Quick Service not-to-be-missed?

Cindylieu

Mouseketeer
We are going in a year and I am getting a feel for where to eat. We haven't been to WDW since before the Covid. I already have most of my table service places chosen. I don't really want to be "married" to my quick service choices, but I DO want to know the best-and-worst so that I don't miss something AND I don't waste my choices. I do enjoy mobile ordering, but am fine standing in line if needed. Do you have any places (food-carts, quick-service) that you ALWAYS go to? Why? Anywhere that is totally skippable?

(our plan per day for 2 grown-ups: 1 snack, 1 quick service, 1 table service and a refillable popcorn bucket for daily popcorns)

This can (and should) change so much in a year I wouldn't make any major decisions on QS for another 6-8 months. PreCovid Peco's Bills ways always our go to at MK - but reviews now don't paint such a great picture - but in a year that could totally change.

In my opinion none of the quick service places are fantastic and must dos. They're good for what they are. I usually pick places that have mobile order and indoor seating (so I skip Woody's Lunchbox due to limited seating and it's outdoors). These were the places I went in each park on my last trip:

MK: Peco Bill's and Pinocchio Village Haus (I do not recommend Village Haus. The flatbreads are not good)
Epcot: Connections Eatery
HS: ABC Commissary and Backlot Express (I liked ABC more and my group liked Backlot more)
AK: Satu'li Canteen

Also I don't know if this classifies as a table service, quick service or even a lounge but Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge is a must do for me. They don't do reservations and it's walk up only, but the food is very good and has good prices for what you're getting.

Satu’li is a favorite for us! We also enjoy Columbia Harbor House since they have a large indoor seating area upstairs. We don’t have any favorites at Epcot or HS… we usually grab food booth stuff at Epcot if a festival is going on.

Flame Tree BBQ at AK is my favorite QS in all of Disney

My husband loved Toy Story Pizza Planet at HS (please don't throw things at me) so he is intent on eating Pizzerizzo this time. I got to choose basically everything else so I will deal with his puffy pizza love one day I guess.

Skip Cosmic Ray's at Magic Kingdom. Casey's Corner on Main Street USA is a classic... try the corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce.

Connections Eatery at EPCOT is fantastic.

Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios is a great place to take a break from the heat, and has one of my favorite snacks, the Wookie Cookie.

Probably the only QS place I'd say gets into the "must do" territory is Satul'li Canteen in AK. The bowls are delicious and the cheeseburger pods are a fun change of pace from a regular theme park burger.

Other than that, while I wouldn't call these must do's, we do enjoy:

MK - Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House are our favorites there, though let's face it. MK is the weakest park, food wise, sadly but both of these will get the job done.
EP - mostly we just graze the festival booths, though the QS place in Mexico has decent food and a nice, shady location - and good margaritas!
HS - We really enjoy Backlot Express. The food is pretty standard theme park fare, but I feel it's executed a bit better than other places. We've yet to try the Ronto Wrap at Ronto Roasters, but as everyone seems to love it, it is on our bucket list.
AK - In addition to Satul'li, while it's not a QS place, one of favorite grazing spots is Nomad Lounge. The drinks are great and they have small plates from the Tiffins kitchen. Try the churros - really! I don't even like churros that much, but these are off the charts good.

Gasparilla Island Grill at the GF. The chicken and brie sandwich is fantastic with real potato fries.

Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Yes, it's technically a bar but open air with pretty good food and a casual atmosphere. Good munchies, too. DH really liked the bison burger.

Time it right, and you've a marvelous view of the fireworks.

PreCovid Peco's Bills ways always our go to at MK - but reviews now don't paint such a great picture - but in a year that could totally change.
Can confirm. Pecos Bill was crap in January. I have no plans to go there again unless they get their act together. Which is a shame because they were really good once upon a time

MK - Cosmic Ray's or Casey's for hot dogs. Peco's Bills no longer has the fixin's bar which made it so good. I hated my meal there last month.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, inside Rose and Crown Pub for fish and chips or the now practically permanent festival booths. The burgers do look good at the new Connections Eatery, but we were not in the mood for a burger when we were in Epcot.

DHS - ABC Commisary - This used to be my *least* favorite in all of WDW but they changed the menu and we really enjoy the tacos there. I also adore PizzeRizzo for the theme. The pizza is just okay.

Animal Kingdom - Satu'li Canteen is the best. We also like Flame Tree when we're in a carnivore mood.

MK-Sleepy Hollow for the spicy chicken & waffle
Epcot-Cantina San Angel-great nachos
HS-Ronto Roasters for a Ronto Wrap
AK-either Flame Tree BBQ or Yak & Yeti Local Foods

Enjoy planning!

Probably the only QS place I'd say gets into the "must do" territory is Satul'li Canteen in AK. The bowls are delicious and the cheeseburger pods are a fun change of pace from a regular theme park burger.
Ditto 100%!! This is my only true QS must.

Oh! & Sunshine Tree Terrace …cuz what’s a trip to Disney without dole whip?? 😆
Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Yes, it's technically a bar but open air with pretty good food and a casual atmosphere. Good munchies, too. DH really liked the bison burger.
Like isn’t strong enough of sword for how I feel about that bison burger 😍 Obsessed is closer… and it can be mobile-ordered! 🙌 It’s a great spot to take a break on an MK day… or a resort day… or today 😂😂

For all 6 of my kids, Docking Bay 7 at HS is a QS must do.

Last time in HS (a few weeks ago), I wanted to try out some of the new options there (it has always been the weakest park for food in the past), and I was very pleasantly surprised! ABC had a very good salad with chicken, Woody’s lunchbox new BBQ sandwich was great, & I loved my Cali BLTA dog at Fairfax Fare (& I am not a hotdog kinda gal!).

EP has the tried & true Regal Eagle, plus the new Connections Cafe (which I really wanted to try, but never worked out for us to eat a meal there- just a yummy smoothie). Obviously, the food booths are a lot of fun & shouldn’t be missed!! We also love the new creperie, but prefer to sit inside at the TS instead of using the QS window.

AK truly has so many great QS options (Satu’li, Yak & Yeti Cafe, Flame Tree BBQ being the top 3)! You really don’t need to “search” for good food there like you might at the other parks! 😉

MK is quickly becoming the weakest link for QS, IMO. The only place that hasn’t let me down post-reopening is Columbia Harbour House.

**note- I have celiac & others in my family cannot eat dairy… having allergies can greatly affect how much we enjoy a place vs others’ experiences!!

We are here right now.yesterday we got a couch on the porch at Nomad for one of the best times at WDW ever.

Les Halles at Epcot is great. And i am at a spice road tabke right now with the naan and a glass of wine while the rest of the fam takes a break.

Agree with Geyser point for MK or Captain Cooks at Poly. At DHS Rontu Roasters, the steak puff at Baseline, Doxking Bay 7.

MK - Pecos Bills (it was good last fall, recent reviews not so good), Columbia Harbour House
AK Satu'Li or Flame Tree
HS - Docking Bay 7
EPCOT - Festival Booths

We love the butter and sugar crepes at the Crepe take out window near Remy in France. Our new fav snack!

Germany has a little bakery with yummy snacks too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!