R.I.P. Dueling Dragons

Will the coaster be there at Christmas time?

Geez, I hope so!

Charleyann

I doubt that they will change the actual vehicles, so it will most likely remain dragon themed of some kind.

Sad to see the dragons leave the park. IOA is no stranger to extraordinary ride detail & creativity, and I know they're going to have a field day with Potter. It should be worth the loss.

There's also a scene in the last book where Harry, Ron and Hermione ride on the back of a dragon. But I doubt they would theme after that, but you never know.

Lame, I hope they don't close the ride for refurbishment, the current theme is just fine, and I don't want to go several months without Fire.

We are going the first week of Nov and this is one of our favorite rides. It sounds like the coaster is still there but is it actually running? My oldest is going to freak out if that ride is closed.

Yes the coaster is still running. There is a new entrance but everything is still operational.

Phew! When I saw the title, I thought the coaster was gone! :scared:

I think the dragon theme fits in really well, with HP. This is a great example of when the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" fits perfectly.

Hopefully USF/IOA will find somewhere appropriate to relocate the dragons to - I'd really miss those guys if they were gone for good. :sad1:

Aren't they going to eventually close the coasters to do the update in theming? I thought they were.

Florida2006060.jpg

:sad2:

Oh what a shame, I LOVED the dragons outside the ride :sad2: It was very much for me what made me more nervous about riding! They looked fantastic!!

I do hope that they are just down for a refurb!

We were just there... and I was like... gee.. just a couple of weeks ago I could walk this way... But there is now a wall right past the Talking Fountain near Sinbad, and a bridge right before the fountain. Not a lot of signage.

The new enterance to DD is wackadoodle for lack of a better word. You have to enter via the Jurassic park area (near some lockers and the popcorn stand), over bridge, up steep stairs, behind Flying Unicorn(which is still there, but stripped down to the metal awaiting new paint??) then into the castle....

There was a strong order of dead fish at the bridge, and we saw cast members poking around looking for the cause. We felt bad for the staff working that area that day.

Oh and the new wall threw me so much the Loss of the dragons didnt even occur to me. I was happy to see the Flying unicorn still standing, and I hope they keep that gem of a kiddie coaster around.

I don't think there is a better word for the new entrance than wackadoodle. You can hear Jurassic Park music when you're at Dueling Dragons, random. It also makes for a longer walk. -.-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter