Questions about the Discovery Pass

zavandor

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about buying the Discovery Pass, not sure the highest and most expensive tiers would give me enough value for the way I intend to use it (I've had the Magic Plus in the past). The only thing I'd miss would be the EMH. I've never bought it, so I have a few questions:

I am a member of the ex shareholders' Club, does the 15% discount applies to the Discovery Pass too?

If yes, can I buy the pass by post and have the discount? How long does it take to arrive in the UK? If it's not possible to buy it in advance, I'll have to go to the park on Saturday in order to buy it so I can then use it on Tuesday and Wednesday when I'll meet with my friends and I'd like to avoid the extra trip.

Is it still possible to buy a dated ticket and then upgrade it to the Pass? Can I upgrade a ticket bought for a Saturday which is a day blocked out for the pass?

How is the situation for park reservations? If I buy the pass on Saturday, what are the chances for availability for the following Tuesday and Wednesday?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I do not know about the shareholders discounts. But if it's not mentioned on the website / T&Cs, you probably can't get a discount.

They don't send passes out anymore. At least not the last few months. You get an e-mail with a code to download a PDF with a temporary pass. You can use this for 2 months and within that time you have to exchange it for a permanent pass at the park. During these two months you can make park reservations like other APs, you cannot make reservations for after this period till you have your permanent pass.

The AP desk for this exchange is open from 12:00 - 16:00, I went there at 11 waited for an hour to be at the front of the line. The actual exchange only took 3 minutes because I had paid already and wanted to re-use my picture. My friend did it as well, just buying a new AP at the desk, it took her about 10 - 15 minutes.

It should still be possible to upgrade a day ticket to an AP, but I do not know exactly how this works with block out days.

I do not know about the shareholders discounts. But if it's not mentioned on the website / T&Cs, you probably can't get a discount.

They don't send passes out anymore. At least not the last few months. You get an e-mail with a code to download a PDF with a temporary pass. You can use this for 2 months and within that time you have to exchange it for a permanent pass at the park. During these two months you can make park reservations like other APs, you cannot make reservations for after this period till you have your permanent pass.

The AP desk for this exchange is open from 12:00 - 16:00, I went there at 11 waited for an hour to be at the front of the line. The actual exchange only took 3 minutes because I had paid already and wanted to re-use my picture. My friend did it as well, just buying a new AP at the desk, it took her about 10 - 15 minutes.

It should still be possible to upgrade a day ticket to an AP, but I do not know exactly how this works with block out days.
Thanks a lot of all the information!
So, if I understand, a week or so before my trip I can buy the pass online, it would be immediately active so I don't have to wait to go into the park once I arrive. Am I right?

I have found the Club terms and conditions:
https://assets.disneylandparis-news...nerales-de-lEuro-Disney-Club_-Juin-2021-1.pdf

It doesn't mention a difference about Pass tiers, so the discount is probably valid, but it says it has to be purchased at the AP bureau. Weirdly, it says:

Remise destinée au membre de l’Euro Disney Club et à 4 autres personnes de son choix maximum, soit l’achat de 5 Pass Annuels par Carte Euro Disney Club, et par an

So I could buy an AP for whoever I want, not just family members? Has it changed recently?

The bad news is that if I go on a Saturday to buy the pass at the Bureau, they won't probably let me in because it's a blocked out day, so it would be a wasted trip :(

I'll reply myself :) this might be useful to others.
I've tried to write to the Club customer relations and I got an automated email which has this FAQ:

If you wish to book a room in a Disney hotel or purchase temporary Annual Passes while benefiting from your Euro Disney Club advantage, you can contact the Client Relation Center by calling the dedicated line for Club members

So it seems it's possible to buy it before my visit. But if I buy a temporary pass, will it be activated on the day I buy it or on my first visit?

Thanks a lot of all the information!
So, if I understand, a week or so before my trip I can buy the pass online, it would be immediately active so I don't have to wait to go into the park once I arrive. Am I right?
You are right, but you would still need a reservation. I, personally, wouldn't leave it till a week before.

I bought my AP on April 27th, I exchanged it on June 17th (no visits in between). My permanent AP has as a start date June 17th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter