Quick answer re: Costco membership, please

Threehearts

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I want to buy a few things from the Costco online store. The prices are not the best but the items(Xmas presents) are available there and hardly anyplace else. I am wondering if membership is worth for me. I just noticed when checking out online that I, as a non-member will have to pay a 5% surcharge. The surcharge will not exceed the cost of membership which is $45. I live nowhere near a Costco and don't anticipate ever going to the store. Are the online deals deals worth the membership price? Thanks so much! Threehearts

I would just go with the 5% surcharge if you do not anticipate ever shopping at a Costco.

I agree with Alice28. The merchandise on costco's site doesn't even scratch the surface of what they sell at their actual stores, so I don't think it would be worth paying the $45 membership fee, IMHO

Hi threehearts- I live in MD, my closest Costco is about 35 minutes from me and I don't shop there except maybe once every third month or so. I joined because they offered the very best prices for my Disney Cruise. I saved several hundred dollars right there.
There is a Costco in Frederick that is really nice, one in White Marsh that is a dump, and one in Glen Burnie that is in between.
They have really good quality meats...
But if you don't see yourself ever going there I would just pay the surcharge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest