Quiet Place to Take Video Call - EPCOT

llcooljayce

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

We are heading out on the Disney Wish in late August and as part of requirements to board, we need to conduct a proctored COVID test 2 days before sailing. We will actually be at EPCOT during our testing time and need to find a place that is quiet and has access to good wifi. The quiet part is the most important as we should have good data coverage on our mobile plan but if both can be achieved, that would be great. Indoor with AC would be even better but happy to do it outside if need be.

Any suggestions?

You might wanna look into Beach / Yacht Club for a quiet sitting area if you'll be near the International Gateway. (Usually those walkways are not too crowded, you might find a spot on the walking path.) A little further, Swan had a really nice sitting area next to their Disney Planner desk that always looked like a ghost town every time I've been there. Also, even if you get some great responses here, I'd poll a few CM's when you're there. They might have some fantastic hidden gem spots for you in the park. I'd bet this is a pretty common ask.

The bathrooms outside of Journey into Imagination or the area around them. A corner or two within Connections Cafe and Eatery might get quiet enough.

Yeah, I was going to say the bathrooms around back of Journey into the Imagination too as long as OK being outside. When I need to take a call in Epcot, this is where I go if I can.

Over by Coral Reef Cafe there's never anyone down that dead end and they have a few benches there. We usually go over there to take a break never anyone there however I don't remember if you can her the seagulls from in front of Finding Nemo if you can I don't think it was loud enough cause an issue.

You might wanna look into Beach / Yacht Club for a quiet sitting area if you'll be near the International Gateway. (Usually those walkways are not too crowded, you might find a spot on the walking path.) A little further, Swan had a really nice sitting area next to their Disney Planner desk that always looked like a ghost town every time I've been there. Also, even if you get some great responses here, I'd poll a few CM's when you're there. They might have some fantastic hidden gem spots for you in the park. I'd bet this is a pretty common ask.
If the IG is near where you will be I second this suggestion. Absolutely serene in mid-afternoon with no one around. Probably will have a better signal too.

The gardens at the back of the UK pavilion would be a good spot. If you need to be inside, there is a little museum in the back of the Japan pavilion that usually isn't too busy. A third option would be to walk back into the quiet spots in the Morocco pavilion; there is NOBODY back there. :)

I second the other suggestions for in and out of the park. If you are able to walk out the international gateway, the Solarium at Beach Club is usually quiet.

I can share where NEVER to take a quiet/work call. I was walking out of the gift shop at The Seas when I got a work call. I sat right outside on a bench. I didn't realize, but every time the door opens, there's a sound effect that plays - I think it's supposed to be like a whale opening his mouth. Like a deep OOOooohhAaaaaaa. It's adorable, but not for work 🤣 Luckily the call was short!

Last edited:
I think OP needs to be mindful that a lot of people here are just identifying quiet places in Epcot, but not all would work for a proctored covid test. For a covid test you really need a table because the test has to be on a flat surface for 15 minutes without moving in sight of the camera. You also need indoors, because if it rains (as is common in late august) your test will be ruined. Finally, you need to have clean washed hands as the first step of the test or risk false positive result from touching surfaces with Covid on them. Plus there is a risk the prolonged high temperature exposure of the test in August if you carrying it around all morning outdoors could produce an invalid result.

To be honest I don’t think Epcot is suitable for this. I would rearrange my plans for the day to be at the hotel during that time. Or order a few emed tests, since they don’t require an appointment time and you can just do them early in the morning or at night from the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter