• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RCL or Disney please help?!

One more thing...Disney had these Wave phones that you could use on board to call/text each other. RCCL & Princess didn't have this...

Hi there, we just cancelled our Disney trip and booked with RCL's Majesty of the seas-- any one have any good advice about this ship? We have only cruised Disney (4 times) but the kids are outgrowing it, so the value is not the same.

We have done both and as much as we loved the Disney cruise - not sure I would do it again more because for the cost we can do another cruise for longer and cheaper and have just as much fun! But Disney is awesome - they have the best kids programs (my kids have like the RCCL ones too)...

Hi there, we just cancelled our Disney trip and booked with RCL's Majesty of the seas-- any one have any good advice about this ship? We have only cruised Disney (4 times) but the kids are outgrowing it, so the value is not the same.

There are some Royal Cruisers that LOVE Majesty. I believe it is the oldest ship in the fleet, but I think it may be receiving a facelift soon. As it is the oldest ship, it may not have all the bells and whistles of newer ships. I say this because if you hate it after your cruise, don't judge all RCI cruises off this ship alone. Royal has some awesome ships, and offer a great product.

I was just thinking about this very subject. My husband and I have been on 2 RCL before we had kids and really want to go on another one. We love Disney as well and it seems like everyone we know goes on a Disney cruise but it just seems like SO much more money than a RCL cruise. What exactly are we paying more for? The Disney name? The Character experiences? The Disney shows? Because now that my kids are 9 and 11, they are completely over the characters. They don't care about that aspect at all. And is it worth it to just have everything Disney themed and see Disney type shows? Are the Disney cruises honestly any better than a RCL cruise? Granted, it's been 10 yrs since we've been on one and now the boats we went on are one of the smaller classes but we'd probably go on one of the Freedom or above classes. I'm assuming they still take amazing care of you and go above and beyond on RCL like they did before. I'm just trying to figure out when you compare the basics and take out the "Disney" aspect are they cruises really that different?

DD is 11 and wasn't that into characters on our Fantasy cruise in May :( We will prob stick to RCL cruises with a WDW add on- best of both worlds. I LOVED our Disney cruise, but DH and DD11 really loved Royal and I still really liked Royal..we've done larger ships, so still lots to do for the kids

I'm currently on Oasis of the Seas. Earlier this year we did Freedom and Enchantment. Royal does an AMAZING job with their larger ships. Both Freedom and Oasis are heads above what Disney offers (for me). They could add water slides to make it even better though, which their newest ship (Harmony) will have, and I believe they are retrofitting either Liberty or Indy also. I did not like Enchantment at all. I'd be careful about sailing on Royal's older ships because they are not anything like their newer ones. I haven't tried Voyager class but they also look pretty good. :) We don't have kids so that's not a factor in our decision. I would say that Royal's food is slightly worse but their pool area is a lot better and they offer so many activities. It's just a lot of fun.

To the OP wondering about a Southern cruise - we did one on Disnry last year. Best cruise I've been on other than Alaska. Grenada is stunning. But if you're doing five ports, to me it doesn't matter which ship you are on as there is only one sea day. That's not a ton of time you will have to experience the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter