• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for anyone who doesn't live in the "South"?

WKLB in Boston (which is usually on MY radio!), WOKQ in Portsmouth/Dover NH, and oh, shoot - 98.1 in New Bedford MA/Providence RI - sorry, offhand I don't recall the station's call letters.

And the first thing I do in a rental car in Las Vegas is find the danged country music station!

This is exactly what I was going to post. My one friend was very upset when the station changed formats.

The closest we get to country songs around here are Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift and only their real pop stuff, like the cheating song where she carved her name into his leather seats! Oh and they did used to play that Achy Breaky Heart song way back when...whatever happened to that guy? ;)
Ah, c'mon - "Before He Cheats" may be a crossover hit, but it's a country song through and through ;). And that "Achy Breaky" guy? I heard he has a kid who sings and maybe acts a little?

HelenePA said:
NEPA and yes we have country stations.. they are programmed into my radio because that's all I listen too. I was the strange girl in school who liked Garth and Nascar before they were "cool".
Barbara Mandrell (and a little bit of George Jones), "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool" ;)

I live outside of Pittsburgh, and I can get a ton of country stations. There is one main station (Y108), but I can get a bunch of different Froggy stations on my drive home from work.

I'd say country music is very popular here -- Kenny Chesney has just about sold-out Heinz Field the past few summers. I've went to two of his shows, and they are so much fun. All the big country stars usually come thru Pittsburgh on their tours.

Another one from right outside NYC. On our FM stations, there are no country stations. I'm a big Carrie Underwood fan and I can never find her on the radio other than Before He Cheats maybe once a month. I do have 1 country station that I listen to on my XM radio.

I live just outside of NYC and I do not believe there are any country stations at all.
There used to be one years ago, but nothing recently.

When they had the CMAs here a couple of years ago I remember they were like the CMAs are in NY where there is no country music station-doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm right outside, too, and I don't know of any.

I live in Central NY and I think that's about all we have. There were two major country stations, but it seems like some of the other stations have been replaced by country recently. I only listen to the radio in the car and I don't go out too often, but I think we have one or two rock stations, a "mix" one, NPR, and the rest are country.

I grew up in FL, but never listened to country music until I moved to NY. I'm not much of a fan anymore, but most people I know here listen to country. (I'm not much of a fan of any new music- I must be getting old... almost 30 ;) )

I live in the Philadelphia area and we have one.

We are in the mid-west and we listen to country!

My kids can tell you more country artist than other genre... :)

We have 2 great stations and one is recognized as the CMA- Large Market Radio Station winner!!!! :)

I don't know why but this topic is so interesting to me!! Whoever mentioned the thing about Country also being Country Western slipped my mind- good point!

Im in Idaho yes there are country stations, many many country stations.

Boston checking in and we have 2 major country music stations and at least 3 country music television stations plus the music choice country station. Country or talk/sports talk is all I generally listen to in my cars.

My oldest DD is a huge country fan. There are quite a few country stations here in the Chicago area.

I am in NJ outside NYC-no country radio stations for us!

When we drive south towards Delaware or west to PA we know we are getting closer to our destination when we can get a country music station on the radio!! :)

I'm in Baltimore, Md- and we have a few country stations- I don't listen to them(only like a few country groups/singers)- but I have family that does all of the time. We have lots of country singer concerts up here too- just went to Rascal Flatts- I love them!!!:love:

I despise country music, so i don't know :lmao: It wasn't popular where I lived in IL, but it's pretty big in MI. I switch the channel if it happens to come on ;)

I grew up in Central Washington State and there was LOTS of country music on the radio. I actually have a wider radio selection here in Georgia than I did growing up. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter