Question for ladies - dresses at the parks

PrincessJL16

Earning My Ears
I'm going on a trip in June and trying to get prepared for the heat. I'm thinking of packing some dresses but would like some bike shorts to wear underneath. Does anyone know of any lightweight bike shorts they could recommend? Sorry if this is covered somewhere else in the forums.

I wear runners compression shorts under my dresses/ skirts at Disney (like bike shorts but a little thicker material so no see thru), they are moisture wicking but no chance of showing off anything. Walmart carries them in Avia and athletic works brands. They also carry an athletic maoisture wicking skirt with these shorts already sewn in.

I just wear regular panties under mine, but the dresses do come down to my knees. Lately, I wear skorts most of the time. Found a number of them with zipper pockets so I can go bagless, which is great.

Really depends on what length you are looking for. Leggings Depot bike shorts are soft and comfortable and inexpensive, but they have a longer in-seam. I like them to wear under skirts and dresses in the summer to prevent chub rub. :) There are other options at that length that are great, but it depends on how much compression/shaping you want, or if you just need a slip short.

I still have not found a shorter version slip short that doesn't roll up/down and become uncomfortable. I do have some shorter running shorts though that stay put, but they tend to be a bit warm under dresses and skirts.

I wore the Jockey Slip Short from Target for a trip March and had no issues. I'll be buying a couple more pairs for my summer visit.
Thank you for this recommendation! I bought a few pairs for our trip next week, and they are perfect!

Questions on Jockey slipshorts....

So they do they stay in place? you know they don't roll down, and the legs stay put so they aren't riding and bunching up?

I have long legs, so finding something that hits me correctly on the thigh is really hard... I'm 5'9 if that helps, and I am more than blessed in the rear end department... suggestions... do these come in lengths?

We are going down to the Keys with DH's work, and dresses at dinner are what most women wear, casual, beach styles yet very nice...and for whatever reason they always have cocktails outside, pool or beach side and while beautiful setting, its sooooo hot and humid.. and you feel like your melting... so I want something that has wicking for sure... will these do the trick?

Opinions please...

I'm heading to Target later on today so I will have to see...

Really depends on what length you are looking for. Leggings Depot bike shorts are soft and comfortable and inexpensive, but they have a longer in-seam. I like them to wear under skirts and dresses in the summer to prevent chub rub. :) There are other options at that length that are great, but it depends on how much compression/shaping you want, or if you just need a slip short.

I still have not found a shorter version slip short that doesn't roll up/down and become uncomfortable. I do have some shorter running shorts though that stay put, but they tend to be a bit warm under dresses and skirts.

Going to check out the bike shorts... I need a longer inseam, and I want them to stay put and are breathable, wicking... I want it all... I think I'm looking for a chupacabra... LOL

I'm worried about being way too hot with the slip shorts or bike shorts and a dress... we tend to go in August, so that's a real concern. Anyone have any feedback about melting or not?

I'm worried about being way too hot with the slip shorts or bike shorts and a dress... we tend to go in August, so that's a real concern. Anyone have any feedback about melting or not?
It all depends on the fabric of the slip shorts. The leggings depot ones I like are made out of that soft stuff that Lularoe is made out of, so it's very comfortable. I have slip shorts that are made out of more spandex, and those tend to be a bit hot. In general, the more compression, the warmer they will be. I haven't tried them, but Snag Tights shorts seem like they would be uber comfortable in the heat. I think I might be buying some of those soon.

Bandelettes are great if you just want the anti-rub but not the warmth of an entire later of shorts. For sitting coverage and rub protection, Jockey skimmies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts