Question - are the Tour Groups there NOW?

No,The Fifteens are in school now.

The Fifteens come "MAINLY" in late June/July/early August(their Winter school break) and January/early February(their Summer school break).:)

Just back last week from a week long trip, and there were no "groups" there were Southern American families, as well as many British visitors.

I will never go in January again. The weather was awesome, a nice break from the nasty Ohio weather but I won't do it again. The tour groups last January were horrendous.

I've never experienced these tour groups. Do they generally stay at the value resorts?

I'm sorry but we were there last week and a group of South American farmers ( I know because they were wearing tshirts that said it and granted they were older than teen groups), were there at RD at MK. They were enthusiastic and excited to be there and cheered at the appropriate times and yes counted down in their own language. It actually was fun to see adults excited about being there. And no it wasn't disruptive or rude or any of the other complaints on these types of threads. I have been there during cheerleading and pop tour time and they were chanting and singing and rude AMERICANS. If you don't want to go somewhere with lots of loud groups of teens stay clear of Disney and Taylor Swift concerts. As a matter of fact the biggest noise complaint I would have had last week was the ladies down the hall having a bachlorette or girls weekend and came up the halls having a number of adult beverages and forgetting to use their inside voices at 2am. Pretty sure from the southern drawls that they were not from South America.

Or other south american groups are no different then a bunch of teenage girls anywhere. Loud boisterous and testing the waters.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, the South American are mostly there in June/July/Early Aug but in force during the month of July and yes they are loud and obnoxious, that is when they aren't trying to cut in line and pretend they don't understand English. The groups there in Jan/Feb are usually South Americans. Just hope you never get stuck in a closed queue like PoTC with both groups. They try to out chant each other and it's pure torture. :crazy2: Not that some of the cheerleader groups from right here in the US are much better.:sad2:

That said, we usually go in late Aug/Sept and never see them at that time. party:

I'm sorry but we were there last week and a group of South American farmers ( I know because they were wearing tshirts that said it and granted they were older than teen groups), were there at RD at MK. They were enthusiastic and excited to be there and cheered at the appropriate times and yes counted down in their own language. It actually was fun to see adults excited about being there. And no it wasn't disruptive or rude or any of the other complaints on these types of threads. I have been there during cheerleading and pop tour time and they were chanting and singing and rude AMERICANS. If you don't want to go somewhere with lots of loud groups of teens stay clear of Disney and Taylor Swift concerts. As a matter of fact the biggest noise complaint I would have had last week was the ladies down the hall having a bachlorette or girls weekend and came up the halls having a number of adult beverages and forgetting to use their inside voices at 2am. Pretty sure from the southern drawls that they were not from brazil.

Brazilian or other south american groups are no different then a bunch of teenage girls anywhere. Loud boisterous and testing the waters.

Ummm, not true. These huge groups are insane! Not just loud, they are rude, if it were a matter of people just wanting to have fun it would be a non-issue but you cannot enjoy yourself when they are in your area. When we would see them we would immediately walk the other way. As I said we will not go back in January, it was so bad that I will not endure a trip while having to avoid them. I can handle cheerleaders, I can handle marching bands, I can handle gaggling groups laughing and singing but these tour groups were well beyond what is reasonable behavior.

PPs have listed the months when the large South American teen groups come in force ( multiple tour groups at the same time). But they come sporadically, in smaller total numbers at other times as well. They most frequently stay at the value resorts, but occasionally stay at some of the mods. Any group, no matter where they're from, can get discounts if they have sufficient numbers. I haven't heard of the teen groups staying deluxe, but wouldnt be surprised to hear of some adult or family groups ( who rarely create problems) staying there.

We've encountered some of these groups, who have behaved abysmally, several times. One of the main reasons we no longer will visit in Jan. But we have seen equally or worse behavior by groups of American cheerleaders and other youth groups. So I won't single out the SAs for bad behavior. They should all receive the same consequences for their behavior. Unfortunately I have rarely seen Disney take any action to correct it. The recent rumors of a Disney directive to curtail chanting is, I suspect, going to remain largely unenforced.

Oh no. I want to go early Feb and was hoping to stay at AoA because it has more space and the separate bedroom option. Now this has really put me off staying here. But would like two bedrooms without costing the earth.

Please fellow Board Members don't use nationalities in your posts or replies I edited a few on this thread..I could have deleted but I thought you might be not a ware of the rule. Danny

Oh no. I want to go early Feb and was hoping to stay at AoA because it has more space and the separate bedroom option. Now this has really put me off staying here. But would like two bedrooms without costing the earth.

They will be there. Besides the summer break, they come all of January and about the first three weeks of Feb. I finally got smart and moved my trip to last week of Feb/first week of March and saw just a few stragglers. Once country goes back to school beginning of Feb and the other goes back by the end of Feb.

Stayed at POP a few times ............ miserable ............ tried to eat at AoA since we enjoy it and we couldn't even get in ours ............. they were there too.

The chanting is what sets them apart. Cheerleaders can be pretty loud too but I've personally never heard such chanting. You know, the chanting that Disney has banned. :rolleyes2

They will be there. Besides the summer break, they come all of January and about the first three weeks of Feb. I finally got smart and moved my trip to last week of Feb/first week of March and saw just a few stragglers. Once country goes back to school beginning of Feb and the other goes back by the end of Feb.

Stayed at POP a few times ............ miserable ............ tried to eat at AoA since we enjoy it and we couldn't even get in ours ............. they were there too.

is mid- November ok? That's when I'm going for the first time. Hoping to avoid large groups.

The chanting is what sets them apart. Cheerleaders can be pretty loud too but I've personally never heard such chanting. You know, the chanting that Disney has banned. :rolleyes2

I will also say I am there all the months the cheerleaders are. Yes they are in mass at their resort and at time practicing. But in the parks they are permitted to break up in smaller groups so I've never seen more than 6-8 together. The other groups must stay together in parks and you are talking 25-50 of them, even more if you are in something like Fantasmic.

is mid- November ok? That's when I'm going for the first time. Hoping to avoid large groups.

I think November is pretty safe from the big tour groups, and most high school and younger teams. But I hear there is Jersey Week ... I've never been then others will have to fill you in. (I am a native NJ girl :goodvibes so no hard feelings )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter