READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our family has been planning to tap in at HS first thing in the am, turn around and head right back out to MK to try and rope drop FOP.

I'd love to confirm if this is possible. Any thoughts?
I'm thinking of doing this on my second day which for now i have slated as a HS morning/ EP afternoon (with EP FP). With the HS rope drop insanity i may try to get a FOP rope drop. We have a car so it will be easier. We'd have to wait until 8am to tap into AK (don't know when they have been letting people in). I only have one AK day planned, and right now two half day HS and a full day. Playing it by ear for now i guess (april 15)

The only hurdle here is what BG we might get and when we have to be back. If we get a low number then that scraps rope dropping a 9am park.

Last edited:
Our family has been planning to tap in at HS first thing in the am, turn around and head right back out to MK to try and rope drop FOP.

Tentatively, we’re planning on tapping in, then going back out the gates to head to another park, but not actually leaving until we get our BG. That way we’ll be able to go back in if we have issues or if we luck out with a really low number. We’re not rope dropping HS for any rides though and only interested in getting to another park at opening or as close as possible. I don’t think I’d tap in and leave the area, just our luck we’d get an early bg or more likely have an issue get could handle.

We have no interest in being at HS in those crowds other than what we have FP for and ROTR. We’re making several trips into HS though, so makes it easier to get it all done by FP.

As long as they let you scan in early enough. You need to be pretty early at AK to get on FOP within the first hour.

I'm happy for those who are having better luck today. We were there Wednesday for the whole debacle(which we obviously were totally unaware of at the time) and honestly it has really soured us on Hollywood Studios. We did end up getting in that morning right away but got 108 which obviously didn't happen. We weren't willing to chance another morning like that so we are spending our remaining park days elsewhere. Today things seem to be running much more efficiently. I'm bummed for my kids but know we'll be back at some point on a future trip. It does make me a bit sad reading about groups who have gone multiple times during a few day period. Makes the odds for the single day guests pretty low 😕
I’m so sorry. That sucks. Did they not give you a FP and one day ticket?

In case this isn't totally clear, as far as I know--and I've read or skimmed about 98% of the posts on this thread--no one at WDW has so far reported being able to (1) tap in at DHS, (2) go to another park and tap in there, and (3) get a BG for RotR. You can definitely get a BG after you tap in and then leave and there have been at least a couple of reports of people getting BGs from the parking lot of another park, from their hotel room, etc. And of course someone with your MDE logon can try to get you and your party (all tapped in at DHS) a BG from literally anywhere (well, maybe not the ISS!). I mean, people in Chile have gotten BGs for friends in the park at DHS.

But all that is way different from being tapped into another park after leaving DHS. Yes, people at DLR seem to be able to do this, but the situation there is very different with DLR and DCA being so close to each other.

You are perfectly welcome to try this out and see if it works, but be sure to report back as many other people would love to know if it would. Meanwhile, if you want an RotR BG, stay in DHS and try for your BG there. If nothing else, if there's a problem, like someone in your party not showing up as being in the park--a very common problem--you can immediately go to a GET CM and get it remedied. If you're not in the park, you can't do a darn thing about it.

Our family has been planning to tap in at HS first thing in the am, turn around and head right back out to [AK] to try and rope drop FOP.

I did this with my friend yesterday, lol.

Walk into Hollywood (got into gates at around 6:40), turn around right to the exit, drive and park at AK, we were OUT of flight of passage at 8AM. They opened it early for us. As we walked in, we both looked and managed to get 40 (I looked exactly 5 seconds after 7).

It worked amazingly. If you’ve done DHS already on your trip, definitely swing in and out if you don’t mind getting up earlier.

I remembered that one person had reported doing this and went back and found the original post about it. That said, that was back in early January, so there's no knowing whether or not there have been any changes since then. I'd also be worried about being in the middle of an FoP flight right at 8 and unable to access the phone, since they typically open FoP early.

I remembered that one person had reported doing this and went back and found the original post about it. That said, that was back in early January, so there's no knowing whether or not there have been any changes since then. I'd also be worried about being in the middle of an FoP flight right at 8 and unable to access the phone, since they typically open FoP early.
that particular poster did it when DHS opened at 7am, so she grabbed a bg at 7am and then went to AK and was able to ride FoP at 8. The issue now is that we don't know if tapping into another park before 8am would cancel the tap at DHS. That's a big risk to take, imo

you can always practice Disneyland time, just download the app for DL and it's the same process (if it's a time issue)
Great suggestion!

More days than not, I end up being unable to practice at 8am EST (of course, the other day when they actually gave BGs to people practicing was one of the times I wasn't practicing!).

Practicing 3 hours later when Disneyland opens, I'm more likely to be able to practice every day. That said, I feel like I've practiced enough at this point that I'm thoroughly familiar with what to click and when. I might just do some refresher practice right before our trip.

that particular poster did it when DHS opened at 7am, so she grabbed a bg at 7am and then went to AK and was able to ride FoP at 8. The issue now is that we don't know if tapping into another park before 8am would cancel the tap at DHS. That's a big risk to take, imo
What time are they allowing people into ak though? It's a 9 am opening and most bloggers are saying they tap you in well after 8.

We attempted to ride ROTR on 2/25. Everything started out really well and went perfectly according to plan at first. We arrived at the park at 6:30am. We stayed to the right at the turnstile and waited. At 7:00 they let everyone through. We speed walked to Toy Story Land and were towards the front of the group of people waiting there in front of SDD. At 7:45 I closed down my app and reopened it to the home screen. Me, my husband, my daughter, and another daughter back at home were all trying for a boarding group. I turned off wifi, but everyone else in my group left wifi on. My husband counted down the seconds. About 1 second after 8:00 I hit Find out More. The join boarding group button was red! I hit that and some message popped up. I had no time to read the message so I just hit Ok and then was able to quickly select everyone in our group and hit join. I got boarding group 8! I was so excited. My husband and daughters all got error messages saying Something Went Wrong, since I had already gotten a group. After that we rode SDD with a 20 minute wait, then rode TSM at 8:30 with a fast pass, and then AS2 at 9:00 with a fast pass, and then headed over to ROTR since our group had been called. They opened the walkway from Toy Story Land to Galaxy’s Edge right at 9:00, which was great. So as soon as we got off AS2 we could walk right over. We had trouble finding ROTR and had to ask 2 cast members for directions. We got to ROTR around 9:20 which was within our boarding group window. The ride was down! They told us we could come back anytime later that day and ride. So we left and rode RNRC and ate lunch. We returned to the ride a little after 12:00. It was up and running! Hurray! We made it most of the way through the queue, and then it broke down again. Everyone was evacuated out and given recovery fast passes. We were so disappointed and frustrated. We sat around outside the ride waiting for it to reopen. It was now 1:00. We asked when the ride would be back up and running and the cast members didn’t know. We had bought a one day park hopper ticket so we only had one day, and we had fast passes coming up at Animal Kingdom at 2:30, and we had plans at Magic Kingdom after that. We explained this to a guest relations person who was standing outside the ride, and asked if there was anyway we could return tomorrow morning to ride. She had us fill out a form and told us to go to guest relations the next morning. So the next morning we returned to Hollywood Studios and went to the guest relations booth. We explained our situation from the day before, and they did transfer our recovery fast passes and gave us complimentary tickets to enter. The ride was up and running, we went through the recovery fast pass line, and we finally got to ride it! So, despite a stressful and frustrating situation the day before, everyone was happy in the end.

We arrived at the park at 6:30am. We stayed to the right at the turnstile and waited. At 7:00 they let everyone through. We speed walked to Toy Story Land and were towards the front of the group of people waiting there in front of SDD.
Are they still pre-loading the SDD queue itself, and if so were you in the queue or the mass of people looking at the queue?
Sorry this is a bit :offtopic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter