Questions from a novice

TomM

Mouseketeer
We are camping at FW Jan 7-15. One evening we are going to Chef Mickey's. Is there a boat that takes you to the Contemporary? Can you have a campfire in your campsite? Do you drive to the other parks or take Disney transportation? Do you need longer than 25' of cord to reach the electric boxes from your camper? Thank you for your help. My daughter is counting the days....well, Dad too!
TomM

there is a boat that will take you directly to the contemporary resort, campfires are not allowed in campsites but Fort Wilderness does have a campfire program along with a disney movie that is held nightly.

25 foot of cord should be sufficient but its always a good idea to have an extra one just in case.

Transportation: you will get many views on this, you can use disney transportation to get anywhere on disney property, however if time is a big factor to you you may find it easier to drive yourself to some disney destinations.

If you have not been to Fort Wilderness before you are in for a treat, it is truely a magical camping adventure.

It is faster to drive to the Contemporary then to wait for the bus/or walk to the boat dock. We had PS at Chef Mickeys the first night and decided to drive there.

I agree with all that's been said, but want to make further comment on bobcat's last point.

It is true that it would take quite a walk to get to the marina at the campground in order to catch a boat to the Contemp, making driving to the Contemp a better choice. However with FW being such a large campground anyway some (most?) campers have bikes or golf carts that make the trip to the marina (and other fun places in FW) a short trip. (we thought the bike rides/boat rides added so much to the Magic of our trip.)

In case you are not aware TomM, you can rent bikes or golf carts at FW or you can bring your own.

- lori

You are going to have a wonderful time!

If I were you, I would take the ferry to the Contemporary. Part of the magic of Disney is being able to relax and let someone else take you where you want to go. The boat ride over is very nice and peaceful.

Also, don't miss a night at the FW campfire and sing along. There's also a hayride that's a lot of fun.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter