Really?? Is this May or is it August? The Trip of a Bunch of Trips.

I'm from VA. NHo law but to "save money" the powers that be decided to close several rest stops. Yeah, we don't get it either. The truck drivers raised a HUGE stink about it and they reopened a few of them. Guess the safety aspects of the rest stops isn't a concern. There was a campaign to get corporate sponsors to set up biz at the rest stop. If I could get BK rather than a cup of that nasty coffee or vending machine food, I'd be in hog heaven. The rest rooms would probaby be cleaner and better supplied this way as well, but nooooo we can't have that.

I'm new to the forums and am loving your report BTW. :cool1:

edit: Oh, and I believe the image is Spaceship Earth as seen in Illuminations.

Thanks for clarifying. I drive around this country a lot and have never seen so few rest areas on a major highway before. I know the best ones I have seen are on the Jersey Turnpike, but that is a toll road so they can pay for them. But, on the Thruway in Upstate NY there are some very nice rest areas and it is not a toll road. Who knows? Maybe they should sell some land to one of those truck stop companies like TA. That way, there is a stop, but they don't have to pay a thing. :confused3

As for the "what in the World," yes, it is of Spaceship Earth, but no it is no from Illuminations. ;)

Sorry your DH wasn't feeling well :sick:, I feel sooooo bad for anyone who gets sick on vacation. Happened to my DH once too. Thank goodness you thought about going to first aid ...I never would have thought about going there for tummy meds....good to know !

Great pics....I 'm lovin' that cute bunny.

I'm lovin' your trip report. Your DH and his bathroom trips remind me of my DH somewhat on our last trip. My DH was having kidney stone problems so it was a bit different. After we ate at Biergarten and he had a German beer he stopped having trouble. He swears the beer cured him, lol.

Love your trip report! The pictures are fabulous!! I can't believe we'll be there in just 5 1/2 weeks. :goodvibes

So vendors don't take Disney GCs? Are these cart type vendors or actual shops? I've been buying Disney cards for us to bring, and was going to have a small amount of cash on hand, plus a travel Visa card, but was hoping to use our GCs for most in park purchases.

Sorry your DH wasn't feeling well :sick:, I feel sooooo bad for anyone who gets sick on vacation. Happened to my DH once too. Thank goodness you thought about going to first aid ...I never would have thought about going there for tummy meds....good to know !

Great pics....I 'm lovin' that cute bunny.

Yah, those aid stations are pretty good. They can give you all kinds of over-the-counter meds and bandaids and such. Of course, if he had listened to me the day before, he would not have been in such a state. He ate a beef stick that had been opened and sitting in the car all day. I told him not to eat it, but he just would not listen. It was very, VERY hard not to say "I told you!" But I don't think I needed to state the obvious. :cool1:

I'm lovin' your trip report. Your DH and his bathroom trips remind me of my DH somewhat on our last trip. My DH was having kidney stone problems so it was a bit different. After we ate at Biergarten and he had a German beer he stopped having trouble. He swears the beer cured him, lol.

I will have to tell my not-quite-as-old-as-me, but old anyway, brother. He has been having kidney stone issues too.

Love your trip report! The pictures are fabulous!! I can't believe we'll be there in just 5 1/2 weeks. :goodvibes

So vendors don't take Disney GCs? Are these cart type vendors or actual shops? I've been buying Disney cards for us to bring, and was going to have a small amount of cash on hand, plus a travel Visa card, but was hoping to use our GCs for most in park purchases.

I am so excited for your upcoming trip! And don't worry about your cards. Mine were not Disney gift cards. They were just basic Visa gift cards. You should not have any probs with Disney gift cards anywhere in the parks.

Im loving reading your report!

Just curious, what were your dates for travel? Im thinking of a May trip for next year because I want to avoid the crowds and have nice weather, but it seems for you it was crowded this year. Were you there close to Memorial Day? Im thinking of going mid May (15th ish...) for a week.

Thanks

Im loving reading your report!

Just curious, what were your dates for travel? Im thinking of a May trip for next year because I want to avoid the crowds and have nice weather, but it seems for you it was crowded this year. Were you there close to Memorial Day? Im thinking of going mid May (15th ish...) for a week.

Thanks

We normally go the first two weeks of May and the weather is perfect (mid 80s and usually not a drop of rain) and the crowds a fairly low. But this year it was crazy ... both the weather and the crowds. We got 90-plus degrees most every day with storms nearly every evening and the crowds were at summer levels. It was nuts! We may have to pick a new time of year to go if this happens again. We are thinking maybe September. The only thing that keeps me from September is that it is hurricane season.

We normally go the first two weeks of May and the weather is perfect (mid 80s and usually not a drop of rain) and the crowds a fairly low. But this year it was crazy ... both the weather and the crowds. We got 90-plus degrees most every day with storms nearly every evening and the crowds were at summer levels. It was nuts! We may have to pick a new time of year to go if this happens again. We are thinking maybe September. The only thing that keeps me from September is that it is hurricane season.

I was there last September on a business trip (Sept 10 - 14). My "business" didnt start until the 12th, but I flew in 2 days early to have a little fun! I went through the back entrance to Epcot (next to UK and France) around 11:30am and really thought the park hadnt opened yet. I made it to Germany before seeing a person who didnt work there! I think there must have been 50 people total in Epcot that day.

On the flip side, I wasnt even 5 steps out the hotel door when I realized I was DRIPPING in sweat! My whole life Ive heard about FL summers, but never believed it was as bad as people say! 1st hand witness...yes, its that bad!

With 2 kids in college now, Id like to go in May, just when school ends and before they start their summer jobs. I looked into Spring Break but its a lot more $$$ (airfare and hotel) and the crowd calendar seemed worse in March. Now Im back to square 1 !!! But still loving reading your report!! Thanks!

What in the World is this??

IMGP7243s.jpg

Isn't the other Where in the World pic at the end of Spaceship Earth after you've decided your future??

Jane I am in....better late then....well you know! Enjoying the TR so far. Your writing makes me feel like I am there with you. When you were telling us about the woman texting and walking I was rolling with laughter. I could just picture it.

Disney needs to put up signs that say no talking or text on cell phones while walking. :lmao:

Looking forward to the next chapter. :thumbsup2

Angel16

Jane I am in....better late then....well you know! Enjoying the TR so far. Your writing makes me feel like I am there with you. When you were telling us about the woman texting and walking I was rolling with laughter. I could just picture it.

Disney needs to put up signs that say no talking or text on cell phones while walking. :lmao:

Looking forward to the next chapter. :thumbsup2

Angel16

So glad you found that as amusing as I did. :lmao: She didn't seem a bit amused, however.

:coffee: I'm here for the TR.

Happy to see you join us. Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter