Recent prices

z28wiz said:
Don't sweat your post, just trying to figure out your posts. They go from one end of the spectrum to the other daily.

There you go again. Lol

I haven't read through this whole thread but wanted to comment. I think the price range is on point.

In 2011 I bought 2 small BWV contracts, 52 pts each. Paid $78 plus closing, plus MFs.

I recently sold one of them for $76, buyer paid closing, no currently year points.

We listed it on a Friday afternoon, got 2 offers w/in 24 hours and the contract was signed w/in 2 days.

For the smaller contracts, the price is kinda "is what it is." I sold it to add on at VWL, but haven't seen any 50-pters for my UY in over a year.

Hi DBS - When DVC increased prices by $15 in March, how do you take that into account on future resale point prices? Wouldn't that be permanently reflected in the resale prices somehow? Maybe at $7 more per pt, and it would need to be figured in from now on? Just wondering. Seems it needs to be in the calculations somehow. And when was the last time DVC raised prices? Is it often? And how did it affect the price points in the long run when prices went up?

You may see the prices go up a small amount more BEFORE going back down - lets face it the life of the older contracts get less and less while maintenance fees keep going up! It is all supply in demand once Disney stops ROFR contracts this upward trend will slide back. Lets face it the prices have gone up since end of Feb when Disney started ROFR contracts and people were fearing resale changes. Once this passes so shall the price increases.

arachnib said:
Hi DBS - When DVC increased prices by $15 in March, how do you take that into account on future resale point prices? Wouldn't that be permanently reflected in the resale prices somehow? Maybe at $7 more per pt, and it would need to be figured in from now on? Just wondering. Seems it needs to be in the calculations somehow. And when was the last time DVC raised prices? Is it often? And how did it affect the price points in the long run when prices went up?

You.don't. Resale prices are only up because for a week or two Disney excercised rofr.

theguda said:
Then how would you explain resale prices being higher in 2007 than they were in 2004? The recent price increase isn't the only time it's happened.

If you look at the resale price history the cost per point people are paying now is LESS than it was in 2006-2007. Yes, the shorter years remaining is part of the reason but the historical numbers show the prices being paid now are not overly inflated.

It wouldn't surprise me to see resale prices spike again once DVC at GF becomes official. That's going generate a lot of interest in DVC and when people find out how much buying GF direct will cost...a lot will look for other alternatives in the resale market. More demand....higher prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter