Recovery Letter & E-Med

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
Two questions for my family-

1. I just had Covid and I cruise in August so I was going to get a recovery letter. I read somewhere that the recovery letter does not allow you to disembark at all stops, the islands require a negative test. My cruise is to Bahamas and Castaway would I have any issues getting off the ship?

2. No one else in my family got Covid (everyone tested several times). We plan to buy e-med tests and test at our hotel since we will be in Disney. I know the testing process is fairly quick, but how long does it typically take to connect to an agent? Is it in a reasonable amount of time or can if take an hour or more?

Two questions for my family-

1. I just had Covid and I cruise in August so I was going to get a recovery letter. I read somewhere that the recovery letter does not allow you to disembark at all stops, the islands require a negative test. My cruise is to Bahamas and Castaway would I have any issues getting off the ship?

2. No one else in my family got Covid (everyone tested several times). We plan to buy e-med tests and test at our hotel since we will be in Disney. I know the testing process is fairly quick, but how long does it typically take to connect to an agent? Is it in a reasonable amount of time or can if take an hour or more?
My son and his partner have been using the proctored tests for a year and a half for testing to get back into the US. Some times, they are immediately able to get a proctor to watch them test. Not always. Last summer, it was a multi hour wait for a proctor. I guess it just depends how many people are in line in front of you.

I can't speak to your first question, but I've done the eMed kits before so I can speak to that. When I used I connected to a proctor immediately, no waiting.

I have not heard that The Bahamas (Nassau and CC) deny debarkation without a negative test. I also am not aware of any of DCL's Caribbean ports denying debarkation. I have heard rumor of Jamaican ports doing so, but since DCL isn't currently sailing there until this fall it's unknown how that will play out.

DCL did make it clear on the European itineraries that passengers were expected to manage port requirements (such as testing) on their own.

I have not heard that The Bahamas (Nassau and CC) deny debarkation without a negative test. I also am not aware of any of DCL's Caribbean ports denying debarkation. I have heard rumor of Jamaican ports doing so, but since DCL isn't currently sailing there until this fall it's unknown how that will play out.

DCL did make it clear on the European itineraries that passengers were expected to manage port requirements (such as testing) on their own.
The Fantasy is currently sailing to Falmouth.

I'd really like to know this, as we have an excursion there and my husband and I currently have Covid so we're getting the 90 day letter.

Would like to know also.. I did find this on Royal Caribbeans site:

The following ports are currently not accepting a Certificate of Recovery for debarkation:

• Curacao
  • St. Kitts
  • Panama
  • Panama Canal
  • Jamaica
  • Bonaire
  • St. Lucia
  • Guatemala
  • Colombia
  • Trinidad & Tobago
  • St. Vincent
  • the Grenadines
  • Haiti
  • Cayman Islands
  • Bermuda

Right and that list could change at a moments notice if a government decided to make a change for better or worse between now and whenever we all sail. The 90 day letter might be a way to bypass pre cruise testing but it might have unintended consequences. To be the safest, best to test again and be negative.

Potentially stupid question: where do I get a letter of recovery? I have COVID now, and we plan to cruise in the next 3 months.

We are a party of 5 and are cruising this Saturday. We did the eMed testing today. I ordered a set of 6 and used my FSA debit card for the tests. I tested first. You scan the QRcode on the box and are connected almost immediately to the proctor. If you use your phone just make sure you have the ability to keep your phone vertical. You show an id like a drivers license and information from the box. You just follow their directions including opening the box. It took about 5 minutes and then they start a 15 minute timer where you need to keep the test in the camera. After 15 minutes you come back on and read the test. The results are sent within 15 minutes. We did each person using my eMed log in so the results all came to my email. I think you need to do each person's test one at a time. The results come in a PDF that is password protected by the person's birthday. I took a screenshot of each result and uploaded that. It was pretty easy. One in our party is under 18. It required an adult to help with the test and use their id. The whole thing was easy. I would do it again.

Are there any good online places to get a recovery letter? I have an official test report. Thanks
I haven't used them, but someone on my cruise social media group recommended mdanywhere. We plan to use them.

Potentially stupid question: where do I get a letter of recovery? I have COVID now, and we plan to cruise in the next 3 months.

make sure you get a documented test, not an at home test. You need the test results and the letter. Plus the rest results can’t be beyond 90 days. I only know this because I just had it, but my next cruise was 100 days away so didn’t qualify. Your doctor should be able to provide you your letter.

Some primary care docs do it, as do some urgent care places. Neither of mine did, but I was directed to Quick MD online. A quick phone call (for each person) and $75/pp later and I had our letters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!