Question about under 5 vaccine and OGT rate

My WORST nightmare! Sailing concierge and cruise has been changed twice already. There was 1 small window for concierge to get a refund that our TA did not tell us about. (We would have happily taken it.) We are sailing with extended family with 2 under 5s in Oct. They are not planning to get vaccines for the kids. And so....they will have the chance to cancel for a full refund but we will not. I'm so furious with how concierge has gotten screwed through all of this. Our TA did tell us that we cannot move our cruise again (I believe that was because we were within our PIF when it was moved the last time). So it's sail without our family or lose it all.

And so....they will have the chance to cancel for a full refund but we will not.
If I recall, you pushed a cruise out to this Oct. date using the Cruise Date Flexibility policy. Did your family members do the same? If so, I'm not sure they will be eligible for a full refund - at best a partial but the penalty from the earlier cruise will remain.

Can you all shift to a sooner date?

If I recall, you pushed a cruise out to this Oct. date using the Cruise Date Flexibility policy. Did your family members do the same? If so, I'm not sure they will be eligible for a full refund - at best a partial but the penalty from the earlier cruise will remain.

Can you all shift to a sooner date?
Yes, they did. I'm not sure what the "policy" was. But I can't believe they would not be entitled to a refund if they cannot have their children vaccinated!! Disney offered that to everyone else...don't see the difference. And we were outside of cancellation, so we all stand to lose everything? Wow.

Yes, they did. I'm not sure what the "policy" was. But I can't believe they would not be entitled to a refund if they cannot have their children vaccinated!! Disney offered that to everyone else...don't see the difference. And we were outside of cancellation, so we all stand to lose everything? Wow.
I agree DCL's policies and changes have been confusing at best. But according to your post the February cruise was cancelled/re-scheduled within the 60-day penalty window. That was done using the Cruise Date Flexibility policy which allowed changing cruise date up through 15 days days prior to embarkation, but the original penalty carries forward to the new cruise date. So I don't believe you could even get full-value refund because the October reservation essentially only has a 25% value. Now if that wasn't accurate on the older post, then it may not apply here.

I wouldn't be concerned about them making it a mandate. I have been trying to find my child a vaccine for days now and it's impossible.
The only place I can find “near” me is a Walgreens across town. I have called every pharmacy across three different counties! We sail at the end of July and I have to get my youngest vaccinated this week if I want him fully vaccinated before we sail.

I agree DCL's policies and changes have been confusing at best. But according to your post the February cruise was cancelled/re-scheduled within the 60-day penalty window. That was done using the Cruise Date Flexibility policy which allowed changing cruise date up through 15 days days prior to embarkation, but the original penalty carries forward to the new cruise date. So I don't believe you could even get full-value refund because the October reservation essentially only has a 25% value. Now if that wasn't accurate on the older post, then it may not apply here.
I am not sure anything said back then, applies now.

If Disney decides to go ahead with the vaccine mandate for babies, then they will have no choice but to offer full refunds for everyone sailing with babies.

The only place I can find “near” me is a Walgreens across town. I have called every pharmacy across three different counties! We sail at the end of July and I have to get my youngest vaccinated this week if I want him fully vaccinated before we sail.
I just found a Minute Clinic about 15 minutes away but they're only offering Pfizer. I'm in the same boat (literally), we sail end of August so Moderna is the only way to get him fully vaxxed by then. Good luck!

At some point this has to stop. The uptake is this age group will be under 15%. That's kneecapping a huge portion of your customer base.

They already did that with mandating 5-12 ...the percentage of that age range is low also. 29% fully and 36% with one dose as of June 15 per the CDC. Its barely budged since January.

I just found a Minute Clinic about 15 minutes away but they're only offering Pfizer. I'm in the same boat (literally), we sail end of August so Moderna is the only way to get him fully vaxxed by then. Good luck!

I thought Pfizer was a 3 week wait in between shots and moderna is a 4 week wait between shots. Has that changed for the new release. All my grands had the Pfizer shots and boosters (teens)

I thought Pfizer was a 3 week wait in between shots and moderna is a 4 week wait between shots. Has that changed for the new release. All my grands had the Pfizer shots and boosters (teens)
Pfizer requires 3 shots. First shot, 3 weeks, second shot, 8 weeks, third shot, then two weeks to be fully vaccinated. So 13 weeks total. Initially there was talk of approving the vaccine months ago so kids could get their first two shots right away, and then wait for the third shot/booster, but that's obviously not what happened.

Pfizer requires 3 shots. First shot, 3 weeks, second shot, 8 weeks, third shot, then two weeks to be fully vaccinated. So 13 weeks total. Initially there was talk of approving the vaccine months ago so kids could get their first two shots right away, and then wait for the third shot/booster, but that's obviously not what happened.

thanks, I didn’t realize they changed it for the little ones To 3 shots. My 6 yo grandson got his first Pfizer shot. then 3 weeks later he got his second one. Waited the required 2 weeks after #2 to be consider fully vaxed. No booster for his age group.

thanks, I didn’t realize they changed it for the little ones To 3 shots. My 6 yo grandson got his first Pfizer shot. then 3 weeks later he got his second one. Waited the required 2 weeks after #2 to be consider fully vaxed. No booster for his age group.
I believe they just approved boosters!

I am not sure anything said back then, applies now.

If Disney decides to go ahead with the vaccine mandate for babies, then they will have no choice but to offer full refunds for everyone sailing with babies.
I don't see DCL backing down on the Cruise Date Flexibility policy -- others have already reported on it. In the PP situation, they booked a cruise for Feb. 2022 and in Jan. 2022 they decided to push it out which was allowed using the Cruise Date Flexibility policy. HOWEVER, that policy already requires an automatic penalty from the Feb. 2022 booking if they cancel - which based on the PP's own post is 75%. So on DCL's books, the PP's family members essentially only have a 25% "value" left of what they paid. That would be the max refund. (and that doesn't even consider if any part of that amount was considered 125% FCC from a covid cancellation - which could really make the accounting messy)

I feel for them - I hate for anyone to lose money and no cruise. That's why I suggested that poster try to get the cruise moved sooner - presumably before any new requirements might take effect. If they move that cruise from Oct.2022 up to this summer (say maybe Aug.2022) it is highly unlikely that DCL will change requirements that quickly and therefore the kids are ok. Of course, nobody knows when/if DCL will make changes. They may be ok with the Oct. cruise but I'd be pretty stressed about a rule change hitting this fall.

I don't see DCL backing down on the Cruise Date Flexibility policy -- others have already reported on it. In the PP situation, they booked a cruise for Feb. 2022 and in Jan. 2022 they decided to push it out which was allowed using the Cruise Date Flexibility policy. HOWEVER, that policy already requires an automatic penalty from the Feb. 2022 booking if they cancel - which based on the PP's own post is 75%. So on DCL's books, the PP's family members essentially only have a 25% "value" left of what they paid. That would be the max refund. (and that doesn't even consider if any part of that amount was considered 125% FCC from a covid cancellation - which could really make the accounting messy)

I feel for them - I hate for anyone to lose money and no cruise. That's why I suggested that poster try to get the cruise moved sooner - presumably before any new requirements might take effect. If they move that cruise from Oct.2022 up to this summer (say maybe Aug.2022) it is highly unlikely that DCL will change requirements that quickly and therefore the kids are ok. Of course, nobody knows when/if DCL will make changes. They may be ok with the Oct. cruise but I'd be pretty stressed about a rule change hitting this fall.

No, we didn't have any 125% FCC. So we'd stand to lose over $20,000 between our 2 rooms. I guess we can't do anything but wait at this time.

No, we didn't have any 125% FCC. So we'd stand to lose over $20,000 between our 2 rooms. I guess we can't do anything but wait at this time.
If you can move up the cruise to this summer and sail before any mandate goes into effect, that is what a lot of parents of the 5-12 age group did.

I can only find Pfizer here and very hard to find. DS will be two weeks out from shot #2 when we sail, but won’t have completed the third. Two are better than none, but I wish we could have found Moderna and been done at 2 shots.

My kids doctor’s office doesn’t have any of the vaccine yet and Walgreens won’t vaccinate under 3. The doctors office thinks they will get some in soon. I’m hoping that I can get my kid vaccinated before our Halloween cruise.

I’m wondering if she is completely vaccinated, if that will allow her to test 2 days prior to sailing instead of 3 days before and at port and while on the cruise. I wish Disney would update policies quicker cause, even though my cruise isn’t for awhile, I’m a huge planner and like to know what to expect way in advance

My kids doctor’s office doesn’t have any of the vaccine yet and Walgreens won’t vaccinate under 3. The doctors office thinks they will get some in soon. I’m hoping that I can get my kid vaccinated before our Halloween cruise.

I’m wondering if she is completely vaccinated, if that will allow her to test 2 days prior to sailing instead of 3 days before and at port and while on the cruise. I wish Disney would update policies quicker cause, even though my cruise isn’t for awhile, I’m a huge planner and like to know what to expect way in advance
If they are fully vaccinated they will be treated as fully vaccinated the same as other age groups. Disney treated over 5s who were vaccinated the same as vaccinated adults before they mandated they over 5 vaccines

For me personally that's tons of money.. I'd be rebooking if I knew there was no way the parents will vaxx. Can only suggest some EU sailings, great deals and tons of space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter