Questions about Resort Reservations

Lizzzys

Mouseketeer
Kind of a newbie here (haven't been to WDW since 2002, Waaaaay too long!) so I'm trying to get the code thing straight and have a couple of questions.

We are planning to come sometime in April and have a family of 5 and thus, our accommodations come in cheaper by staying at a moderate, than in a value suite. (I think Port Orleans came in the cheapest, at $1308 for 5 nights) We are also considering upgrading to the Wilderness Cabins, because they look so cool Do they go fast? Should I be securing a reservation for those now? Are discount codes open to the general public or just (recent) past visitors? If I secure a ressie now.... and a code becomes available.... will I easily be able to apply that discount to my current reservation or am I locked into the original price/plan? What kind of deposit does disney ask for and is that deposit fully refundable if we decide to make alternate arrangements? If we get a good enough deal we might just be able to swing a short cruise out of Port Canaveral as well!

One last thing, can I use my niece's AAA membership to secure a discount on our room, or will i have to show a card in my own name, upon arrival?

Thanks for helping to answer my questions!
Liz

The cheapest option is the POR, then the family suites, and finally the cabins. Do the cabins fill up quickly? That I don't know. I do know that if a code comes out for the family suites, you need to be quick to get it applied, because so few rooms are available. You can go ahead and book your room now, and watch for any codes (either PIN that are specifically for you... via mail or email or general public discounts). Once a code is out, you can call immediately and try to have it applied to your existing reservation.

I don't know the answer to your AAA question, so maybe someone else can help you there. ;)

Thanks for your reply and the info Marcie! It is helpful. Can you tell me what a PIN discount is, and how one goes about getting one? Thanks!

PIN codes are totally random... the best way anyone knows to try and get one is to be sure you are on Disney's mailing/email list. Signing up at their site, and requesting the planning DVD are a good way to get on the list. At random, Disney will email/mail out specials to target areas. These offers vary from free dining to room discounts to package discounts to kids go for free (ages 3-9).

You will receive an email from Disney Destinations when you get it via email, or a postcard in the mail (I've always gotten mine via mail... it's how I booked my trip back in March... Mickey staring at me from the living room floor, where DH dropped the mail earlier that week. :rotfl:)

Wonderful! I've signed up to receive disney mail! LOL! Thanks for the tips!
Wonder why they call them PINS? I thought that literally, you would receive a collectors pin in the mail... lol
Liz

Wonderful! I've signed up to receive disney mail! LOL! Thanks for the tips!
Wonder why they call them PINS? I thought that literally, you would receive a collectors pin in the mail... lol
Liz
PIN = Personal Identification Number. Just like at the ATM.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter