Raise your hand if you're expecting severe weather today!

Lol!

I just checked again and it totally changed. Sunny today with rain overnight, and a much shorter window of precipitation. Time between checks was less than 45 minutes :laughing: Looks like the temp won’t drop under 40f.
Doh! Changed again :rotfl2:

Now we’ll have rain starting before sundown but finished by the time we wake up.

Not here in Cape May, NJ. We are now getting the rain that was predicted.

(South Jersey right near Philly) It's supposed to start heavily raining here about 9 p.m. and be very windy. Mostly overnight.

Anyone else? We are under a high wind warning but will probably have tornado warnings later. All the schools are closed, and our hatches are as battened as can be expected. I'm nervous, but we've done what we can.
Just high winds. Thunderstorms tomorrow.

PXL_20230303_195146343.jpg
Southeastern Indiana. This was my view during a break in the rain. Luckily my route didn't flood. Several schools closed early to make sure the students got home safely.

Tomorrow. We are expecting a ton of snow on Saturday. I think they are saying 5-8" in the Bangor, ME area. Better than in Portland, ME, where they are saying 12" or more! DD and SIL are supposed to be flying from Portland to NOLA tomorrow, late afternoon. We'll see... They are in a hotel in Portland tonight, and I'm guessing I'll have to find a hotel for them for tomorrow night, too. If the weather is too ugly for flying, it's too ugly for driving!

Winds topped out at 79 MPH gusts today in our area. Our power company said it may be into the new week before we get electricity back. Thankfully my mom has power and lives only 15 away so we can go to her house to shower and charge devices tomorrow.

Overnight blizzard here in the Toronto area, started around 7. About an hour ago we had thunder snow! Big flash of lightning and a huge clap of thunder. First time I’ve ever seen that during a snow storm. We are supposed to get around a foot of snow in the space of 12 hours.

Overnight blizzard here in the Toronto area, started around 7. About an hour ago we had thunder snow! Big flash of lightning and a huge clap of thunder. First time I’ve ever seen that during a snow storm. We are supposed to get around a foot of snow in the space of 12 hours.
My wife left the upper 80’s of Florida and went to Toronto today for the weekend. I saw the weather report and had the better sense to stay in Orlando.

STL - biblical rain turned to snow then back to rain - started last night 2:4 inches rain - high winds lucky all died down by sunset / colder but to warm back up - will take several days before my yard isn’t squishy and holding standing water - but at least the little river in it stopped 👍 which is nice since my dog wanted to play in it - ah no we are wet enough thank you !

My wife left the upper 80’s of Florida and went to Toronto today for the weekend. I saw the weather report and had the better sense to stay in Orlando.
Smart choice! Thunder snow is a pretty cool phenomenon to experience. Not cool enough to leave Florida for though!

Just got home from 1.5 hours on I-79 driving my daughter home for spring break. Went up early this morning and spent all day roaming around doing some shopping. Picked her up in the afternoon after she finished her work study job and we went to eat. Just as we finish eating and head out to the car it really hit.

Pouring down rain, interstate was pretty bad with water. It's just rain, not snow or winter weather. Passed by many cars spun out to the sides. I am assuming they hydroplaned at high speeds, normal speeds but high for the weather.

Other cars were crawling along at 50 mph. I was satisfied to park the cruise control there, the wind and the water on the road kicked me around pretty good.

Dropped her off, we watched Jeopardy. Chatted a bit more but it was a long day and exhausting drive so I took off home. While we were watching Jeopardy though, a massive gust blew through outside. Then as I drove locally through where I had just driven through not long before, the roads were covered with falling branches.

But what an absolutely gorgeous day today. Nothing like mild temperatures with beautiful snow.

And I also think we have forgotten what winter is - this was completely normal as far as snow totals when I was child. And then we went through so many years without any of it, years and years in the city core of Toronto with hardly anything ever accumulating during the winter.

I prefer snow if the cold is here

-----------

The one time I heard/saw thunder snow I literally thought we were being bombed - what a crazy intense noise. I ran out on my balcony to see everyone looking to the sky.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter