direct or resale. As for the purchase gifts - those are given by Disney with purchases - if you want those gifts with a resale it would be best to put that expectation in your offer - since the original purchaser already recieved any gifts offered at the time of purchase.

In the past, if a buyer was already in the DVC system (meaning they had already had contact with DVC at some time) no credit would come from a later referral. Some have reported variations in that policy more recently.

As noted, some states do not allow DVC to provide referral awards to their residents. I live in IN and am "protected" by the state from participating in any such referral program - However, I have gotten many nice "Thanks for the referral" letters over the years as letters seem to be OK with the state.

I purchase thru resale.. but my friend whom I referred purchase direct. Am I entitle to the referral credit?
If in the future, I refer people who will purchase direct... will I still get the credit.

I'm from NY and my friend is also from NY.. .. so i'm not sure if this state is eligible for referral credit.

This was posted on the other referal thread..

Which states are eligible for the Program? An Eligible State is any state that permits rewarding Members for their participation in the Sharing the Magic Program. Currently those states are: Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Puerto Rico is also an eligible jurisdiction.

I heard that owners didn't get the referral bonus- if their name wasn't given by the buyer at the first point of contact with Disney.

I heard that owners didn't get the referral bonus- if their name wasn't given by the buyer at the first point of contact with Disney.

That is my understanding as well, that the buyer must mention the name of the referring party at first contact with Disney. They keep records. I doesn't matter anyway, Texans can't get the bonus.

I purchase thru resale.. but my friend whom I referred purchase direct. Am I entitle to the referral credit?
If in the future, I refer people who will purchase direct... will I still get the credit.

You should get the referral credit as long as you were the source of his initial contact with DVC. If he had already gotten information from them in 2005, you may not be given any referral credit.

This was posted on the other referal thread..

Which states are eligible for the Program? An Eligible State is any state that permits rewarding Members for their participation in the Sharing the Magic Program. Currently those states are: Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Puerto Rico is also an eligible jurisdiction.

And no Canada. I'm currently begging my guide for chocolate though...

It just doesnt make sense. So what he received the package in 2005... Still I was the one that did the convincing. And he got the $15 discount because he knew a member. So if he had requested the info back in 2005, then why was the discount honor and not my credit. boo hoo

It just doesnt make sense. So what he received the package in 2005... Still I was the one that did the convincing. And he got the $15 discount because he knew a member. So if he had requested the info back in 2005, then why was the discount honor and not my credit. boo hoo

then why was the discount honor and not my credit.
Because the original person shown as the referrer...is a DVC member.
I have had a few people who have waited a few yrs. to purchase.

You must be on '"Disney"s records", under the "newbie's paperwork".....which BTW Disney keeps for many years (they had my original from 14 years ago).... as the referring person. Those are and have been the rules from inception of DVC..and it makes perfect sense. :rolleyes1

There are many newbies who are doing thier homework and our veteran input is important to help them make good financial decisions for thier families on this big $$ purchase.
Be happy you helped someone "Share the Magic" !! :cloud9:

Funny... that's what my guide said .. "people refer is not because of the credit, but because it makes them feel good."
Now, C'mon- anyone here really doing it (lets say 5 referrals a year) and it makes them feel good even though there's no benefits.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1241943

Wow- there's 273 replies- alot of people want to feel good.:cool1:

Funny... that's what my guide said .. "people refer is not because of the credit, but because it makes them feel good."
Now, C'mon- anyone here really doing it (lets say 5 referrals a year) and it makes them feel good even though there's no benefits.

kiingor.. I take offense by your judgement of "all" being greedy. The perks are great for families and save them some $$ in however they take it.

Yea... look at that thread...then look at all the POSTS those people have under thier belt..and just "imagine" all the information they have departed to ALL of us... and YOU, a newbie, are telling me that its all for the almighty $$$??? :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

So...after you get your 5 referrals...you give NO information to newbies the rest of the year??? :confused3
Glad you didn't refer me in 03!!:lmao: :lmao:

Lets not judge everyone..get over it...stop whinning like a kid about a few bucks you didn't get.

I didn't say that nor do I speak for anyone but myself....but I guess you "help" newbies for you own hidden agenda...takes all kinds!

And lastly... the "crumbs" that Disney gives as perks I personally give to thier charity ... I am blessed with no $$ issues.:cloud9:
Ah....Have a Disney Day

kiingor.. I take offense by your judgement of "all" being greedy. The perks are great for families and save them some $$ in however they take it.

So...after you get your 5 referrals...you give NO information to newbies the rest of the year??? :confused3
Glad you didn't refer me in 03!!:lmao: :lmao:

Lets not judge everyone..get over it...stop whinning like a kid about a few bucks you didn't get.

I didn't say that nor do I speak for anyone but myself....but I guess you "help" newbies for you own hidden agenda...takes all kinds!

And lastly... the "crumbs" that Disney gives as perks I personally give to thier charity ... I am blessed with no $$ issues.:cloud9:
Ah....Have a Disney Day

ITA.

You do things because you want to not because there might be some reward in it for you. I use that term reward loosely in this case.

If you are in the computer you haven't truly been referred. You already knew about DVC. The referral is for the true new buyers.

In the past, if a buyer was already in the DVC system (meaning they had already had contact with DVC at some time) no credit would come from a later referral. Some have reported variations in that policy more recently.

Purely out of curiousity, if I am only in the system with an email address, am I "in the system?" When I signed up with Disney Online I know that I checked the box that I was interested in DVC. I've never gotten a planning video or anything. Just emails. I'm probably going to buy in the next couple of days and would like my friend to get a surprise bonus.

Purely out of curiousity, if I am only in the system with an email address, am I "in the system?" When I signed up with Disney Online I know that I checked the box that I was interested in DVC. I've never gotten a planning video or anything. Just emails. I'm probably going to buy in the next couple of days and would like my friend to get a surprise bonus.

The referrence to someone "already being in the system" means that the person has already made verbal contact with DVC. During the conversation, usually, a guide will ask "has anyone referred you?" ...thats when you give a referral.
So... when you call DVC in the next few days...give your friends name and address and they will recieve a Thank You notice from DVC, then, after you close on the contract, they will get a mailing about the reward they will get.:thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1241943

Wow- there's 273 replies- alot of people want to feel good.:cool1:

Well, I live in a state that does NOT allow any referral rewards and have referred MANY people over the years - simply because I think it's a great program and want to share the benefits with others. I even spoke with 4 people today on a bus at WDW who asked about DVC when they saw the jacket I was wearing.

Why is it so hard to believe that some are willing and eager to spread the word about DVC even if they get no financial reward?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter