• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? re: OBO

mickeyshellbelle

Mouseketeer
Trying to figure out if I'm better off booking our 2012 Fantatsy cruise now or waiting until we are on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I ask because I can get a discount and OBC when rebooking onboard. Also, is it true that I can also get OBC from a travel agency as long as I mention them when rebooking on board? Trying to figure out my best option, thanks!

If you name your TA when rebooking on board, the TA will get full credit and will usually give you their full OBC.

If you know what you want, I would suggest that you book it now. Then, when you are on the ship, you can "reshop" the cruise. If the price has not gone up, you can rebook on board for that price and benefits. If the price has gone up, you smile knowing that you have locked in the lower price.

I would vote for rebooking onboard to get the extra OBC from DCL and name a TA for even extra OBC.

Waiting a year to book (DEC 2011) is a long way off and prices may go significantly by then. I say book now and reshop (as mentioned above) to compare which way is best for you.

MJ

I vote for booking now and reshopping onboard. A $200 OBC isn't much if the price goes up $1000!

We have a cruise booked for 2012 and I will be checking on it in March, but I made the booking opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter