Reducing ear pressure on plane?????

you can purchased them at CVS or other drug stores...They are little plastic earplug type things that you insert into your childs ear prior to take off. They are supposed to regulate the pressure in the ear.

you can purchased them at CVS or other drug stores...They are little plastic earplug type things that you insert into your childs ear prior to take off. They are supposed to regulate the pressure in the ear.

Thanks for the info, I have never heard of these before (which might make sense as I've never flown before and am planning a trip for me, dh, dd & ds for November). Do they have to wear the earplanes for the duration of the plane ride? :)

Great tips!!! When we go, it will be both my DD and DS's first plane ride. I was wondering what I could do/get to prepare myself for this problem. My last plane ride, I was in tears the entire flight back from Miami due to my ears and I do not want my kids experiencing that.

I actually found the "warm water in Cup Idea" in a product on Leaps and Bounds website last night. If you do a search for ear on their website they have a product that you just add warm water too to allievate the pain.

I bought two for our upcoming trip. Unfortunately, the earplanes didn't work for DD..They didn't actually work for me either... must be a genetic thing.

DS and I tried the earplanes last year. We had the same problem. They didn't work! :confused:

I actually found the "warm water in Cup Idea" in a product on Leaps and Bounds website last night. If you do a search for ear on their website they have a product that you just add warm water too to allievate the pain.

I bought two for our upcoming trip. Unfortunately, the earplanes didn't work for DD..They didn't actually work for me either... must be a genetic thing.

Thanks for this tip! I went on Leaps and Bounds and they sell both the Earplanes (for $6.95 for the pair) and the Ear Ease Pain Reliever (for $14.95 for one). But obviously you would have to buy 2 of those Ear Ease things for both ears, right?:confused3 Water in styrofoam is much much cheaper!:laughing: Considering I would have to buy 6 of those things!

I think if I had to, I'd buy the earplanes as I can imagine what a big project it would be to get my 2yo, 3yo, 5yo to hold their styrofoam cups on their ears during take off and landing:eek:
Anyway, thanks for all of these fabulous tips! I'm definitely going to use some of them next week when we go!

These are great tips! I'll definitely be using these when we fly with our DD2 to Orlando for her first Disney trip. We have never flown with her before and I'm nervous about how she's going to react. At least now I can be prepared!

Thanks for this tip! I went on Leaps and Bounds and they sell both the Earplanes (for $6.95 for the pair) and the Ear Ease Pain Reliever (for $14.95 for one). But obviously you would have to buy 2 of those Ear Ease things for both ears, right?:confused3 Water in styrofoam is much much cheaper!:laughing: Considering I would have to buy 6 of those things!

I think if I had to, I'd buy the earplanes as I can imagine what a big project it would be to get my 2yo, 3yo, 5yo to hold their styrofoam cups on their ears during take off and landing:eek:
Anyway, thanks for all of these fabulous tips! I'm definitely going to use some of them next week when we go!

I think I would only do the Ear Ease Pain Relievers if you know your child has problems..and gum, earplanes, etc don't work.

Last time DD didn't complain on the plane, but the next morning she was in tears, and off and on throughout our trip. I'm guessing it was from the plane, so I might try to find Earplanes for this trip. I'd also like to start giving her decongestant before we leave but I don't know if there are any good OTC ones anymore. First Aid at WDW told us we needed a decongestant but you can't get any in WDW that we could find!

Younger DD has tubes so she should be good!

Last time DD didn't complain on the plane, but the next morning she was in tears, and off and on throughout our trip. I'm guessing it was from the plane, so I might try to find Earplanes for this trip. I'd also like to start giving her decongestant before we leave but I don't know if there are any good OTC ones anymore. First Aid at WDW told us we needed a decongestant but you can't get any in WDW that we could find!

Younger DD has tubes so she should be good!

The tubes are fine. A few years ago, my DS had tubes. He had no problems at all. Since his tubes have fallen out, we now use a decongestant that does work some of the times. :yay: The ENT has us use Dimetapp for DS when we fly.

I've never flown before and am wondering if anyone can tell me how long you leave the earplanes in for? Do you have to keep them in for the entire flight or just at take-off and landing? :confused3 Thanks in advance for any info.

We gave dd starbursts and sugar free twizzlers and both kept her chewing and we avoided ear pain on our trip last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter