Questions for NJ Drivers

We are driving down in a few weeks. We are trying to decide what time to leave also. We figure about 3 am. Make many stops for breaks, breakfast, lunch, etc.

We are not sure where we will be around dinner time (6/7/8pm) and stop for the night.

We would like to get to WDW around noon if possible.

Have not done this in a while. We are two cars going down.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. We are contemplating a trip in a few weeks and probably driving. And if the airfare for Jersey Week continues to be unreasonable we might be doing it again in November!!:mad:

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. We are contemplating a trip in a few weeks and probably driving. And if the airfare for Jersey Week continues to be unreasonable we might be doing it again in November!!:mad:

Have you given any thoughts on taking the Autotrain?

We don't mind driving once in a blue moon. We took the autotrain once to come home about 5 years ago and we are taking it again for Easter. Just a thought. The earlier you book, AAA discount, the better.

We have driven many times from the Vineland area, and usually leave at 4am
and pass by SOB around noon, and drive right on thru arriving around 8-8:30.
In 2 weeks we are trailling DD (17) car down to UCF, and I plan to leave at 3 am and spend an over night in Savannah. ( just to give us a cushion).
We always go right on thru on the way home usually takes 16 to 17 hours
door to door.
I did look in to the auto tran, but its a bit pricey for the 5 of us, and 2 cars, so its Uhaul.

Starting to plan our first drive down to Disney for next April!!!! I'm super excited and I've been put in charge of all the driving plans. :woohoo:

We plan on driving straight through, so the plan right now is to leave around 6 or 7 pm and hopefully get to the World around noon the following day.

Does everyone here usually just take 95 straight through? I see on the other threads a lot of people seem to take different routes aroudn the major cities, wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks!

I think if you're driving straight thru the I95 way is the fastest. If you have a few days, then sure, take other routes. When my parents drive to Florida, it takes them 3 days:rolleyes1

we are in Morris county. we leave about 3 am- get on the NJ tpk in Carteret
we drive to Savannah, GA. get there aroung 4ish. we are on the road the next day by 8 am. and in Dinsney around 12 or 1... if room is not ready we go to downtown Disney- thats usually our 1st stop anyway!
on the way home we leave about 5 or 6 am. and stop in Emporia, VA... it's then about a 7 hour drive up to Morris county from there!

Starting to plan our first drive down to Disney for next April!!!! I'm super excited and I've been put in charge of all the driving plans. :woohoo:

We plan on driving straight through, so the plan right now is to leave around 6 or 7 pm and hopefully get to the World around noon the following day.

Does everyone here usually just take 95 straight through? I see on the other threads a lot of people seem to take different routes aroudn the major cities, wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks!

If you live anywhere near easy access to 80 or 78 I would take the interior route. It's only about 50 miles longer than 95 and you probably make that up time wise by avoiding Baltimore and DC traffic. In addition you get to drive through the scenic Appalachian Shenandoah and Blue Ridge mountains. What you do is take 80 or 78 to 81 in PA, then pick up 77 in VA, 26 in SC, and get back on 95 in SC. The only city traffic you might encounter would be in Charlotte but there are HOV lanes there so it really isn't a problem. We've taken both routes multiple times and much prefer this one to 95. If you go to the "for 2,000+ mile round trip drivers" thread there's a lot of discussion of this subject.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter