Rafiki's Planet Watch is Now OPEN - See Post #296

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is so sad for us. I actually planned all of my fastpasses around the idea that we would be at Rafiki's Planet Watch for a few hours. Last year my then 6 yo stood and watched a surgery for about an hour and wouldn't walk away. All he keeps talking about is going back there this June.

So disappointing.....

Last edited:
Interesting!
Any guesses as to how long it will be open (once it reopens)?
Hoping to go to wdw in November- I figured RPW would be “closed for the sesson”, but if reopening in Aug I am hopeful we could still visit...
It should be permanent by all accounts, aside from closures for refurbishment in the future.

Just finalizing up some plans for next week. So since it obviously did not reopen during Memorial Day, is it safe to say the August rumor is still pretty accurate?

Just finalizing up some plans for next week. So since it obviously did not reopen during Memorial Day, is it safe to say the August rumor is still pretty accurate?
Not a Rumor. The info was announced by Disney Parks blog.

Not a Rumor. The info was announced by Disney Parks blog.
Roger that! I had just wondered because TP will still let me have it in a plan for next week, and they're usually pretty good about keeping closings accurate, but I guess they just missed this one. Thanks!

It will have to be open August as they have this planned....

Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night

RPW is a big part of the event.......

Interesting that it will have a FP for the drawing class. Always love having new FP's to go after!!

this ! And just wondering if this has anything to do with the mde fps not working for a change on the website ! Keep getting stinking Olaf!

Just booked a FP for August!

So excited that RPW, The Wildlife Express train and the new Animation Experience will be open for our trip!

ETA: For anyone wondering, the Animation Experience is a tier 2 FP with a 15-minute return window. The description in MDE says it’s a 25-minute class.

Last edited:
Just booked a FP for August!

So excited that RPW, The Wildlife Express train and the new Animation Experience will be open for our trip!

ETA: For anyone wondering, it’s a tier 2 FP with a 15-minute return window. The description in MDE says it’s a 25-minute class.

The FP is just for the Animation Experience, right? No FP needed for RPW itself, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter