Quick update from 6/18 fantasy

Geomom

DIS Veteran
Wifi at Playa Mia for a few more minutes, wanted to give a quick update on Fantasy.

Formal night free drinks for captains reception between dinner seatings is back! Stumbled upon it on way to Aladdin after dinner in Enchanted Garden.

DVC member reception is back, tonight (Cozumel) and Jamaica nt.

Walt theater nightly shows: Chip and Dale rescue rangers, Aladdin, Frozen, light-year, Taylor Mason, Eric Jones, believe.

Darren cruise director.

And I'm off...

Also on this sailing. I will say that the atrium was PACKED for the Captain's reception - so if you are trying to social distance, it is not the place for you (we went and spent a lovely 30 minutes in an empty Meridian). Despite not attending, I'm glad to see them bringing back activities that are important to the guests.

Super soggy day in Cozumel. Hoping for better weather tomorrow in Grand Cayman!

We did the the DVC reception on the 6/11 fantasy sailing and it was not as good as in the past. They did give out free MaiTais. There’s no giveaways and they showed an awful video with a circle of DVC members like they were in an AA meeting, it was horrible and cringey. I said as much to the DVC rep onboard who agreed.

thanks for the update! Did you do the DCL beach excursion? We are scheduled for that in August.
No, we did the DCL port adventure with the San Gervaiso ruins, chocolate (Mayan Cacao company), and beach break (Playa Mia). All we did at Playa Mia was buy lunch, redeem our free drink coupons, and enjoy the free wifi for our 90 minutes there.

No, we did the DCL port adventure with the San Gervaiso ruins, chocolate (Mayan Cacao company), and beach break (Playa Mia). All we did at Playa Mia was buy lunch, redeem our free drink coupons, and enjoy the free wifi for our 90 minutes there.
Thanks. We are doing the beach break. Glad to know there is Wi-Fi there. 🤣

Have you ever done Chakanaab and can compare it to Playa Mia?
Sorry, first time to Cozumel. We chose the excursion for the ruins and chocolate part, and we were just hungry by the time we got to Playa Mia. I'm not sure what they had for activities. It was a rainy day for us as well, although it was just cloudy by the time we did the 'beach break' part.

How was the food at Playa Mia? Prices?
It was tasty Mexican food. Since we had drink coupons (1 each) the total came to $33 before the tip for 4 meals. (Prices were lower than a menu I found online.). I asked what the price was for the buffet--$25, so we just did the a la carte menu. DH had the fajitas, I had chicken tacos DD22 chicken enchiladas, DD18 chicken quesadilla. For drinks I had a margarita which was just ok. DD22 had a non alcoholic lime daiquiri which tasted good...I should have gotten an alcoholic version of that. DD18 had a non alcoholic pina colada, also tasted good. Not sure what DH had to drink, but it was non alcoholic.IMG_20220620_142042969.jpgIMG_20220620_142028255.jpgIMG_20220620_142032319.jpgIMG_20220620_142038913.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter