READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a newbie here that tried to practice for the first time today! Our trip is in 8 days so I'm trying to make sure I have this down to a science.

Right at 7:00, I clicked the AT-Ts join.

I then clicked the second join I believe on the bottom right of the "Attractions" subset.

Finally I had myself and the other 6 members of my party and it looked like I would have to click on each one individually which would be a no bueno for getting a boarding pass.

My questions are:

1. Would I have gotten a pass??? It looks like I completed the process but obviously didn't have a ticket so it told me I don't have a reservation.

2. Is there a way to "pre-click" the members of my party or should I split it with my brother in law and hope we both get similar passes??

Thanks for the help! I've tried to find the answers but this thread is pretty HUUUUGGGEEE!!!!

The morning of your park reservation all of your party members will be selected.

Also a newbie here that tried to practice for the first time today! Our trip is in 8 days so I'm trying to make sure I have this down to a science.

Right at 7:00, I clicked the AT-Ts join.

I then clicked the second join I believe on the bottom right of the "Attractions" subset.

Finally I had myself and the other 6 members of my party and it looked like I would have to click on each one individually which would be a no bueno for getting a boarding pass.

My questions are:

1. Would I have gotten a pass??? It looks like I completed the process but obviously didn't have a ticket so it told me I don't have a reservation.

2. Is there a way to "pre-click" the members of my party or should I split it with my brother in law and hope we both get similar passes??

Thanks for the help! I've tried to find the answers but this thread is pretty HUUUUGGGEEE!!!!
The day of, all the members of your party with a park pass will be selected. DO NOT STOP TO CHECK OR UNCHECK anyone - if you do, you wont' get a BG!! If you go the message that you don't have a ticket, that is a successful practice.

The morning of your park reservation all of your party members will be selected.

Thank you so much! I'm just curious if I got to this screen and hit the button and got the "No reservation for this day," Does that mean I would have gotten the boarding pass or is there no way of knowing without having the reservation the day of??

Thanks for the answers and humoring me. Appreciate it!!

Thank you so much! I'm just curious if I got to this screen and hit the button and got the "No reservation for this day," Does that mean I would have gotten the boarding pass or is there no way of knowing without having the reservation the day of??

Thanks for the answers and humoring me. Appreciate it!!
If you were too slow, you would get a red box saying the boarding groups are full.

If you were too slow, you would get a red box saying the boarding groups are full.
we tried from 12:50 until 2PM to get on that app and never had any openings. later in the day we were told by a cast member, that right now, and most likely until end of summer, if you're not lucky enough to get in a group in the morning group, you more than likely will not get one as they fill up for the day by 2 min. after it opens. also if you want your kid to get to ride slinky dog without over an hr wait, get there at park opening and quickly go right to the ride. the ride is packed as is TOT, and the other coaster all day. for me, I think I'll pass until Oct. yank my kid out of school for a couple days and watch crowd calendar. and then wait until Jan. with covid, people are really jonesing for a Disney fix.

we tried from 12:50 until 2PM to get on that app and never had any openings. later in the day we were told by a cast member, that right now, and most likely until end of summer, if you're not lucky enough to get in a group in the morning group, you more than likely will not get one as they fill up for the day by 2 min. after it opens. also if you want your kid to get to ride slinky dog without over an hr wait, get there at park opening and quickly go right to the ride. the ride is packed as is TOT, and the other coaster all day. for me, I think I'll pass until Oct. yank my kid out of school for a couple days and watch crowd calendar. and then wait until Jan. with covid, people are really jonesing for a Disney fix.

The afternoon slot is only available at exactly 1 and it’s gone in seconds. After that there was no need to try.

Ok, so I just completed my first official practice from home. I just kept clicking through and made it to the screen that I didn’t have the right ticket so I had to be removed. I believe I got this message since I do not have a Hs reservation. Would I have gotten a boarding pass if I did? Secondly I have many friends and family on my list. When I practice it only selected me. When I go with my friend we both should be selected and if we are not keep going anyway and then get help right?

Ok, so I just completed my first official practice from home. I just kept clicking through and made it to the screen that I didn’t have the right ticket so I had to be removed. I believe I got this message since I do not have a Hs reservation. Would I have gotten a boarding pass if I did? Secondly I have many friends and family on my list. When I practice it only selected me. When I go with my friend we both should be selected and if we are not keep going anyway and then get help right?
Right - you would have gotten a BG today, and when you go with your friend, do exactly what you did today - don’t even pause to see whether your friend is selected - and if you get a BG and friend doesn’t, go to a Guest Experience CM in a blue shirt.

Right - you would have gotten a BG today, and when you go with your friend, do exactly what you did today - don’t even pause to see whether your friend is selected - and if you get a BG and friend doesn’t, go to a Guest Experience CM in a blue shirt.
Excellent! Thank you! I’ll keep practicing 😃

Hi there--just got back from a lovely trip, and this thread was a big help when planning, so I figured I'd share our experience.

We tried for a BG the morning of 5/23 (I believe HS had increased capacity by this point, compared to earlier in the month). We were saying at Riviera, and for some reason our room location had horrendous cell reception, so we went down to the central courtyard area at 6:45 am to do it there (was around three bars instead of one).

The plan was for my husband to try wifi while I used data, but apparently he forgot to click through to confirm connection to Disney's wifi... so it turns out we both were just using cell data. We made sure all other apps were closed, bluetooth was off (and in my case wifi was totally off as well), and we restarted and re-logged into MDE (both phones on my account) about 30 minutes in advance.

We used the "refresh-join-join" method, where we started by clicking through from the home screen (the AT-AT pic) in advance and then just refreshing that page periodically by pulling down on the screen. We didn't have an external countdown clock, but we checked our phone clocks in advance and they were within a second or so of time.gov's clock. Then after 6:59, I just did a rough verbal countdown so we knew approximately when the time was going to roll over to 7:00. My strategy was more of a "wait until the clock hits 7:00 and then immediately refresh" while my husband just started constantly refreshing when there was 20 or so seconds to go.

So, the results... I honestly don't know if my own strategy would have worked, because when 7:00 rolled around, I refreshed, hit the "join" button, and started freaking out because I didn't see our friends and family list or another join button... just an "error" screen! Turns out the "error" was that I was already in a BG because my husband had gotten through first, lol. He told me he had just constantly refreshed starting prior to 7:00, and as soon as he saw the "join" button he clicked through everything else ASAP. He must have had perfect luck with his refresh timing, because we were literally in BG #1. 😮 I was so stunned I took a screenshot. Needless to say, we were both elated, because we honestly didn't expect to have much of a chance for a BG (especially on our first try).

Anyway, the ride was great, and as far as I can tell it seemed like all of the noticeable effects and such were working.

Looking for suggestions here. Thanks in advance.
I was here in Orlando last winter. After they switched to the 7am I never had any trouble getting a BG for myself or friends. (I once got from a taxi and once from the Skyliner.) After having been gone for 2 months I am back. Same iPhone, same house wireless. I have tried 2 mornings in a row and it now takes several seconds for the second JOIN to appear. I keep seeing that circle while it is trying to populate my list. The only difference is now I have 18 people on my list as I have a large group coming next week. I thought the number in the party did not matter. I remember back in November someone got 24. Do I need to split up? Take my niece and her family off? That will make planning more difficult. Thanks for any thoughts.

Ok, back in March 2020 just before shut down, I was able to get a ROTR boarding group. I know I went completely out of the MDE app and back on about 8:59 using my data (it was 9am inside the parks at the time), then went right to the "join" button at 9, and got group 38. My phone refreshes slowly, so is it ok for me to have my MDE app open before 7 and hit join right at 7, or do I still need to have the app closed out and reopen MDE about 6:59? If this has been asked before, apologies, I did use search this thread, and didn't want to read through 900+ pages-TIA

Ok, back in March 2020 just before shut down, I was able to get a ROTR boarding group. I know I went completely out of the MDE app and back on about 8:59 using my data (it was 9am inside the parks at the time), then went right to the "join" button at 9, and got group 38. My phone refreshes slowly, so is it ok for me to have my MDE app open before 7 and hit join right at 7, or do I still need to have the app closed out and reopen MDE about 6:59? If this has been asked before, apologies, I did use search this thread, and didn't want to read through 900+ pages-TIA
We have always opened our MDE apps long before the hour and then tapped the Join button as close to “the time” as possible. We’ve never refreshed. We or our family members whom we have taught have been successful every time we’ve tried (5 or 6 times, maybe more, not sure).

After the parks reopened, they updated the app and how it worked as far as getting a boarding group. Now, it's better to open the app ahead of time and even click into the join boarding group screen a couple times so the page caches on your phone. This should also hopefully help with the slower loading time too.

Just to add to the great comments from @GBRforWDW it also takes valuable seconds to sign in to your MDE account so please don't wait until the last seconds to start the process as you are sending / receiving addtional data and adding even more load to the MDE servers. Also you really don't need to close all your other apps.

The app has been updated to automatically attempt to sign in if you have your ID / Password store in the MDE app.

Next thing up someone will tell you that you are holding your smartphone wrong.

Dave

Should everyone in the party make the attempt from their own accounts or everyone try from one persons account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter