RCI Timeshare recommendations?

HannaBelle

DIS Veteran
Anyone use an RCI timeshare in Anaheim?

Any recommendations?

My SIL and I are tentatively planning a budget trip in 2010 and will be using the family RCI timeshare exchange to book accommodations. I have been to WDW 2x in recent years, but never to DL.

I am excited to be thinking about/planning another Disney adventure!!! :cloud9:

You will only have 2 choices in Anaheim, Peacock Suites or Dolphin's Cove. I can't comment on them because I have not stayed at either. I save up my trades for use elsewhere. This may all change with the partnership between RCI and Disney Vacation Club as of Jan 1 and the completion of the DVC suites at the Grand Californian.

As for your 2 current choices from what I can tell they are similar but Peacock sells more nightly stays than Dolphin's Cove so you may get a different vibe than traditional time shares. Also, I don't see much availability for either show up very often so start looking now (unless you want to try and hold out for the Disney suites).

I think that in addition to the Peacock and Dolphin, you can now book a room at the new WorldMark property...although they are booked pretty far out. I can tell you that I would not recommend the Dolphin...they have some decent to nice rooms, but they also have some terrible ones, and the customer service is truly lousy.

I agree with pp, that you should see if the DVC will work out in your favor, or save the points for something else. I just don't think it is a good value in Anaheim. :confused3 If you have experience with the properties available to you in Orlando, I think you would be very disappointed unless you could get into the new WorldMark, which is very difficult to do.

We did the Peacock Suites and were very pleased with it. The hide a bed was pretty bad but it was the only thing that was not good about our stay. Front desk people were very friendly and helpful (we had to replace our transmission while there), they had fresh oranges along with fresh cookies in the lobby every day and a fairly comprehensive continental breakfast. They also had an activity every day, normally in the evening. I told my kids this morning I was thinking of going back to Disneyland and they wanted to know if there would be more activities at night, lol. I was really kind of worried about it but it turned out quite nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter