Questions about what to bring: fans, groceries,documents,etc...

annect

Earning My Ears
I hate to repeat a question that's already been asked, so i did some reading through the postings, but didn't see an answer to this...i'm leaving on Sat. for my Wonder cruise on Sunday.

Do people sometimes buy a cheap fan to bring onboard for white noise in the stateroom? i am a little worried about being warm or hearing noise. (i'll bring my earplugs too..)

People mentioned stopping for groceries on the way to the port. What things do people bring along? What things are you NOT allowed to bring on? (we are 2 adults and a 4 yr old)

I have to pick up my docs at boarding. it sounds like i will have to fill them out on the spot. Any idea on how long this will take?

Thanks so much!!

Anne in CT

I'll see if I can answer a few of these for you.

1. Don't really know about the fan. We never seem to have any problems and sleep like a baby.

2. Usually when people are making a grocery stop it is for soda, water, and/or alcohol. DCL will let you bring these things on board. The only thing they ask is that it is in your carry-on and covered up. If you try to bring a 12 pack of beer on a luggage cart they will ask you to put a trash bag over it. Some people may stop for snacks but I think there is plenty of food available (free) at all times while on board. The only thing I could think of in your situation would be with the 4yo. If he/she likes certain things to snack on you might want to bring a little along.

3. The docs are pretty simple and it should only take about 20-25 minutes to do all three. If you and DH are doing them at the same time it should only take about 15 minutes.

HTH
LeiLani

I just returned from the Jan 10 eastern Magic and I would highly recommend bringing an extension cord. I didn't need it for extension purposes but needed it so my hairdryer would plug in. The plug on my hairdryer plugs in vertically downward and there was not enough room between the wall plug and the desk top for it to fit so I was forced to use the DCL built-in hairdryer in the bathroom. This was a problem because it took nearly 30 minutes each night for the weak hairdryer to dry my long, thick hair. Usually this takes about 10-15 with my own hairdryer. Needless to say, I won't make that mistake again!

Other than that, we loved our stateroom and had a great cruise. I know you will too and can't wait to read your cruise trip report!

Mom from NC

:boat:

This is from the DCL web site:

Can coolers and/or food items be brought onboard?
Coolers are not permitted except for those needed for medications, baby food, or items related to dietary constraints. Items must be pre-packaged, un-opened, and do NOT require any food prep from the kitchen. Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, chips, candy, etc.) may NOT be brought onboard. Homemade items or pre-cooked items purchased on the way to the ship will not be allowed to be brought aboard. Also, open bags or containers of snack items should not be brought aboard ship. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom. The ship's storage and/or refrigeration is not available to use.

Picking up/doing docs at the port was incredibly fast. IT took maybe 5-8 minutes for our family. THe reason is that the cast member is so familiar with it that she goes thru the pack and hands you only what she needs you to complete...all the while, she is checking you in. It was faster to do it there with her than it is to do it on my own at home.

As to what to bring...most people bring way too much. You will not be too warm in your cabin. Each cabin has individually controlled heat/ air conditioning. The small fan is a suggestion to mask any noise from the nightclubs that some people on deck 2 have been concerned about. We have stayed on deck 2 and never had a problem.

People who stop for "groceries" usually get things like soda or bottled water. There is really no need to bring any food on board. It is definitely cheaper to bring your own bottled water than to buy it on board...but the ship's water is fine for drinking. If your family drinks a lot of soda, I'd get the soda package. If you are not big soda drinkers, limit it to the dining room where it is free. You can get lemonade, iced tea, milk, etc. all the time at no charge.

My best suggestion---pack what you think you'll need, then take out at least 1/3 of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter