Recent prices

That number seems to be a moving target. But recent reports have them at around $150. Anyone close recently on a direct contract that is willing to share what they paid in closing costs?

thats better than the 430 to 900 the resales are asking for closing, that really jacks up the price per point when you factor in 430 for closing plus mf, especially on those small contracts.

The more I see price history for resales, the more apparent it seems that the low prices paid over the last year or so are the exception and not the rule. Look at the ROFR list on page 1 from 2006. The prices today are still below those levels. It seems we are still in an environment where the prices today reflect a discount compared to historical prices. Now is still a good time to buy DVC (if you're inclined to buy instead of rent).

My point has been when your adding on to contracts 25 to 50 points in my view in order to get something 100% you want direct is an option if you were on the wait list. I have been on the bwv one since feb while looking for an add on resale but my use year is sept so I want a chance at 2012 points. Something is going on here with small contracts or have they always been hot?

thats better than the 430 to 900 the resales are asking for closing, that really jacks up the price per point when you factor in 430 for closing plus mf, especially on those small contracts.

I paid 100 for 30 points vwl in feb

yes i paid 3160 dollars for 30 points at VWL at 102 a point.

Yup. I called in Dec to inquire about buying 30 direct HH points and was told CC would be @$50. We passed on buying direct and tried to buy a resale and when the sellers cancelled the contract, we called Disney again and asked to buy 40-50 HH points direct. It was now January and we were told CC would be @$100 and then were told we'd have to go on wait list (we did for a week and then pulled off to buy AKV resale). Seems like the direct CC are slowly creeping upwards.

Glad smaller contracts are now sold for new buyers.... more options for adding on should these be sold later on. Until now, had to wait for those who added on to sell their small contracts. :thumbsup2

There are a lot of very optimistic sellers out there just now. Had a look at BLT on Fidelity and many were selling at close to or higher than disney :rolleyes1

There are a lot of very optimistic sellers out there just now. Had a look at BLT on Fidelity and many were selling at close to or higher than disney :rolleyes1

see, when a typical non-DISboard DVC owner hits a rough patch (loss of job/divorce/bankruptcy), they call disney and say "i can't afford this any more, do you buy it back or something?"

disney says, "no, but here is our recommended reseller, fidelity. good luck with that..."

so fidelity has more than the usual of sellers who 1) still owe too much on their original contract and 2) don't really understand the process (sometimes leaving more than the usual issues for would-be buyers).

see, when a typical non-DISboard DVC owner hits a rough patch (loss of job/divorce/bankruptcy), they call disney and say "i can't afford this any more, do you buy it back or something?"

disney says, "no, but here is our recommended reseller, fidelity. good luck with that..."

so fidelity has more than the usual of sellers who 1) still owe too much on their original contract and 2) don't really understand the process (sometimes leaving more than the usual issues for would-be buyers).

One reason that Fidelity may sell at a higher price is due to their business relationship with Disney. They pay Disney for the listing.

:earsboy: Bill

I actually think Fidelity had the best prices out of the 4 brokers I track. Not on EVERY listing...but overall they seem to have the best prices and the most inventory.

I have an offer out on a slightly packed BWV contract with Fidelity. The asking price was $65. I haven't seen a BWV contract near that price anywhere else lately.

I actually think Fidelity had the best prices out of the 4 brokers I track. Not on EVERY listing...but overall they seem to have the best prices and the most inventory.

I have an offer out on a slightly packed BWV contract with Fidelity. The asking price was $65. I haven't seen a BWV contract near that price anywhere else lately.

Thats a pretty good deal. What made you change your mind? You started a thread pretty much saying DVC wasnt worth it.

Thats a pretty good deal. What made you change your mind? You started a thread pretty much saying DVC wasnt worth it.

I'm almost convinced his account is used by two people, maybe spouses, one of whom thinks DVC is great and worth it, and the other who thinks it is a big rip-off...

Have you looked today, some of the asking prices I saw this morning were ridiculous as high as $160 per point. Not all but many were super inflated to the point where you almost might as well go direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter