Question...Confirmed reservation vs. new minimum stay requirement

Muhlenberg

DIS Veteran
We have two confirmed reservations at HRH for 2 nights, 12/31 - 1/2. (There are 9 or 10 of us going.) At this point, we're not even sure if it's a "go" but we're hoping it is and planning accordingly.

Anyway, one of my obsessions is to check rates for our dates. Today, I noticed there is now a minimum stay for our dates. Apparently it must include a Saturday night stay. 12/30 - 1/3 is bookable, and 12/31 - 1/3 is bookable, but not our 2-night stay. Will Universal require us to book an extra night? Or, since we have confirmed reservations, are we "safe" with a 2-night stay?

You only have to adhere to the rate rules in place when you made your reservation. You should have received an email confirmation for you reservation. That email will stipulate any rate rules that would be enforced.

But do note that normally, if a particular rate has a specific rule like "minimum number of nights" or something similar, the online reservation system usually won't let you make a reservation that breaks that rule. (But it is worth checking as mistakes can happen.) And it is usually a good idea to print off your reservation showing the rate rules in place when you made the reservation (just in case the front desk think the rate "should" include something it didn't.)

I would also caution that if you make any changes to your reservation at this point, you may be subject to the new minimum requirement. As long as you leave things as is, you should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter