quickest way to Cape May

bbluvsdis

luv all things Disney!!
We will be staying at OKW for the first time in December and we have a breakfast ADR at Cape May at 9:20. We will have a car but DH hates to drive while at WDW. Are there buses to the resorts from DTD that early? If we drove over to BC can we leave our car there all day while we go to Epcot? I hope this ADR wasn't a mistake, but we love the character breakfast there.

We will be staying at OKW for the first time in December and we have a breakfast ADR at Cape May at 9:20. We will have a car but DH hates to drive while at WDW. Are there buses to the resorts from DTD that early?
Buses back to the resorts from DTD are few and far between first thing in the morning. Instead of DTD, take a bus to DHS and then the boat to BCV. No ticket required to do that. Or if you are going to EPCOT anyway, take a bus to EPCOT, walk through the park, exit at the IG and from there, it's about a 5 -10 minute walk to Cape May. You'll have to hustle through EPCOT to get there by 9:20,so DHS is a bteter bet, IMO. Allow 60-75 minutes from OKW to be sure of arriving in time for your ADR.

If your DH doesn't want to drive and you don't want to leave OKW that early, grab a cab. Plan on spending around $15-$20 for that, incl tip.

If we drove over to BC can we leave our car there all day while we go to Epcot? I hope this AFR wasn't a mistake, but we love the character breakfast there.
Maybe you'd be alright, but the policy is that the resorts cannot and do not provide parking for the theme parks. December is busy for the EPCOT resorts so you may very well be denied entrance, or given a timed parking pass or even allowed in without a problem. You won't really know until you arrive. If you are concerned, plan to valet park for a fee (plus a tip is expected). There are no restrictions on valet parking unless the lot is full. That's unlikely.

Enjoy your trip.

We usually use WDW Transportation and don't like using the car much, either. But in this case, I'd drive. We have a Tables in Wonderland card, though, so we'd be able to use the valet for free. Self parking lot at BC isn't that far. In either case, you're only supposed to leave your car for a maximum of three hours when visiting a resort for restaurants/shopping.

Another option from OKW is a bus to Hollywood Studios, and then the boat to Beach Club.

We will be staying at OKW for the first time in December and we have a breakfast ADR at Cape May at 9:20. We will have a car but DH hates to drive while at WDW. Are there buses to the resorts from DTD that early? If we drove over to BC can we leave our car there all day while we go to Epcot? I hope this AFR wasn't a mistake, but we love the character breakfast there.

FYI, to drive from OKW to BCV it takes about 7-10 minutes, if you get all the lights red.

We usually use WDW Transportation and don't like using the car much, either. But in this case, I'd drive. We have a Tables in Wonderland card, though, so we'd be able to use the valet for free. ....

You only get free valet parking when using TIW for up to three hours. So if you head to the parks, you'll be paying for it. Plus you have to show your receipt when you pick up your car that shows you dined in the last three hours.

Drive! Especially at that time of day and with having a car. Its a very easy drive from OKW.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but you just need go down Buena Vista Dr to the Hess station at the Boardwalk and take a right onto Epcot Resorts Blvd.

I would never take the bus to DHS and then wait to take the boat to the Beach Club when I had a car.

As another poster said, its at most a 7 minute drive and that is if you hit the lights.

MsA

Drive! Especially at that time of day and with having a car. Its a very easy drive from OKW.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but you just need go down Buena Vista Dr to the Hess station at the Boardwalk and take a right onto Epcot Resorts Blvd.

I would never take the bus to DHS and then wait to take the boat to the Beach Club when I had a car.

As another poster said, its at most a 7 minute drive and that is if you hit the lights.

MsA

That parking lot is for guests at the BW, not for Epcot or BCV guests.

OP, take the bus to DHS and then boat over to BC. Then you can walk very easily over to Epcot. Or take a cab over to BC.

I vote take the car and pay to Valet park at BCV. Cheaper than a taxi and easy walk or boat ride after your long day at Cape May and Epcot. We have found that using a car at WDW can almost add a day to your vacation. Waiting for Disney transportation and the routes and stops that they make takes a lot of time plus you can't get a resort to resort bus.

:earsboy: Bill

I would take the bus to DHS and then a boat to BC and look at it as an adventure! We enjoy the breakfast at Cape May, but truthfully, we only book it when we're staying in the area.

Bobbi

Thanks for all the input. Is the valet parking $12 a day now? We do have TIW but I understand there is a time limit on that. We will be going to Epcot for the rest of the day and it would be easier in the evening just to walk back to BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter