Recent cruisers: what does the questionnaire ask about Covid?

BrandyMcD

Mouseketeer
Now that I am 9 days away from cruising and freaking out about every sniffle I have a question: does the embarkation health questionnaire ask if you have recently tested positive for Covid? I could see a situation where one tests positive like 8 or 9 days before a cruise but has a mild case that resolves quickly. If they tested negative on boarding day, would that be sufficient? Or would they have to declare that they recently tested positive, and likely be denied boarding?

Maybe my question isn’t really about the questionnaire and more about the rules in general, but I didn’t see this listed on the Know Before You Go.

I’m wondering about this too… assuming you are symptom-free by travel date, how large a window do you need from your positive test to your sail date? 14 days? 10 days? 5 days + mask-wear for 5?

If you had a kid with COVID + test 17 days out who tested negative 12 days out are you a close contact in the 14 day window….you never tested positive.

are you a close contact in the 14 day window….you never tested positive.
If the other person was positive within that 14-day window then you are a close contact regardless of whether you eventually test positive or not.

If you say yes to being a close contact on the questionnaire (not saying that I am) are you automatically denied boarding? If so why is is this not stated somewhere? Why go through the theatre of testing?

I believe the Flexible Refund policy that allows one to cancel within the 14-day window is in place to encourage anyone who has been exposed to cancel without penalty.

Testing is because not everyone is aware of an exposure. Usually only those with positive family/coworkers/friends *know* they’ve been exposed.

Ultimately it’s self-reported and on you to follow your conscience.

OK I’ll write what nobody dares to write but everyone is thinking. Are people being honest on these questionnaires? I mean let’s hypothetically say passenger A Had lunch with a colleague earlier that week who recently tested positive. Technically speaking you’ve had contact. Are you really going to mention this to Disney at the port?

It’s kinda like US customs and immigration. I’m pretty sure everyone who had recently been on a farm or walked across a pasture doesn’t run up to the nearest immigration officer and say sir I’ve recently taken a hike on a farm.

OK I’ll write what nobody dares to write but everyone is thinking. Are people being honest on these questionnaires? I mean let’s hypothetically say passenger A Had lunch with a colleague earlier that week who recently tested positive. Technically speaking you’ve had contact. Are you really going to mention this to Disney at the port?
People have always lied on the health questionnaire, probably more so in the past than today because now you can get your money refunded without having to go through insurance. That's why DCL instituted the flexible refund policy, to cut down on the number of people lying about their health status to get to board the ship. It undoubtedly still happens, though.

If you recently had lunch with someone who is Covid positive, you are probably going to get Covid. This strain is very contagious and that's about half an hour of unmasked close contact.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter