Rare Disney characters

seagodess

DIS Veteran
I remember on our last trip we saw Peter Pan and the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. We did our pic's with the Rabbit, but not Peter Pan. I later read somewhere that Peter Pan is a rare character to find at DL. Also that the White Rabbit isn't seen often. Is this true? What are some other rare characters to keep eye out for?

Peter Pan is not rare at Disneyland Park. The White Rabbit (as opposed to several years ago) is not often seen walking around - most recently he has occasionally appeared with the Queen of Hearts in Town Square.

We used to see Peter Pan all the time, but don't much anymore. We have seen the White Rabbit on every one of our trips over the last 3 years. Interesting everybody has had different experiences with it.

We visit the park about once a week and see Peter Pan often... A few times even running through Fantasyland with Hook chasing him. We also have seen him at the wishing well and peaking into Pixie Hallow.

The White Rabbit is not around too much , but when I have spotted him it has been out on Main Street. A CM also recently shared that he will be out a lot more during Easter.

:-)

When DS was small Geppetto read a story to him in first aid.

We also got a cool picture with Cruella once, but I think she is a regular over in DCA now in Hollywood.

Our experience is different everytime we go.
We saw Peter Pan on our 3rd family trip but not the first 2.
We saw Pinocchio and Gepetto the first 2 but no this last time.
We have seen Cruella all 3 times and always in town square.
We have also seen Max (goofys son) all 3 times but this last time in DCA.
We were lucky to see Pocahontas on our first trip but not these last 2.

I guess its about pixie dust and the luck of being in the right place at the right time!!

Donald is almost always in the Gazebo to the left of the Cove Bar in Paradise Pier. The only time I didn't see he was during Christmas, when Daisy was there. He wasn't out for meet and greets because of the Viva Navidad show. We also see him on Main Street a lot, but those character rotate all day.

If you head to BT Ranch on the weekends at the moment, you can meet n' greet a whole host of rare characters. Last week we met Perla and Suzie ( the girl mice from Cinderella) we also met Gepetto and Pinocchio, Robin Hood and Friar Tuck, Clarabelle Cow and Horace the Horse, Honest John and the cat villain from Pinocchio and the most entertaining of all, the Ugly Sisters and the Step Mother from Cinderella.

Hardly anyone was there and the wait was no longer than 5 minutes for any of them. Was awesome.

we were so happy when white rabbit and fairy god mother was at the Minnie breakfast one time. it was really cool to see them and I had never seen them

Finding Peter is sometimes tricky because he just runs around Fantasyland (occasionally with Hook) with no real schedule. I wouldn't say he's rare because he's in the parks often, he's just sometimes hard to keep up with.
As for the White Rabbit, I personally have never seen him, so kudos on tracking him down :)

What time's will characters be at the front of the main gates before entering the park? I've seen YouTube videos of Alice's crew and Aladdin's crew.

The rarest characters we've seen in the last decade are Prince Charming, Prince Phillip, Fairy Godmother, Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Mulan, the Cinderella mice, and Remy and Emile from Ratatouille (when the movie was in theaters). We've also seen on rare occassions different Star Wars characters in TL that aren't part of the SW show: Captain Rex and Boba Fett.

Not rare: We have seen Peter Pan, Wendy and Alice frequently, once playing follow the leader in FL. (Once we saw the whole cast of Alice in Wonderland riding King Arthur's carrousel.) Tweedle Dee and Dum appear frequently as do Mary Poppins and Bert.

Spotting any character is a thrill, especially rare ones. I'm still waiting for a chance to see Piglet. And I'll never forget the first time we saw Donald Duck back before he regularly appeared and when we saw Dopey at Epcot in WDW.

Have your camera handy at all times because some of the rare characters we've seen were walking and not stopping to pose for pics so we scooted ahead of them and snapped a photo of them in motion. They will smile and wave for the camera, but once they're walking, they don't stop.

Through you can't pose for pictures with them, the best bang for your character-spotting buck are the parades.

Also, cast members at the info booth near the hub are often in the know about who is showing up where.

Have fun!

I saw Max (Goofy's son) when I was there last June. I feel like he's rare? He's kind of a random character from the 90's..

I saw Max (Goofy's son) when I was there last June. I feel like he's rare? He's kind of a random character from the 90's..
I think he is at Minnie's breakfast a lot? I've seen him there the last two times I went. But he is very random LOL..

Was there this weekend and saw Peter Pan and Captain Hook together.

I've seen Piglet once. I was there with my SIL and DD and it was a complete chance meeting near the entrance of tomorrow land. That was at least 13 years ago. I'm a pass holder and a regular and I've never seen him again. DD was so excited! (I think she was 2.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter