Questions about Birthday Button for an Adult?

Mrs. Snowgod

<font color=red>A <font color=blue>very <font colo
We have heard about the Birthday buttons available at the MK, but have some questions:

Are these as popular for adults to wear as for children?

Can they be purchased before the actual day? Do they ask for ID?

Can they be purchased anywhere other than MK (is it Main Street - City Hall)?

DH will be turning 49 while we are there next week - first time we have ever had a birthday during a trip. He really wants to have a Birthday button that day, but our plans did not include MK on his birthday, unless we make a fast commando stop just to get the button!

Any anecdotes from adults who have worn them will be appreciated. We already wear pin lanyards, we have GOH badges with our names, so this will be one more thing to add some pixie dust for DH.

Thanks!

I celebrated my 34th birthday at the MK and wore a button and it was wonderful.
One CM told me I had a special call from Goofy who then sang happy birthday to me. The buttons were free and they are available at guest services inside the park. I read on these boards that you can get the button at any Epcot and MGM also so I would guess you could also get one at AK.
Hope this helps.

I think they're definitely as popular for adults as children (but then I am a 33 yo child!). :) I've been to WDW twice on my b-day and wore my button (gotten free at MK's City Hall; no ID was asked for) both times. The first time a CM at the Pirates gift shop saw it and called me over to the phone: Goofy was on the other end, singing "Happy Birthday". :teeth: The second time I wore it (I had it on my backpack this time), I got lots of comments from other guests.

I thought I'd read you could pick them up at Guest Services at the other parks, but I'm not 100% certain about that.

HTH a bit! :)

I got one at Epcot on the day after my birthday (guest services). I have only heard that MK and Epcot have them. A CM in Canada told me to go get one when I mentioned the birthday. Unfortunately, I got mine at the end of the day as a memento and didn't get to see how you're treated when you wear it through the park :(

Thanks for all of the helpful info. This is great!

I do think it is all a state of mind, and I'm really glad to have a DH who gets into WDW the way he does.

So my 49 yo birthday boy will get his button.... Can't wait!
:sunny: :bounce: :tongue: :Pinkbounc :sunny: :wave: :teeth:

We will be at WDW 11/10 for the DW's 40th b'day and I wanted to get her one of these buttons.

Are the buttons the same in all the parks???????????

If not then I think it would it be interesting to collect them from each park and have her wear them all. :jester: She might not agree ;) ;) ;) but oh well

my DW's birthday is on 11/5, but we are going home 11/3. Do they give you a couple of days grace period, or only on your actual birthday?

I've seen buttons from MK (round with a blue castle) and Epcot (triangle with Mickey's face and "Happy Birthday" in many languages).

They don't check ID's. Like I said, I told them my birthday was the day before. CM told me that kids will wear them if they're on their birthday trip, even if their b-day was months prior.

fd25e7f6.jpg.orig.jpg

fd25e7f6.jpg

(these are both the same pic, just tried twice)

We will be celebrating my mom's 51st b-day on our trip in May. We will be sure to get her a button.

Was there the end of September and celebrated both my son's and my birthday while there. We got a birthday badge from each park and wore them proudly. They are free, they don't ask for any id...........and we also got to listen to goofy sing to us.......enjoy and have a great time all........

We got one at MGM. I just went into the Guest Relations area and told the CM that we were celebrating a birthday. No questions as to the date, who it was for, etc. It was a fun thing for my ds to have, he turned 9 while we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter