Recipe Help

disneyfanatic60

DIS Veteran
I need some help coming up with what might be a similiar recipe for something. We eat at a very upscale restaurant (5-star) in our area. It's our favorite restaurant. They for many years served a free dish (before the salads, etc.) which I absolutely love especially in the summer because it's very light and refreshing.

I know the ingredients (somewhat) but I have never been able to get my hands on the recipe. I know many of the workers there but feel somewhat awkward asking for it. I would love to be able to make this myself.

It has:

tomatoes (a nice sized chunk); garlic, olive oil, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans---that's it. I know there has to be other seasoning, etc. but that's what I can't come up with. I would say there has to be some cut up celantro in it as well. It's just these few ingredients. There is quite a bit of liquid in the serving dish it's served in.

Can anyone help me out with any suggestions or ideas as to what other things might be in this or have a similiar recipe? I'm not one for trying things until I get it right. This makes such a light side for the summer. It's served ice cold nothing else with it. I think it would make an amazing lunch idea or something for a light dinner on those really hot nights.

I'm know I'm stretching it, but who knows, someone might have an idea or two!

Well, this isn't it...but this is fabulous! You may like it and you may be able to change it to closer what you are looking for. When I made this I used one can of Ranch beans, rinsed and jalepenos discarded, and one can of black beans. I used two avocados and yellow pepper instead of red, just because that is all that I could locate here. The 2nd time I made it I didn't rinse the beans well enough, rinse them well or its gooky. Try it with the garbonzos and kidney beans! Good luck. Oh, I got this from allrecipes.com
Katy :sunny:

Black Bean And Corn Salad II
Submitted by: Jen
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 329 members Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings

"A tasty lime dressing, with cayenne and garlic added for kick, make this salad a bit different from the one above. Avocado too. And this salad doesn't need to sit in the frig, it can be served to four hungry people immediately."
INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and
drained 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake

until ingredients are well mixed.
2. In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.

This recipe appears in our "Allrecipes cookbook". Buy it online at http://allrecipes.com/arcookbook/
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2005 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 5/31/2006

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter