Question?????????????

vascubaguy said:
:wave: Just wanted to say hello, from a fellow "former" marching band geek (drum line, drum major, and brass)... :thumbsup2

Oh, and I ditto most all the comments mentioned above...

I was one of those that didn't come out to anyone until I was in college. My hometown was not a place to be "out"... Actually, 2 guys I knew bought houses in the same neighborhood so they could be close, but they wouldn't move in together for fear of being suspected. They even orchestrated weddings and divorces... (one of the bad parts about living in small towns)...

Anyway, best of luck...

Thanx for the luck. lol What a coinsidence i am on drum line tooo. Im beeing taught how to play the trumpet, and i might become a DM for my junior year. lol Im now in my Sophmore year i woulda been in my Junior year but stayed back because of illness. :guilty: So yea im about doing everything that you did before in the marching band. lol Our marching band has the longest name ever.... Toms River North Mighty Marching Mariners. That is the name of our band. lol For short we all just say TRNMMM. lol What was your bands name?

bandboy101 said:
Thanx for the luck. lol What a coinsidence i am on drum line tooo. Im beeing taught how to play the trumpet, and i might become a DM for my junior year. lol Im now in my Sophmore year i woulda been in my Junior year but stayed back because of illness. :guilty: So yea im about doing everything that you did before in the marching band. lol Our marching band has the longest name ever.... Toms River North Mighty Marching Mariners. That is the name of our band. lol For short we all just say TRNMMM. lol What was your bands name?

Well, we didn't really have a "name", we were just the Laurel Park High School Marching Band... :confused3

I actually started on Trumpet, then switched to Euphonium/Baritone as my primary. Along the way I got bored and moved into percussion for a short while (mostly snare) during the concert season. Then back to Euphonium (they just had to have my sound :lmao: ). Then in marching season I would sometimes pickup the quads for parades but stuck to baritone on the field. I didn't take up DM until my senior year, but it was fun. Our marching band was small and not that good (most people in there didn't really care)...it became frustrating after awhile but I stuck with it - it was still fun times!

Just watch out for Davy Jones' locker on that Pirate date. How cool.

As another band geek, I was clueless as to sexuality in general, let alone coming out. (I played the flute, had really really really close sleepovers with my best friend, etc...perhaps it should have been a clue...doh!).

As someone who is out and never comes out anymore it has become second nature. "So, what's your wife's name?" "Stewart," I reply. Being in academia it's usually Kosher...but I've had my share of "Uh...Oh." reactions.

Be out and be proud, but be careful. In my home city of Chicago, for instance, hate crimes are on the rise. We need to take care of ourselves.

It is great to have such a supportive mom! Mine tried to set dates up for me. Trouble was, she liked Tom Sellick, and I was more the Cary Elwes type...ah well.

Any more Pirate dates? pirate:

bandboy101 said:
Yes he did and im so happy right now. He is the nicest guy alive. lol He even asked me when we r both older if i would marry him. :teeth: :lmao: :lmao: and i said yes. lol Then we went to go see Pirates together, that was the best movie ever!!!!! lol

:cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :woohoo:

Sounds like a great first date! Congratulations!

bandboy101 said:
Yes he did and im so happy right now. He is the nicest guy alive. lol He even asked me when we r both older if i would marry him. :teeth: :lmao: :lmao: and i said yes. lol Then we went to go see Pirates together, that was the best movie ever!!!!! lol

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: now that he didn't tell me about :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: but YEY told ya you to would make a sweet couple

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter