Questions

chip64

Mouseketeer
pirate: Even though we have piurchased MVMCP tickets which are non-refundable, at WDW in Dec., we're still thinking about another trip to DLR in early Dec.. Our stay would probably be around Dec. 5th for 5 nights and will probably book the Paradise Pier since we stayed there for our Easter vacation earlier this year and honestly really liked it. Especially due to the fact they have the 4th night free promotion during that time. Here are my ???. Does anyone know if they will have Fantasmic showing during our stay? Also what about the fireworks? Has anyone heard about a possible rehab for POTC during that time frame? Any info. on the Christmas parade would also be appreciated!!! Thanks. We've only have went to DLR in late Dec. but never early Dec. and in order for us to make up our minds about visiting again, we really wanted some info. on what goes on in early Dec.. BTW., what will the weather more than likely be?. Thanks everyone. It's just that we really want to visit DLR prior to the Christmas rush and want to know what may be going on. Thanks so much, Chip.

Fantasmic is usually run on Fridays and Saturdays in early December, as well as the fireworks.

The Pirates closure is still rumor at this point. The original closure was supposed to run from Sept to early Dec, but there are even more rumors now that it will be pushed out until after Jan 1. My guess would be that if the crowds stay at the levels they have been, then the closure won't happen until next year.

I haven't heard anything about the Christmas parade. I don't know if they will run it this year, or just stick with the new one for the 50th. It usually starts running in mid-November, without Santa, who makes an appearance after Thanksgiving.

We were there last year from December 4-8 and Fantasmic was not running. It didn't start running until right before Christmas. Also, it was raining and the fireworks were cancelled a few times and the Electrical Parade was as well.

I've also been hearing rumors that they are moving the Christmas Parade to DCA. And now that the Electrical Parade is gone after Labor Day, that would make sense if that rumor is true!

The reason Fantasmic wasn't running last fall was because the Columbia was down for a refurb and they can't do the show with out it. This year there are no Fantasmic show elements slated to be refurbished, so it should be running Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter