Questions about Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista

heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone -

We will be staying at the Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista resort in October in a 2-bedroom suite. I have searched the internet for pics of what the fold out sofa looks like but can't find anything. Also if anyone has stayed there, I would love your reviews/pics if possible! Also how long do the shuttles typically take to get to the parks? Thank you so much!

Are you asking about the location on Suiteside Dr? We stayed there several years ago in a 2 bedroom & I highly recommend it.

Beginning 1/2020 they will start charging for parking.

We did not use the fold out sofa bed in the living room. One bedroom had a king & the other had 2 beds, either Queen/Double.

They have 2 bathrooms in this suite & full size kitchen with oven. They have an awesomely run hot buffet breakfast every morning & 3 nights per week a light dinner/managers reception.

We did not use the park shuttle but drove & used AP to park there free. I don't enjoy Disney busses that run continuously, I wouldn't try an off site shuttle that will offer a few only a few times per day. They just don't fit with us going to RD then coming back for mid day storm break with nap & a/c. Then we returned to park at night until closing. At best, this shuttle will get you there mid-morning or later.

Last edited:
Ditto above.

We loved our stay there. I think it's one of the hidden gems in the Lake Buena Vista area to have a kitchen, nice pool, breakfast dining and outdoor sitting areas.

The new room renovations look very nice. For a hotel suite it was very spacious and loved the split bedroom plan for the 2 bed.

The location is awesome, you can walk to lots of eats and grocery if you want. It's only minutes to the parks. We drove.

Thanks @HopperFan for reminding me...OP, its worth checking out if Chicago pizza Giordano's is still next door. But, takes a bit of coordination as it takes 45-60 min to bake. You can call it in, then go later to eat. With your kitchen you can keep & reheat leftovers...delicious.

Also, Disney springs is just a few min drive away.

Are you asking about the location on Suiteside Dr? We stayed there several years ago in a 2 bedroom & I highly recommend it.

Beginning 1/2020 they will start charging for parking.

We did not use the fold out sofa bed in the living room. One bedroom had a king & the other had 2 beds, either Queen/Double.

They have 2 bathrooms in this suite & full size kitchen with oven. They have an awesomely run hot buffet breakfast every morning & 3 nights per week a light dinner/managers reception.

We did not use the park shuttle but drove & used AP to park there free. I don't enjoy Disney busses that run continuously, I wouldn't try an off site shuttle that will offer a few only a few times per day. They just don't fit with us going to RD then coming back for mid day storm break with nap & a/c. Then we returned to park at night until closing. At best, this shuttle will get you there mid-morning or later.

Yes - that is the location we will be staying at. Thanks for your input! We will have 5 adults and 2 children but think we will have 2 adults and 2 children in the bedroom w/2 beds and 2 adults in king bed and I'll sleep on the sleeper sofa (or just sleep on the sofa without pulling out the bed part). I like to get up earlier than everyone else and have my morning coffee :)

We aren't planning on renting a car but may now look into that as it would give us more freedom. Thanks for that tip!

Thanks @HopperFan for reminding me...OP, its worth checking out if Chicago pizza Giordano's is still next door. But, takes a bit of coordination as it takes 45-60 min to bake. You can call it in, then go later to eat. With your kitchen you can keep & reheat leftovers...delicious.

Also, Disney springs is just a few min drive away.

Thanks! I really haven't explored restaurants/stores within walking distance so will check out Giordano's! Since we won't be on the dining plan as originally planned, I am allowing $80/day per adult for meals and $40 per child (ages 5 & 8). I hope that's enough (it definitely will be more than enough for me!

Thanks! I really haven't explored restaurants/stores within walking distance so will check out Giordano's! Since we won't be on the dining plan as originally planned, I am allowing $80/day per adult for meals and $40 per child (ages 5 & 8). I hope that's enough (it definitely will be more than enough for me!

Take advantage of the free breakfast, it's a good one you can really fill up on. If there is yogurt and whole fruit, we always grab some to take back to the room. The Winn Dixie grocery is right across the street.

I think you'll really like it there. The one downside is that the three story building has no elevator. We requested & received a ground floor room. You may or may not care.

Considering breakfast in your room or at breakfast room will greatly decrease your food expenditures, your food budget should be fine. Especially, if you can get an occasional lunch or dinner in the room. Snacks & drinks can also be taken into the parks.

Sounds like you're flying in? & would need transport to the hotel for 7? I probably would rent a car, but then you have to pay parking $$$$$ at parks. Maybe you should price using uber/lyft for EVERY single coming & going you have planned. That might be cheaper than renting (an SUV/van for 7?) + parking, but you'll need the XL size ride or book 2. Do the kids need carseats?

We aren't planning on renting a car but may now look into that as it would give us more freedom. Thanks for that tip!

I would call hotel directly and asked them for specific shuttle information. While I drive I do check out the shuttle schedules at varied hotels we stay at and honestly they are so limiting I would never stay offsite without a car. Add to that the cost of getting that many people to/from airport that you could put towards a vehicle.

I found this, a couple years old but a good example of what to expect .... limited times and losing valuable morning time.

I would call hotel directly and asked them for specific shuttle information. While I drive I do check out the shuttle schedules at varied hotels we stay at and honestly they are so limiting I would never stay offsite without a car. Add to that the cost of getting that many people to/from airport that you could put towards a vehicle.

I found this, a couple years old but a good example of what to expect .... limited times and losing valuable morning time.

View attachment 429175

Thank you! I didn't call the hotel yet but did send an email to the hotel manager and waiting on a response. We originally had two rooms booked at the Yacht Club at a great rate but the savings staying at Staybridge Suites were so enticing plus we get the free buffet breakfast. Although we won't be able to add on the dining plan like we originally had with Yacht Club, we would allow for $75/day for adults and $40/day per child for food which would work out for our family. We are considering switching to a Disney Value resort where we could take the Disney shuttle/gondolas and add the dining plan. First world dilemmas I know! We are so grateful to be able to finally have saved enough over the past three years to make this trip happen and I want to make the most out of dollar and not go overboard. We thought with the savings we could visit Universal for a day.

Thank you! I didn't call the hotel yet but did send an email to the hotel manager and waiting on a response. We originally had two rooms booked at the Yacht Club at a great rate but the savings staying at Staybridge Suites were so enticing plus we get the free buffet breakfast. Although we won't be able to add on the dining plan like we originally had with Yacht Club, we would allow for $75/day for adults and $40/day per child for food which would work out for our family. We are considering switching to a Disney Value resort where we could take the Disney shuttle/gondolas and add the dining plan. First world dilemmas I know! We are so grateful to be able to finally have saved enough over the past three years to make this trip happen and I want to make the most out of dollar and not go overboard. We thought with the savings we could visit Universal for a day.

And Universal is a breeze to get to from there without getting on I-4. I stayed a week with three grown boys and we did 4 days at WDW and 2 days at Universal.

I think you'll really like it there. The one downside is that the three story building has no elevator. We requested & received a ground floor room. You may or may not care.

Considering breakfast in your room or at breakfast room will greatly decrease your food expenditures, your food budget should be fine. Especially, if you can get an occasional lunch or dinner in the room. Snacks & drinks can also be taken into the parks.

Sounds like you're flying in? & would need transport to the hotel for 7? I probably would rent a car, but then you have to pay parking $$$$$ at parks. Maybe you should price using uber/lyft for EVERY single coming & going you have planned. That might be cheaper than renting (an SUV/van for 7?) + parking, but you'll need the XL size ride or book 2. Do the kids need carseats?

Thanks for your input! We will be flying in and will need 2 booster seats (I believe - 5 and 8 year old granddaughters). Since I received the shuttle schedule from the hotel's manager, I think we will be changing our hotel to Best Western Lake Buena Vista. We didn't want to add the expense of a car rental and/or parking at hotel/parks and Best Western's shuttle runs every 30 minutes. We would have to book 2 separate rooms but the hotel looks nice and the shuttle times are super important to us.

And Universal is a breeze to get to from there without getting on I-4. I stayed a week with three grown boys and we did 4 days at WDW and 2 days at Universal.

I did get the shuttle schedule from the hotel manager and it doesn't run as often as we had hoped (only one or 2 times in the morning and same in evenings). We are now leaning towards Best Western Lake Buena Vista since we won't be renting a car and Uber seems too expensive to run back and forth to the parks. Best Western's shuttle runs every 30 minutes. We will have to book 2 separate rooms instead of a suite but we are okay with that :)

Thanks for your input! We will be flying in and will need 2 booster seats (I believe - 5 and 8 year old granddaughters). Since I received the shuttle schedule from the hotel's manager, I think we will be changing our hotel to Best Western Lake Buena Vista. We didn't want to add the expense of a car rental and/or parking at hotel/parks and Best Western's shuttle runs every 30 minutes. We would have to book 2 separate rooms but the hotel looks nice and the shuttle times are super important to us.

I have also stayed across the street from BW at the Holiday Inn. These hotels, as you may already know, currently offer 60 day advance FP selection & access to EMH. You can walk to &/or from DS (we took the bus there & got dropped at opposite end & shopped & ate our way across DS & walked back to hotel. There are 2 separate shuttles, side A & B, only one goes to BW, but if the other side comes first you can get off at HI & cross the street. We mostly drove (AP parking) but sometimes some of us would use shuttle & we didn't have to stay together.

You can earn or redeem points at these hotels that you can't do at on site hotels.

I did get the shuttle schedule from the hotel manager and it doesn't run as often as we had hoped (only one or 2 times in the morning and same in evenings). We are now leaning towards Best Western Lake Buena Vista since we won't be renting a car and Uber seems too expensive to run back and forth to the parks. Best Western's shuttle runs every 30 minutes. We will have to book 2 separate rooms instead of a suite but we are okay with that :)

Oh and in these 7 DS area hotels is the Doubletree all suite hotel. I've not stayed here & not sure if 2 BDRM is an option for all 7 of you, but they're on the same shuttle schedule you have. Even 2 rooms here would provide you more space than BW & is worth pricing out. Also, look for breakfast included rates as its not always included.

Oh and in these 7 DS area hotels is the Doubletree all suite hotel. I've not stayed here & not sure if 2 BDRM is an option for all 7 of you, but they're on the same shuttle schedule you have. Even 2 rooms here would provide you more space than BW & is worth pricing out. Also, look for breakfast included rates as its not always included.

I never considered either Holiday Inn or Doubletree. I'll price them out since I have time today since I'm off work. It would be nice to have breakfast included (like Staybridge Suites did) but not a deal breaker esp if we can all be in the same room.

I really appreciate your help and suggestions!

I never considered either Holiday Inn or Doubletree. I'll price them out since I have time today since I'm off work. It would be nice to have breakfast included (like Staybridge Suites did) but not a deal breaker esp if we can all be in the same room.

I really appreciate your help and suggestions!

Check Mousesavers they often offer a breakfast included option but its continental, not the hot breakfast. It's one of our favorite hotels at Disney Springs but we usually skip breakfast there because with the kitchenette and dining table, we can have food items in our room and it's easier. They do have a 2 bedroom option but not many. Most are 1 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter