READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His meeting is at 12:30. So, we can enter the park and then come back after his meeting and still attempt to get a boarding group? I will probably stay in the park myself, though. But my husband will be allowed to re-enter once he leaves?
Yes, he can re-enter the park.

the shut down the app and reopen at 10 seconds til and waited til 1 second after to click Join.

Our first time attempting to ride Rise of the Resistance will be this Sept.
Is this a strategy known to improve your chances? I'm sorry but I didn't read the entire thread bc I figured a lot of the info may have only applied to pre-park-closure era and I might end up confusing myself.

His meeting is at 12:30. So, we can enter the park and then come back after his meeting and still attempt to get a boarding group? I will probably stay in the park myself, though. But my husband will be allowed to re-enter once he leaves?
Yes he can enter, leave and return. While he is out you can still try for a BG at 1 PM while he is not in the park.

Reminder: this only day 3 of the new BG / VQ process but it does seem that the 10 AM window would have the most groups available.

Dave

Data point: Yesterday we got Back-up boarding group 64 at the 4pm drop. There was no indication of when or if it might be called until 5:05 when we were told 'It's time--show up between now and 6:05'. Kinda stressful as we were in line for RnR at the time, but we made it out by 5:35 and across the park in plenty of time.

Is this a strategy known to improve your chances? I'm sorry but I didn't read the entire thread bc I figured a lot of the info may have only applied to pre-park-closure era and I might end up confusing myself.
This was definitely known to improve chances before the shutdown and changes to the virtual queue. When I tested this morning, I clicked join a couple minutes before 10am, then pulled down the page to refresh. On my second refresh after 10am, the button to continue was there. I don't know which was faster, and which is better in the park, but it did seem, at least this time, quicker when refreshing.

With the previous version, it was known to take sometimes multiple refresh tries for some people before they were able to continue.

Do some testing from home at the times the BG drops are happening and see which you feel more comfortable with before your trip and do that when you're in the park.

No not really as there is no need to shutdown the app.

First make sure that you stand in a location with a good Wi-Fi signal or cellular signal (test with another app) and don't move while trying to "Join". Then start trying to join at the 59 minute mark just before 10, 1, and 4 and keep refreshing the app as described below.

You can do it from the "Home" screen or from the VQ screen. Just click the "Check Status" link from the Home screen and use the "Join Virtual Queue" button. To retry just hit the back button " < " in the top left of the "My Queues" screen and press the button again over and over again until it asks for your "Party" information to select the members of your party to attempt to add to a BG.

Dave

Exactly. He just needs to have tapped in at entry that day. You do NOT tap out when you leave, so for all they know he's still in the parks.

No not really as there is no need to shutdown the app.

First make sure that you stand in a location with a good Wi-Fi signal or cellular signal (test with another app) and don't move while trying to "Join". Then start trying to join at the 59 minute mark just before 10, 1, and 4 and keep refreshing the app as described below.

You can do it from the "Home" screen or from the VQ screen. Just click the "Check Status" link from the Home screen and use the "Join Virtual Queue" button. To retry just hit the back button " < " in the top left of the "My Queues" screen and press the button again over and over again until it asks for your "Party" information to select the members of your party to attempt to add to a BG.

Dave
Wait, so the best strategy now is to "refresh"? Before the parks closed, the best strategy was to wait 3 seconds after the hour and click Join. If you did it too early, often you had to close everything completely. That has changed?

Data point: Yesterday we got Back-up boarding group 64 at the 4pm drop. There was no indication of when or if it might be called until 5:05 when we were told 'It's time--show up between now and 6:05'. Kinda stressful as we were in line for RnR at the time, but we made it out by 5:35 and across the park in plenty of time.

This kind of reinforces my thought that around 40 groups were probably in the 10AM drop, around 20 in the 1PM and another 20, labeled as backup groups in the 4PM drop.

Yesterday was probably an indicator of a very good day, about 8-9 groups per hour. Since it appears group 83 was the last called around 7PM, they probably could have gone up to 90 groups if they handed them out. But based on the prior day only getting to 60 they probably played it safe with how many they gave out.

Wait, so the best strategy now is to "refresh"? Before the parks closed, the best strategy was to wait 3 seconds after the hour and click Join. If you did it too early, often you had to close everything completely. That has changed?
You should never "Force quit" the app unless it is just hung or you lose Wi-Fi or cellular connection. It just puts even more load on the Disney servers. The key is timing and speed of trying / retrying the buttons.

Dave

I think we should spend more time testing this. I didn't have issues with the refresh this morning as it allowed me to enter on the second refresh, but with the wait to join method I did yesterday, it worked right away.

Yes, he can re-enter the park.

Well, he got to stay in the park with me, we kept selecting “join” starting at 12:59. At first it showed that “all boarding groups are filled for 10am, please check back at 1 pm” and then it immediately refreshed to, “all boarding groups are filled for 1pm”. So I’m wondering if it’s even worth it to try for 4 😒

Well, he got to stay in the park with me, we kept selecting “join” starting at 12:59. At first it showed that “all boarding groups are filled for 10am, please check back at 1 pm” and then it immediately refreshed to, “all boarding groups are filled for 1pm”. So I’m wondering if it’s even worth it to try for 4 😒
There are limited people in the park and each person can only successfully join a BG once a day. If 1 pm and 4 pm give out the same number of spots, your chances of getting one should be higher at 4 pm logically. Try to open the App and start refreshing at 10 seconds before 4 pm. Pixie dust!

There are limited people in the park and each person can only successfully join a BG once a day. If 1 pm and 4 pm give out the same number of spots, your chances of getting one should be higher at 4 pm logically. Try to open the App and start refreshing at 10 seconds before 4 pm. Pixie dust!
1pm and 4pm do not give out same number of spots, it depends on how well the attraction is operating

I"ve been practicing at home. What worked for me to get to the select your party page was to keep it on the home page of MDE and as soon as it hit 10am or 1pm count to 3 then click join on the star wars square. When I was trying to just refresh it never let me pick my group.

I"ve been practicing at home. What worked for me to get to the select your party page was to keep it on the home page of MDE and as soon as it hit 10am or 1pm count to 3 then click join on the star wars square. When I was trying to just refresh it never let me pick my group.

That is what we were hitting. We would hit it and then back out and hit it again. That’s what we kept doing. We could only use my husband’s phone, though. Unfortunately that option is not showing up on my MDE home screen and I can’t figure out how to fix that. I’ve logged out and back in and I’ve turned my phone off and back on. It’s still not on my home screen on my app.

Unfortunately that option is not showing up on my MDE home screen and I can’t figure out how to fix that. I’ve logged out and back in and I’ve turned my phone off and back on. It’s still not on my home screen on my app.
You don't need to use the "Join" button on the Home screen. You can use the "More" screen, just push the icon on the lower right of the Home screen with 3 horizontal lines. There should be a "Virtual Queues" button (buttons on this screen tend to move around) next screen. Just push it and it will take you the the "My Queues" screen.

You should have a very wide Join Virtual Queue button to press. Try it and it will take you to a list of Attractions and on that screen it will list the of the Boarding Group distributions. Right now it will show that 1 PM distributions are complete.

Now just push the back button on the top left a blue " < ". Let us know if you can see it, if not then you don't have the latest version of MDE.

Dave

I just gotta say... This is insane! I am all for getting up at 5am (central) to do adrs and all the other stuff that goes with a Disney trip, but this may just put me over the edge. Why must they make it so hard?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter