Reading challenge 2021

I'm new to the Reading Challenge, but reading is my life blood.
I will shoot for 50 for 2021.
I am so excited to participate this year instead of just following posts looking for good books!
Thanks you for doing this!

Welcome

Will you be tracking how many we have read against our goal?

And do you prefer updates in a new post, or editing our original post? What will make it easier for you to track?

I love to read but tend to do most of my reading when I have breaks from teaching, which is January and then mid-May to August. I plan to start off with the new Ruth Ware book, One by One, and then have 4 library books to read before the semester starts. One is non-fiction and the others are fiction. Looking for some recommendations. (Still waiting for the next Outlander book and not holding by breath that Martin will drop Winds of Winter in 2021).

Ooh, that time of the year when I try to figure out what's a reasonable goal or not. I think I'll aim for 30 next year.

I will aim for 30. I use to be a huge reader and hardly read this year. I recently dropped down to part time at work so hopefully will get back into reading. Also have to work on less Netflix. 😂

Hello fellow readers! Put me down for 25 books, same as last year. I've only read 18 but going to pick up another book from the library today. I was really hoping I'd meet my goal this year(especially considering the pandemic) but had a hard time focusing enough to sit down and read.

I look forward to participating in the reading challenge again in 2021!

I will set a goal of 30 books again for 2021.

I would like to participate this year. I will go for 24 books this year. I was just recalled to school but I have a 3 hour break in the day that I will use for planning but 3 hours is a long time so I am hoping to get in a little reading everyday.

I'll aim for 25 this year.

I aimed for 20 last year and hit 29, and had another 3 in the hopper I could have finished but had to return to avoid being late. I'm a slower, admittedly distracted reader. Say squirrel, and I look. :) or I'll randomly start wondering something off topic in the middle of reading. My oldest and youngest have ADHD, maybe I do. But, anyway, I do love books.

I don't want to be in on a challenge -- I'd never keep a list -- but I do like to talk books. You just can't count on me to do it on a schedule. I'm sure I topped 100 books last year, but I'm an English teacher and I have adult children, so it's pretty easy for me to rack up some high numbers. For example, this year I read /wrote lessons for about five 100-110 page super simple sports-related novels that I read in about an hour and would never read on my own.

I just started the Gentlemen Bastards series, and I'm loving it. It's about a group of thieves /con men.

I am hoping that the following books will be released in 2021 -- I've waited long enough:
Go Tell the Bees I Am Gone -- next installment in the Outlander series
Doors of Stone -- third book in the Kingkiller Chronicles series
Winds of Winter -- next Song of Fire and Ice novel, usually called Game of Thrones
I’m in. I’m going to shoot for 75. Hit 73 this year, but I’ve discovered Ken Follett so........
I LOVE Ken Follett. I'm not much of a mystery girl, but his Pillars of the Earth series is one of the best things I've ever read in my life. I have one waiting on my Kindle, and it's probably next on my reading list.

I don't want to be in on a challenge -- I'd never keep a list -- but I do like to talk books. You just can't count on me to do it on a schedule. I'm sure I topped 100 books last year, but I'm an English teacher and I have adult children, so it's pretty easy for me to rack up some high numbers. For example, this year I read /wrote lessons for about five 100-110 page super simple sports-related novels that I read in about an hour and would never read on my own.

I just started the Gentlemen Bastards series, and I'm loving it. It's about a group of thieves /con men.

I am hoping that the following books will be released in 2021 -- I've waited long enough:
Go Tell the Bees I Am Gone -- next installment in the Outlander series
Doors of Stone -- third book in the Kingkiller Chronicles series
Winds of Winter -- next Song of Fire and Ice novel, usually called Game of Thrones
I LOVE Ken Follett. I'm not much of a mystery girl, but his Pillars of the Earth series is one of the best things I've ever read in my life. I have one waiting on my Kindle, and it's probably next on my reading list.

Welcome

I've fallen short of my goal the last two years, so I'm going to give it a shot again and hope the third time is the charm (and that maybe I'll get sucked into fewer really long books this year!). So put me down for 156.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter