Question for the AP gurus

Dani C

DIS Veteran
If the AP discount period includes the beginning of your stay, but not the entire stay, how does this work? For instance, I am going in December and arriving before the AP rate cutoff on 12/24 but I am staying past 12/24. Does the room rate carry through until check out? Does it work until the last day of the discount period?

Thanks in advance!

I believe it used to be that if you checked in during a lower rate and stayed into a higher rate it would stay at the lower rate, but I think it's changed since Disney went to higher cost for the rooms on the weekends. You will probably will pay two different cost for the rooms. Some discounted, the others full price. You may even have to have two reservations, this i'm not sure of.

You can have only one reservation, but your discount ends the day the promo period ends. If another discount comes out to start the day the other ends, you can book a second reservation (having two linking reservations to help prevent room changes, but you'll still have to check-out and check-in), and get two discounts--one per reservation.

You will have only one reservation. The first part of the reservation will have your AP rate applied and your deposit will be one night at that rate. Beginning on December 25th your rate will change. It will all be included in the final price you pay. You can see it clearly marked on your reservation.

If the AP discount period includes the beginning of your stay, but not the entire stay, how does this work? For instance, I am going in December and arriving before the AP rate cutoff on 12/24 but I am staying past 12/24. Does the room rate carry through until check out? Does it work until the last day of the discount period?

Thanks in advance!

AP rates just like room rates are priced on each day so on days outside of the discount window you pay rack rate and if the AP rate itself changed during your stay then each day you pay the rate for that date. 12/25 and on will be at rack rate.

Are you considering the DDP? If you are then it would be worth your while to price the free dining package with a 1 day MYW ticket to see which is the better deal. Package deals extend for the entire duration of your trip. The only way to know which is the better deal for you is to get a quote. You can do this in a few minutes online just to be sure. The 1 day tickets can be used at a later date.

AP rates just like room rates are priced on each day so on days outside of the discount window you pay rack rate and if the AP rate itself changed during your stay then each day you pay the rate for that date. 12/25 and on will be at rack rate.

Are you considering the DDP? If you are then it would be worth your while to price the free dining package with a 1 day MYW ticket to see which is the better deal. Package deals extend for the entire duration of your trip. The only way to know which is the better deal for you is to get a quote. You can do this in a few minutes online just to be sure. The 1 day tickets can be used at a later date.
Remember that with FD, the room rate changes every day as well, and you pay rack rate. Holiday rates (beginning 12/18) can be murder!

Of course, I do agree that the OP must price out whatever options are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter