Real Life game/fun: Calling for a DisBoard Gamers DisMeet....first week Oct 2013

Just bumping this up! We DVCers can be booking this a year from this November!:rotfl:

You can start booking for Oct in Nov? Where are the best places to stay on property?

I should have put the date in that post. We can book in November 2012 for a Disney Vacation Club stay in October 2013!:)

Have you been to WDW? Everyone probably has their favorite place to stay. There was mention of the Beach Club Villas. October should mean that we'll be there for the Food and Wine festival, and from the Beach club it's an easy walk to Epcot's international gateway. The Boardwalk is also convenient, and there's the Swan and Dolphin in that area as well.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We went in 06 its been a while. I am going to look at the beach club and a few others. Me and my DH were talking about when we needed to book. We went during xmas time and I loved it.

We went in 06 its been a while. I am going to look at the beach club and a few others. Me and my DH were talking about when we needed to book. We went during xmas time and I loved it.

We went during the Christmas season for the first time in 2002, and we loved it.
When we have the Dismeet, I imagine that a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party could be something we all may care to do, too!

I would love to stay at BCV because of Storm Along Bay :lmao: Plus, I highly doubt I'll ever get to stay there at rack rate.

Also, if anyone gets a villa with a full kitchen, let me know, because I so want to make us all a cake :teeth:

I would love to stay at BCV because of Storm Along Bay :lmao: Plus, I highly doubt I'll ever get to stay there at rack rate.

Also, if anyone gets a villa with a full kitchen, let me know, because I so want to make us all a cake :teeth:

I am pretty sure that I will be booking a 1 bedroom at BCV or BWV. It all depends on points available once family trips get planned. When we first bought into DVC I had plans 3-4 years out on paper. Now, I'm only working on next year.:rotfl:

:yay: My family's barely planning our 2012 trip. We've never been as a family (I've been with the parents, but that's it), so we're planning a reunion before my niece gets "too big" for the princesses :laughing:

I was talking to the rep on the phone, he said that you couldnt plan for F&W until 1 1/2 yrs out. That may not be so. But reguardless when I do if I get a pin code he said I could apply it to the booking. Once I book weather people go or not I will continue as I dont know if I could go again for a long time. So hopefully things dont change.

I dont know how people feel about the dining plan but my DH wants it. I wont begrudg the poor man since he is the only one working. I would like to stay close to epcot since he enjoys that area alot.

I will definitely be getting a 1br villa. That's the smallest I would consider at WDW. The question will be whether or not we do a split stay. For 10 nights we would use our full years allotment of points, but through banking and borrowing, I could probably book quite a few rooms at 11 mos (if most people were OK with studios.)

I also thought it might be fun to have a night where we cook dinner in the villa. I'd love to try some of Sharon's recipes she shares with us! :goodvibes: I'm not a bad cook myself :rolleyes1. And Dana has already volunteered to make a cake! :yay:

The only hitch is that the villa is limited in cookware options. It's fine for the average family making spaghetti, Hamburger Helper, tacos, etc. On my trip for Destination-D where I made Chicken & Stuffing, Meatloaf, and Spaghetti Sauce all in one night I had to use strategic pan planning! :rotfl2:

Bobbi is right, time is of the essence. Only a year and a couple months until we can start booking accommodations! :lmao:

I was talking to the rep on the phone, he said that you couldnt plan for F&W until 1 1/2 yrs out. That may not be so. But reguardless when I do if I get a pin code he said I could apply it to the booking. Once I book weather people go or not I will continue as I dont know if I could go again for a long time. So hopefully things dont change.

I dont know how people feel about the dining plan but my DH wants it. I wont begrudg the poor man since he is the only one working. I would like to stay close to epcot since he enjoys that area alot.

Will you be doing F&W at all? I know you guys aren't adventurous eaters, and if your husband is a big eater you could probably make it work for you. I'd say watch my TR when I go. I plan on eating at least one of almost everything at the F&W kiosks!

I think the cooking idea would be fun, like a pot luck supper, everyone adds something. (I could cut up a watermelon!:lmao:) I think a barbecue would be possible too. The grill is at the villa pool, by the canal, a very nice area.

:rotfl: Someone I know emailed me that because she knows I'm "crafty in the kitchen". I really wanna do that if my parents have a Labor Bay barbecue.

:rotfl: I think the bunch of us are going to wind up going to Walmart to do some grocery shopping :teeth:

Would you guys prefer chocolate or white chocolate? I have two cake recipes I think everyone would like :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter