Questions about National Car Rental

dishguy1977

Mouseketeer
So I used to be an Emerald Club member and even had Exec status at one point but after not using the account for a while it looks like my old login was deleted so I signed up again and had some questions about the current Emerald Club process.

1) Do i need to have a credit card on file to make an Emerald Aisle reservation? I removed my card and noticed it does not say Emerald Aisle anymore when I select mid size. I assume this is because I would have to go to the counter to give them the credit card.

2) if I do put a credit card on file and make the reservation up until when can I cancel that reservation without any sort of penalty?

3) Can I make the reservation now without a credit card on file and just add it on later prior to the rental and still use the Emerald Aisle?

I know with Alamo you don’t need a credit card to make a reservation and some people make multiple ones to give them options just in case (which I’ve never done) but not sure how National/Emerald works.

Hello! I don't have all of the answers, but I was in the same boat as you. We didn't see Emerald Aisle anymore (we had been using Dollar for many years and hadn't kept up with our info/CC on National). So once I updated our CC info the emerald aisle came back just as before. I have also reserved cars and cancelled (to change times/dates etc.) with no problem. Now I am not close to our travel date, it's possible there is some new penalty as we get closer to, but I don't see that anywhere on my reservation and I was indeed able to cancel and rebook a reservation. And for the 3rd question, I don't know if the system is savvy enough to update an existing reservation from "midsize" to "emerald aisle" by putting the credit card in, but I would imagine you could call and get that updated, if not, at least you will have a midsize locked in at your rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter