Reception at WDW.......

Happy Hannah

Earning My Ears
Apologies for being relatively inexperienced traveller to WDW :) but as a non driver if I need to arrange cabs / taxis can I ask the reception staff to arrange this for us? Or is it easy enough to use a pay phone to contact them? We are from the UK so it's new to us......!!!
Many thanks! :-)

Apologies for being relatively inexperienced traveller to WDW :) but as a non driver if I need to arrange cabs / taxis can I ask the reception staff to arrange this for us? Or is it easy enough to use a pay phone to contact them? We are from the UK so it's new to us......!!!

Welcome ! Easy enough, just go down to bell services or valet parking outside the lobby and ask them to call for a cab/ taxi. The taxis are usually outside waiting or nearby. I am basing this on my stays at the deluxe's resorts so it might be different for the others. But I am sure it is the same for all !! Have a great trip !!

Welcome ! Easy enough, just go down to bell services or valet parking outside the lobby and ask them to call for a cab/ taxi. The taxis are usually outside waiting or nearby. I am basing this on my stays at the deluxe's resorts so it might be different for the others. But I am sure it is the same for all !! Have a great trip !!

This is correct at all resorts. Simply go outside and ask valet or bell services to call a cab for you - should take 5 minutes, tops! We've done this at BC, BWI, AoA, Dolphin and POR.

As the others said, yep, they'll get you cabs! We stayed at Pop 15 months ago and went out to grab a cab to go to IoA. Took maybe three to five minutes to get there.

But you may not need a taxi anyways. If you're traveling inside WDW, they have the monorail, buses, and boats, depending upon where you're staying and where you're going.

Don't forget if you are trying in a disney resort you have the option of using their transportation to all of the WDW parks & downtown disney. But you can only travel from a park to a resort by bus, the buses do not travel from resort to resort.

Certain resorts offer other means of travel too. Poly, contemporary & GF offer monorail service.

Some others offer boat service to the parks-too certain resorts-too Downtown disney.

Good luck researching.
Welcome !!!

One of the nicest things about staying in a WDW resort is that they provide free transportation to and from the airport as well as everywhere inside WDW. Most of the transportation will be by bus, but as others have said, there are boats and monorails for some locations. We have never taken a taxi when staying at WDW since there is always a way to get where we want to go using the free transportation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

One of the nicest things about staying in a WDW resort is that they provide free transportation to and from the airport as well as everywhere inside WDW. Most of the transportation will be by bus, but as others have said, there are boats and monorails for some locations. We have never taken a taxi when staying at WDW since there is always a way to get where we want to go using the free transportation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, the free transportation is great, and there is always a way to get where you want to go using it, but that transportation is geared to get people to the parks and DD, not resort to resort. I like using taxi's to get from resort to resort to save time (and aggravation). A taxi ride is usually 10-15 minutes anywhere vs 30-90 minutes using free transportation depending on what you're trying to do. Well worth the cost IMHO.

Thanks to all for the replies, all helps to reassure us for the forthcoming trip! Was thinking of taxis for Universal and Seaworld really the travel agent has said that taxis can be arranged via themselves ( think they use Mears) but from what I can understand we have to ring the company to arrange a collection.......if reception can do that for us that would be a great relief :-) once again thanks to all for the help, we are getting excited now!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter