Radisson to Port - Can I just take a cab?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
From some of the posts I've read it sounds like the Radisson Shuttle may be a stress-inducing option for our family of 4 with lots of luggage. Are their cabs regularly available at the Radisson? I don't care about the cost if it saves time and stress.

Or should we keep our Avis rental car until Saturday morning and take an Avis shuttle to port?

You can take a cab to the Port. That's what we did last October. The front desk calls for it and it comes to the front. It cost I think around $8 including tip for the two of us. We took the shuttle back to the Radisson after the cruise but were booked on the 2:30pm shuttle which we thought was too late. Worked out great.

Poly, since you've got the rental already, keep it to be able to get around the night before, so that you don't have to walk anywhere, drop off the luggage and the kids the morning of, then one of you take the rental back and use the Avis shuttle. That way, no problems with luggage.

We did this for the four day and it turned out to be a huge hassle.

On Sundays, in addition to the Wonder, the Mariner of the Seas sails. That is the biggest ship afloat. Every cab in the Cape is very busy getting passengers off the ships (a third sailed that day as well - a Carnival?) and back on. We called a cab and waited forty minutes.

The driver said its only really bad on Sundays, due to the Mariner of the Seas, so DCL cruises on the three and seven day may have fewer hassles.

I'd drop everyone except the driver at the terminal using the rental (don't forget to drop the luggage), then have the driver take the shuttle back.

We used the Radisson shuttle on the 3/7/04 wonder.
Picked us up at 10:20am, left the Radisson at 10:30am.
Arrived at the port a few minutes later. No hassles
It was a large bus.
On the return, we had porter take us to the Radisson pickup
area, & shuttle came within 10-minutes. Smaller Van, held 12 people, but we were some of the last to disembark.
Again, hassle free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter