HairyChest

DIS Veteran
What Resorts have you stayed in?
How would you rate them?

im always looking to see feedback on resorts for future trips
, im obsessed!

Resort: Polynesian
Rating: 5/5
My first and only trip to DWorld and it was amazingly relaxing and beautiful staying there. boatride to MK, Beach, Castle across the lagoon, kona cafe(teriyaki steak), tiki torches, what an amazing escape. best place to be after a long day at the parks

In order of how I feel about them
Old Key West- number 1 our favorite
AKL
Coronado Springs
POFQ

SSR and BCV- really did not like -probably would never stay again.

Linda

Tough to answer...there are resorts that are our favorites but as of recent years and price increases, out priced themselves and have made them not worth the money, but are still favorites...

We do not like or will stay in values ... And only POFQ is tolerable for a moderate for us...

Deluxes, though we've staged at all but BWI, favorite of many a trip has been WL.... Most returned to resort out of all the rest, and we've done over 45 trips to WDW..

Order of most to least enjoyed resort experiences...

Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans
Contemporary
Polynesian
Pop Century
Boardwalk
All Star Music
Caribbean Beach
All Star Sports

A lot of it depends on what is going on during the stay (things going well at hotel/parks, neighbors, stress level, expectations).

Would go back to each of them again except for All Star Sports but for now keep returning to Beach Club.

Trying Animal Kingdom Lodge for a couple of nights this summer and excited to see what we think of staying there.

From best to worst (for my family):

Wilderness Lodge :cloud9:
POP Century :woohoo:
All Star Movies:wizard:
All Star Sports :lovestruc
All Star Music :cutie:
Caribbean Beach Resort :duck:

We are staying at Yacht Club in 9 days, so we will see where that one ranks! ::yes::

GF CL 10/10
Poly CL 9/10
Por 7/10 ( can be quite a hike to food court)
CR 8/10 ( loved location & rooms rest of resort reminds me of airport)
Asmu 8/10 ( our fave value)
Asmo 7/10
Pop 7/10
BC CL 4/10 ( bad experience here)
SSR 7/10
CBR 3/10 ( just didn't care for layout very inconvenient & our pirate room very worn)
AKL 6/10 ( beautiful but very confusing layout & while I know there are animals here we enjoyed seeing them we didn't enjoy smelling them, lol)

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

Here are mine:
1.Poly-5/5 easy access to transportation lots of dining choices and huge rooms

2.Grand Floridian-4.5/5 Parking is a problem.

3.Wilderness Lodge-4/5 good proximity to dining and MK beautiful grounds
tie
3.AKL Kidani-4/5 big rooms, nice pool, easy to see animals even if you are not staying in a savannah room, but far from things

4.Beach Club-4 great location I love being able to walk directly to WS in epcot, LOTS of excellent dining choices walking distance, it costs a bit more than AKL and WL both of which I preferred, Wouldn't mind staying again in the area for longer next time.

5.Art of Animation Ariel room 3.5/4 beautifully themed, great food court, good pools excellent value, but it is a bit crowded, can be a bit of a walk to the main building, far from parks, double beds. Would definitely stay again if doing a budget trip.

6. POP 3/5 - clean rooms, we had a view of the lake, didn't enjoy the crowds and found the layout confusing, (didn't have trouble at AoA for some reason :confused3) food court was only so-so. would pick AoA over Pop but would consider staying here if there was no room at AoA

7. POFQ 2/5 - Ok theming, didn't love this resort not super convenient to get to. When we stayed here it had double beds, in our opinion why spend more for a moderate when it is not much better than a value. The only big pluses are the pool slide (which at POFQ is not great) and towels at the pool. We did not enjoy the food at the food court at all, the beignets were awful, cardboard with powdered sugar. Would not stay here again, or any moderate when the value really is almost as good.

We always rent a car and have done deluxe dining a few time. Last time we went we rented points and if possible will continue to do so in the future so it does limit our choices a bit and makes a last minute trip a bit harder to plan

Honestly I could probably be happy at any of the resorts at WDW they all have their pluses and your vacation is what you make it.

We have had great stays and have loved all of the resorts we've stayed at and wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of them again, but if I had to rank them in order of my favorites:

Poly
GF
BC
WL/AKL (love both equally)
CBR

CR will soon be in the mix as we are staying there for the first time in December :).

Wow this was a great question. Here is my list

BC - 4.5/5 - the only downvote I have for this place is price
POR - 4/5 - this is my go-to resort, love it, just wish it was closer to the parks
POFQ - 3.5/5
CBR - 2/5 (I really disliked my stay here)

I very much want to get to Poly, WL and CR. Those will be my next spots to hit.

BC - 5/5 - Location and SAB
CBR - 4.5/5 - Love this place! It's our "home" resort. Relaxed feel is our escape from the craziness of the parks. Awesome CMs, mousekeeping and bus service.
POR - 4/5 - Very nice resort. Like the boat to DTD and Yeeha Bob.
ASSports - 3.5/5 - Clean, compact, fun theming and an awesome price.
POFQ - 3/5 - Not fans of the theme nor food court.

AKV- Kidani: 8/10. Beautiful resort, very relaxing. Savannah view was wonderful. Loved the hidden Mickey details! Pool was nice. Drove to Epcot the next day after checking out so can't talk about buses. Long walk to the lobby and no CS place right there- had to get shuttle to Jambo House. I would stay there again though.

Our list, best to not as good:

Poly
Yacht Club
Contemporary
PO Riverside
Coronado Springs

We've also stayed at Shades of Green, which we would place in a tie with the Contemporary.

My list, from best to worst. My best would rank an 8 out of 10. I travel a lot and WDW resorts don't measure up against 5 star resorts in my opinion.

BWI CL Boardwalk View
GF CL - Royal Palm Club
AKV Grand Villa Savannah View
AKL - CL
YC - CL
BWI
GF CL - Sugarloaf
BCV 2 bedroom
AKV 2 bedroom Savannah View
BC CL
CR
WL
YC
BC
BCV studio
BWV studio
OKW 2 bedroom
SSR 2 bedroom
SSR studio
OKW studio
VWL studio
Pop
POFQ

Kidani 5 comfortable rooms love the resort
Beach club/ boardwalk 4/5 excellent location rooms out dated
Old key west 4 love the resort and rooms. Location a little less.
CSR 3.5 love the resort. I need villas now.

it was really fun to remember the resorts I have stayed at...and try and rank them, I like them all and would chose each one as a favorite for a different reason...but overall ranking...here it goes :)

Boardwalk
Animal Kingdom (Kidani - then Jambo)
Beach Club
Port Orleans - Riverside - then FQ
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Swan/Dolphin (have stayed at both, they are really similar)
Coranado Springs (best quick service meal - Pepper Market)
Cabins at Fort Wilderness (best value by far for a larger group)

FUN!

We've loved all four of the resorts we've stayed at in Disney.

In order:

1. Beach Club
2. Yacht Club
3. Polynesian
4. Grand Floridian

At Universal we would rate it:

1. Hard Rock Hotel
2. Royal Pacific Resort

YC (9/10...only downside is the long walk to CS at Marketplace, love everything else)

Poly (8/10...last stay our room was terribly maintained, looking forward to rehab. Also, we have had repeated service issues like assigned an already occupied room. TWICE! However, love the monorail, proximity to MK and general flavor)

BC (7/10...had a dreadful CL experience here once and another non CL where a CM mistakenly checked us out of our room. At 10 pm with tired kids which was a total nightmare to fix. Also, only 50% of rooms have balconies - hate that. But, we love Stormalong Bay, the decor and the short walk to Epcot. My boys always want to return and so we will!)

WL (7/10...rooms are somewhat small and I wish the pool was zero entry and the bus trips seem interminable sharing with FTW or monorail resorts but the lobby is a wow, RF has great food, love the geyser and the boat to MK)

AK (7/10...similar pros and cons as WL, better pool and our favorite restaurants. We miss staying there, want to try Kidani at some point)

Dolphin (6/10...it was fine. Decor not our favorite but close to Epcot and Boardwalk. Great restaurants. Would stay again if price was right)

Ft. Wilderness Cabins (4/10...a dishwasher that leaked continuously, despite several calls to maintenance, black mold in the bathroom, and bird-poop encrusted patio made for a less than great experience. Oh, and they lost our luggage for 16 hours. Still, we liked the quiet, peaceful location and the space. Wouldn't return.

All Stars Movies 3/10...disliked the cement block look of the buildings though we expected small rooms, of course. Uncomfortable beds and filthy carpet in the room. Boys loved the Toy Story courtyard. The food court was overwhelming and food wasn't good. Just not for us.

It's hard for me to rank them, but it I'll give you my opinion.

YC-Best resort, but worst Cl level. I guess this would be my favorite for location and pool. I love the nautical décor. I love DCL so maybe that's why.

BW- Favorite resort in cooler months, Second best Club level, but not my favorite pool. Nothing to do with the clown. I love clowns. It's the lack of beach.

Poly- Best Club level and best rooms. Not crazy about pool, but love the beach and the views, and the transportation options.

WL- Great Club level, horrible rooms, love the beach and pool.

BC- My least favorite resort, the club level is tied with YC for the worst. What I like is the pool and location. I will stay there if YC unavailable.

AKl- I love the animals and the resort. I would be bored out of my mind if I had to spend more than two nights there. To remote and nothing going on at night. The rooms are small, but nice. Club level is good.

GF and CR are still on my list to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter