Quite an Evening at Animal Kingdom

instlouis

Mouseketeer
At 6:19 on November 16th, here are your ride choices at Animal Kingdom.
Don’t like the 225 minute wait for FoP?
How about Navi? Closed.
How about EE? Closed.
Dinosaur? No soup for you! Closed.
Kali? It’s 55 degrees, I don’t think so.
Primeval Wh.......at the hell is a “seasonal closing!?!?!?!”
So I can take a safari, ride the Dumbo-Esque Triceratops or watch River of Lights...twice.

I dont know what to say to that. I'm really sorry for you. I'd be fuming. Fore rides down? What do we pay again to visit a Disney Park? That's totally inexcusable yet there will be peple saying " Disney can't control these things.

I would have made a bitter complaint. That is pretty much inexcusable for the prices customers pay.
😡😡😡

At 6:19 on November 16th, here are your ride choices at Animal Kingdom.
Don’t like the 225 minute wait for FoP?
How about Navi? Closed.
How about EE? Closed.
Dinosaur? No soup for you! Closed.
Kali? It’s 55 degrees, I don’t think so.
Primeval Wh.......at the hell is a “seasonal closing!?!?!?!”
So I can take a safari, ride the Dumbo-Esque Triceratops or watch River of Lights...twice.
View attachment 453059
Sucks but hopefully the closures are truly temporary. Not that it helps but I’m sitting in 30 degree weather not at Disney. YMMV but I would be sitting at Dawa soaking in the atmosphere. What about Dinosaur or TTBAB? There’s always the shows as well

Well...Navi is back open with a 90 minute wait but the last safari has departed for the night so you still have the same amount of options as before. Dinosaur has been completely removed from the attraction list as “temporarily closed” so I assume this means it is closed for the night. Time for It’s Tough to Be a Bug...again.

Well...Navi is back open with a 90 minute wait but the last safari has departed for the night so you still have the same amount of options as before. Dinosaur has been completely removed from the attraction list as “temporarily closed” so I assume this means it is closed for the night. Time for It’s Tough to Be a Bug...again.
Have you watched the Christmas/winter themed awakenings at the tree of life yet? I'd grab a hot cocoa and watch those. :-)

Again doesn’t help but I would sit through three shows without a problem given no other options. Helps to build your reflexes on when to move forward in your seat and when to pick your feet up. Allows you to enjoy the expressions of horror from the masses.😉

Someone on Facebook said there was a problem with FoP earlier. My guess is someone got sick on the ride causing a theater to close.

If you are dissatisfied, stop at Guest Relations and complain. See if they can offer you any suggestions, or possible fast passes for another park\day. Doesn't hurt, to let them know that you aren't happy!

Had a similar experience at another theme park. Wrote a letter detailing dates, times & what was down. Was compensated financially, as I didn't get the full value of my ticket. You might want to request the same.

If I was at AK and saw what was closed at 6, I'd have made a quick stop at guest services and hopped to MK. But then again, this was an evening EMH day for AK so I might not have been there at all.

Not sure what time they went down but hopefully it was not too much before when you posted so at least you had most of the day. We had a similar situation at MK last Monday with Splash, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, and Haunted Mansion down a large part of park opening until 2pm (when we left the park) with Buzz also down a for a bit. A polite complaint (depending on how long they were down for) will often result in an appropriate good will gesture.

Had a similar experience at another theme park. Wrote a letter detailing dates, times & what was down. Was compensated financially, as I didn't get the full value of my ticket. You might want to request the same.

I think this is the best strategy. You could go stand in line at Guest Relations, but chances are there will be a wait that takes up so much time, and will probably leave most guests fuming until they hopefully get their turn. You're better of enjoying the park atmosphere, entertainment, and other things... genuinely with the intent of having a good time no matter what... then take care of things later.

I'm sure that the park staff are freaking out themselves, as this isn't the typical standard or expectation.

Was at epcot until close.Soaring 45 minute wait. Frozen 90.once the darkness came the WINE took overThe Epcot crowd was littered with an obnoxious loud BAR ATMOSPHERE. Disney dropped the ball on security and and VISIBLE employees.

Even in the rare case where three or four attractions are closed, Animal Kingdom still offers more to do now than it did fifteen years ago with the not-atypical one or two attractions down. Regardless, I think anyone who measures parks on how many rides there are rather than overall attractions is going to eventually be disappointed with Disney.

I was there on Thursday 11/14/19 and there was a sign as you entered Dinoland saying that the area closes at 6pm. Of course, that was the day I didn’t have a map; I’m guessing (hoping?!) it says it there as well. I found it strange that they would close an entire land 2 hours before park closing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Even in the rare case where three or four attractions are closed, Animal Kingdom still offers more to do now than it did fifteen years ago with the not-atypical one or two attractions down. Regardless, I think anyone who measures parks on how many rides there are rather than overall attractions is going to eventually be disappointed with Disney.

I tend to agree with this, but it's a little different at AK at night. I could easily kill hours just exploring all of the trails and seeing the animals during the day, but those things aren't available at night. Three rides down at MK at night wouldn't be a big deal, but three rides down at AK at night doesn't leave a ton of things to do, and it makes the crowds much bigger at the attractions that are open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter