RCI online booking coming to DVCMember.com

I agree. And it's so much fun just to look through the options and dream!

Looking through the options was nice but the selection that was actually available to book was quite depressing. DH wanted to take next year off from Disney:eek: so I thought I would look and after looking I think we'll just bank our points.

Denise in MI

Looking through the options was nice but the selection that was actually available to book was quite depressing. DH wanted to take next year off from Disney:eek: so I thought I would look and after looking I think we'll just bank our points.

Denise in MI
Most really good exchanges with RCI are booked with an ongoing search (weeks side) or exactly at 10 months out (points side). There are exceptions but related to when certain systems deposit, the units generally aren't just sitting there for you. Occasionally you may get lucky so it's worth looking. Those of us that find things online generally do so well in advance for weeks, at 10 months out for RCI points resorts, by knowing when certain systems bulk deposit and by looking several times a day at all hours. If you're willing to travel when others generally don't, you'll have a lot more choices.

Reservations offered for w/in RCI's 45-day window are showing up at "full face value" rather than the point value of a "blue studio," as other timeshare owners typically see.
This is also the case for most of the mini-system portals, AFAIK. I know it is true for Wyndham; close-in reservations are the "normal" point values, not discounted.

This is also the case for most of the mini-system portals, AFAIK. I know it is true for Wyndham; close-in reservations are the "normal" point values, not discounted.
Wow, you poor Wyndham people! The WM>RCI portal shows any exchange reservation w/in 45-days of travel costed as a "blue studio" (4000 WM credits).

It's not a problem. I can use regular TPU for those. That's why a portfolio approach is useful: no one ownership is good for everything.

I'm not nearly as well versed as you all are with RCI and timeshare. What I can add to this discussion, however, is that points already deposited within RCI but not booked do not show up on the link. It does show our membership # and our name, but the deposited week/points are not there. Actual booking needed to be done via phone with MS.

Hopefully, DVCers are careful with using the system! I could have easily booked and assumed the points used were the points/week previously deposited. Had I done that, I'm pretty sure it would have charged against current points.

Definitely a good tool to see what is available within a particular timeframe.

I'm not nearly as well versed as you all are with RCI and timeshare. What I can add to this discussion, however, is that points already deposited within RCI but not booked do not show up on the link. It does show our membership # and our name, but the deposited week/points are not there. Actual booking needed to be done via phone with MS.

Hopefully, DVCers are careful with using the system! I could have easily booked and assumed the points used were the points/week previously deposited. Had I done that, I'm pretty sure it would have charged against current points.

Excellent warning! Thanks for letting us know that points deposited with RCI aren't seen in the current version of the RCI portal. Hopefully this will be updated in the future and made obvious?

Anyone who has a deposit with RCI through DVC really should have an ongoing search in place if at all possible. This is your best chance to get what you want.

I would think so. As far as I know, the other mini-system portals all get this right.
Bluegreen no longer allows deposit first with RCI though it's still possible to do so with II.

i tried using it today. I like the way the system is set up for searching what is availlable wish disney's was set up like this. One problem i ran into was that what was shown wasn't actually available. We wanted a 12/28-12/31 stay in williamsburg found it at the parkside and it would use up all of our bank points. went to book it, got an error message. called member service: they went to book it for us and it showed up as available but once trying to book/confirm it went to unavailable. Still lots of kinks but a nice feature to find out more about rci bookings in the future. Nice to see the options of what is available, read reviews, and see the other fees besides 95.00. some of them had occupancy tax as high as 60 something! yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter