READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a word of encouragement. I travel solo and ride a scooter. Don't know which resort you are at... I was at AKL... I got to the bus stop extra early since I knew I might have to wait for another bus if there were multiple scooters. I was able to make it to the park by 6:15. Getting through the throng was a bit tricky but most people were really very considerate and helpful. Remember you just have to be in the park before the 7:00 AM opening

Being solo makes no difference as far as I can tell. Just follow the tips given here and you will be fine. I went to the table area behind Starbucks on Hollywood Blvd since it was not congested and was able to get a BG.

BTW, when I was called to the ride, I elected to park the scooter... there is an area just past where you enter near the exit to the attraction with a CM who looks after both scooters and strollers... and walk through, though you can certainly take it most of the way if you wish. The walking wasn't long and I just found it simpler. But that's your call.

Remember, head out to the bus stop extra early and plan for other scooters! :) Relax... and enjoy!
Thank you for the words of encouragement and the tips. I will be at PoP which always seems to have a lot of scooters, so I will do my best to get to the line early and hope all of the other scooter and wheelchairs do not have the same plan. I love Disney, but it would be nice if they would open the transportation like the skyliner earlier to fill the needs for HS to at least take that worry off the plate.

Today was my departure day. At 6:25 I walked from BWV and scanned into the park, staying to the right, at 6:40.
My goal was to get a low BG and ride again before I left for home.
I got 72 and decided to try the “remove guest” feature. I was able to remove myself and immediately join another BG. I did this several times getting BG90, then 94, then 102, then 112, then 114. By this time around 7:20 the backup groups started.
The BG Numbers never got smaller, only larger. Following is a screenshot of my removal message.
Wouldn't that be obvious since they are filled, first click, first filled? You can't go back in time. The first one you get is always going to be the earliest.

That's cool! I'd just hate to be the person who found out the hard way that Disney closed that loophole! :(

Sayhello

is it really a loophole though? You still need to get your entire party (that is riding) into DHS prior to opening. beyond that there is not need to be in the park to join a BG as long as they do it electronically. And by leaving you are giving up your ability to try to rope drop another ride

I mean, I do think it would be best if Disney was providing correct info vs saying you cannot do that, but I think a loophole needs to be closed if giving an unfair advantage and not sure if there really is one (unless it can be proven that IT issues are significantly greater by being in the park vs out and thus unfair to those that stay)

This information is good to know!

I wonder if anyone had tried this from another park though? I imagine if you tap into HS, left, and then tapped into another park before you try for a BG, you would not be able to get a BG.

I would imagine you're correct.

Wouldn't that be obvious since they are filled, first click, first filled? You can't go back in time. The first one you get is always going to be the earliest.

people were trying to speculate that perhaps it isn't completely in order, that there might be different slots and a bit of randomizing to what BG you got placed in (particlarly for large vs small groups, etc.) .... I to me this is just a test example providing some evidence that it definitely is in order and not "random" at all

Thank you for the words of encouragement and the tips. I will be at PoP which always seems to have a lot of scooters, so I will do my best to get to the line early and hope all of the other scooter and wheelchairs do not have the same plan. I love Disney, but it would be nice if they would open the transportation like the skyliner earlier to fill the needs for HS to at least take that worry off the plate.
I guess there's no way at all you can go without a scooter, and rent in the park that day? Just so you can get on a bus quicker.
Heck, go without your scooter, take Uber, which drops you very close to the security checkpoint, much closer than the bus stops. Walk in and rent a scooter.
I know that's not a cheap way to go but sure can save a lot of time

people were trying to speculate that perhaps it isn't completely in order, that there might be different slots and a bit of randomizing to what BG you got placed in (particlarly for large vs small groups, etc.) .... I to me this is just a test example providing some evidence that it definitely is in order and not "random" at all
Guessed I missed that. I knew all along it was first click, first filled. It's totally obvious
Even if 1 group is short 1 or 2 slots, they will just leave that group smaller, and another goes over by 1 or 2. Avgs out

I would imagine you're correct.

depends how the systems work - does tapping into another park "undo" that you were tapped into DHS to start with? Or is it that is recognizes having tapped into multiple places?

Wonder if we might see this tested more now that it is open at Disneyland as people could very easily tap into Disneyland and then leave and walk over to tap into DCA prior to when BGs are open (when DCA has early morning hours or just an earlier opening than Disneyland)

That's cool! I'd just hate to be the person who found out the hard way that Disney closed that loophole! :(

Sayhello

How would they close this “loophole”?

I can tell you as a professional app developer that the problems that would arise from attempting to use the phone’s GPS to try to block folks from doing this would far outweigh any supposed benefits.

Guessed I missed that. I knew all along it was first click, first filled. It's totally obvious
Even if 1 group is short 1 or 2 slots, they will just leave that group smaller, and another goes over by 1 or 2. Avgs out

I htink people laregly knew but when you see people seem to tap in at the exact same point but getting BGS 20, 30, 40, etc. spots apart it brings it into question if there might be a bit of randomness (so one of those "I know it is more than likely X but there is a small part of me that thinks it could be Y .... and this is evidence that it really is X")

I guess there's no way at all you can go without a scooter, and rent in the park that day? Just so you can get on a bus quicker.
Heck, go without your scooter, take Uber, which drops you very close to the security checkpoint, much closer than the bus stops. Walk in and rent a scooter.
I know that's not a cheap way to go but sure can save a lot of time
Good suggestion, but unfortunately will not work for me. :-( I know you guys are going to hate me for saying this, but I wish that you could only get one boarding pass a week, then more people would get a chance during their vacation.

I htink people laregly knew but when you see people seem to tap in at the exact same point but getting BGS 20, 30, 40, etc. spots apart it brings it into question if there might be a bit of randomness (so one of those "I know it is more than likely X but there is a small part of me that thinks it could be Y .... and this is evidence that it really is X")

All of this makes perfect sense. If someone joins a group a few seconds before another person, they will obviously get an earlier BG.

Where it gets tricky is when you have 7000 people all hitting the same button within seconds. If there are 500 people who ping the server in the exact same millisecond, how does the server deliver those BG groups? Perhaps that one part is semi-random. Either way, the faster you select to join a group, the lower the BG group will be (outside of situations where the server is pinged simultaneously by more people than can fit into a single group.)

Good suggestion, but unfortunately will not work for me. :-( I know you guys are going to hate me for saying this, but I wish that you could only get one boarding pass a week, then more people would get a chance during their vacation.
That isn't an awful idea. But people want to ride more than once and I can't see Disney ever taking that option off the table totally.

One more idea, if it's remotely possible, a wheel chair for that day? It doesn't require a different seat. But, rolling oneself is not easy. Just trying ideas out

All of this makes perfect sense. If someone joins a group a few seconds before another person, they will obviously get an earlier BG.

Where it gets tricky is when you have 7000 people all hitting the same button within seconds. If there are 500 people who ping the server in the exact same millisecond, how does the server deliver those BG groups? Perhaps that one part is semi-random. Either way, the faster you select to join a group, the lower the BG group will be (outside of situations where the server is pinged simultaneously by more people than can fit into a single group.)
If you break it down far enough, there are fractions of seconds between each. Filled in order still. Imperceptible differences in time to the human eye but not a computer

First time posting and I read through many many pages, so hopefully my questions are acceptable!
1. We are not staying on property- therefore no magic bands. One day tickets were purchased via the MDE app. From what I understand, I'll need to take my confirmation email barcode to a ticket window and obtain the plastic cards. I have our 6 party members entered into my app from when I purchased the tickets and made our FP reservations, but will I need to take any additional steps to link our tickets in the app before being able to get boarding groups?
2. I've been reading that the general consensus is that a 6:30 arrival time allows you to safely be inside the park by 7am. With needing to check in at ticketing to get our plastic cards, should we allow extra time and if so any suggestions on how much? Do all members need to be present at the ticketing window to get the plastic cards or just the purchaser?
3. In instances of people that only have 1 day park passes, have there been any reports of Disney providing discounts for a return visit in cases of ride malfunctions? I know I've heard quite a bit about return recovery FPs, but I'm curious if anything is known about comps with a return visit. (Obviously this will likely be a non-issue, but I'm more just curious than anything!)
Thank you.

I know. I was just testing it since I was there and had decided not to stay.
I never expected a lower number. I just wanted to see if I could try for a higher number.
I was having fun my last morning at the park.😆

depends how the systems work - does tapping into another park "undo" that you were tapped into DHS to start with? Or is it that is recognizes having tapped into multiple places?

Wonder if we might see this tested more now that it is open at Disneyland as people could very easily tap into Disneyland and then leave and walk over to tap into DCA prior to when BGs are open (when DCA has early morning hours or just an earlier opening than Disneyland)
What loophole though?
It's not like you faked going to the park
The person did go to the park, they just didn't stay in the park. What harm is it in leaving? Who's hurt?
At the very least, when you tap into a park, the system knows you are there. If you leave the park, you do NOT tap out. You just exit. All the system know is that you are at that Park. If you tap into another park, clearly the system now knows that you are not at DHS, and therefore should not be eligible for a BG. For those who have tapped in and left before securing a BG, have the tickets been scanned anywhere else in the interim, or if using a MB, was the MB also used to unlock a resort room door? (But that may be a different functionality that does not communicate with ticketing functionality/photo/billing on the MB). Is the whole "being tapped into DHS" really just the system knowing where your MB is to confirm BG? Basically, of so, if your MB is scanned elsewhere, it knows you're not there, but if not, then it assumes you are still in DHS. Maybe? At the very least, if billing, photo, tickets, room key are all separate functions that don't inter-communicate, I would have to think that using your MB to tap into some other park would tell the system you're NOT in DHS.

At the very least, when you tap into a park, the system knows you are there. If you leave the park, you do NOT tap out. You just exit. All the system know is that you are at that Park. If you tap into another park, clearly the system now knows that you are not at DHS, and therefore should not be eligible for a BG. For those who have tapped in and left before securing a BG, have the tickets been scanned anywhere else in the interim, or if using a MB, was the MB also used to unlock a resort room door? (But that may be a different functionality that does not communicate with ticketing functionality/photo/billing on the MB). Is the whole "being tapped into DHS" really just the system knowing where your MB is to confirm BG? Basically, of so, if your MB is scanned elsewhere, it knows you're not there, but if not, then it assumes you are still in DHS. Maybe? At the very least, if billing, photo, tickets, room key are all separate functions that don't inter-communicate, I would have to think that using your MB to tap into some other park would tell the system you're NOT in DHS.

So far, it's a moot point because I'm pretty sure there hasn't been another park open before 8 since ROTR opened. Everyone is securing their BG's around 7 or just after, so they really haven't even had an opportunity to scan in elsewhere. That could all change if they keep to the 8:00 or 9:00 openings at DHS in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter