Quick Service Alcohol Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know on the regular dining plan you can get alcohol with your TS meal so are you saying you can also get an alcoholic drinks at the QS meal too?

Thank you for this list! Planning our dining for next month (on the QS plan) and I'm a bang for your buck person... So knowing in advance where to go to maximize our credits is a great help!
Since I'm not a beer drinker, it's great to see cocktails on the list.
*Note: normally when it's travel I order the cheapest options food wise, rather spend my money on extra nights or cool stuff. For us, the dining plan allows us to enjoy ourselves without having to mull over every snack or meal purchased.
Basically, we paid $52 per day in dining.
A combo with a cocktail can run us $27-30 per meal and since we're going during the Festival of the Arts our 'snacks' will range $5-10. Meaning we save about $20-30 per day.
Of course that's ordering the most expensive menu items and always having a special/ alcoholic beverage... But I'm up for the challenge!!!

Last edited:

Here now. Just checked into the Poly. At Captain Cooks there were several beers and a few wine options. I don't drink beer and I like wine but not at lunch as it makes me sleepy. At oasis pool bar we were able to order anything off of the drink menu. DH got at painkiller and I got a Mai Tai. Both were over $10 and the food here was outstanding so that was a really great value.

Here now. Just checked into the Poly. At Captain Cooks there were several beers and a few wine options. I don't drink beer and I like wine but not at lunch as it makes me sleepy. At oasis pool bar we were able to order anything off of the drink menu. DH got at painkiller and I got a Mai Tai. Both were over $10 and the food here was outstanding so that was a really great value.

I was already thinking “pool bars” would be some of the best QS values on drinks for sure. Pretty extensive menus at all the deluxes

Just used a credit at Yorkshire Fish Shop, both beers they have are eligible. That's the the only choice there for alcohol. The qs in France was a disappointment. There are 2 white wines, a mimosa and 1 beer I believe as qs options. Neither red wine, both of which are priced under $8 are eligible.

Just used a credit at Yorkshire Fish Shop, both beers they have are eligible. That's the the only choice there for alcohol. The qs in France was a disappointment. There are 2 white wines, a mimosa and 1 beer I believe as qs options. Neither red wine, both of which are priced under $8 are eligible.

Updated. Sucks about the wine and France. I would assume the Champagne was ineligble also.

Each and every QS credit, so yes, 2 per day (night).

However, there have already been a few reports where someone wanted to get a bottled beer with their breakfast QS (to be used later), and that was not allowed.

I would never think of getting a beer with breakfast :), but it is permitted. Which gave me an idea when getting a Resort breakfast since you have your refillable mug, you can grab a mini bottle of wine for later to keep in the room fridge.

New for 2018 vacation packages! Guests have several new beverage options available including non-alcoholic specialty beverages and, for Guests 21 and older, beer, wine and cocktails.

Each Quick-Service meal includes (for breakfast, lunch or dinner):

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
Each Table-Service meal includes (for breakfast):

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)

I would never think of getting a beer with breakfast :), but it is permitted. Which gave me an idea when getting a Resort breakfast since you have your refillable mug, you can grab a mini bottle of wine for later to keep in the room fridge.

That was my point. There have been some reports that they were NOT allowed to get a bottle of wine or beer with their QS breakfast to save for later.

It says it’s allowed in the 2018 dining plan brochure. I guess we need to save a copy on our phones. I like this idea of saving drinks for happy hour :rotfl2:

Keep reading:

Beverages:
Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single-serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) within their meal entitlement.

I'm only saying what others have already reported. Each establishment gets to decide what, if anything, they will offer.

Keep reading:

Beverages:
Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single-serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) within their meal entitlement.

I'm only saying what others have already reported. Each establishment gets to decide what, if anything, they will offer.

My family loves the dining plan. The one flaw is the beverage with QS at the resort. Last trip I left 10 bottled beverages in my room fridge when we checked out. Makes no sense when we have the refillable mug at the resort. I send a letter to guest services after every trip complaining about this.

Well, it never hurts to ask. I do know Pop will NOT budge on swapping out a drink for a anything else. I’ll report back how they handle the wine with breakfast - it’s the only meal I’m planing at the resort.

My family loves the dining plan. The one flaw is the beverage with QS at the resort. Last trip I left 10 bottled beverages in my room fridge when we checked out. Makes no sense when we have the refillable mug at the resort. I send a letter to guest services after every trip complaining about this.

Well, it never hurts to ask. I do know Pop will NOT budge on swapping out a drink for a anything else. I’ll report back how they handle the wine with breakfast - it’s the only meal I’m planing at the resort.

I've substituted a snack for a drink at Pop. The CM at checkout actually did it automatically and I had to go back for more snacks (it was checkout day and we were trying to use up our last QS credit and all our remaining snack credits). We had a mug, so didn't need a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!